Roulette Draft - QF: Himannv/EAP vs Skizzo

Who will win this match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Himannv

Voted to see the score. Seems this is all but over.

I'd have thought Giggs + Amoros would eventually start making inroads along that left flank. I don't think Daglish offers enough defensive cover over 90 minutes there. You could potentially expect Makelele to shift over and cover up, but he's on the wrong side of central midfield to help there. I like McGrain but I think he's outnumbered on that flank. If you combine the supply on that flank with a free roaming GOAT level player like Sir Bobby Charlton and Dennis Law, I think that's a direct line to goal there.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Netzer is definitely a better midfielder than Alonso, but it's not like he's going to take on Alonso and dribbler past him with trickery and pace. His strengths are in accurate passing and Alonso has good tactical and positional sense to cut off such flows.
Again, not true at all.

I agree on him and Scholes overlapping though.

MJJ

Voted to see the score. Seems this is all but over.

I'd have thought Giggs + Amoros would eventually start making inroads along that left flank. I don't think Daglish offers enough defensive cover over 90 minutes there. You could potentially expect Makelele to shift over and cover up, but he's on the wrong side of central midfield to help there. I like McGrain but I think he's outnumbered on that flank. If you combine the supply on that flank with a free roaming GOAT level player like Sir Bobby Charlton and Dennis Law, I think that's a direct line to goal there.
Valdes was the difference maker for me, both sides will have a lot of attacks and I trust buffon to keep the ball out more.

MJJ

I'm going to take a page out of @MJJ and claim conspiracy. Whoever voted against me are working with ISIS trying to undermine a democratic team build.
Do you have four to five voters of the same nationality voting against you? One of the benefits of moving to our own forum is that you are seeing less of agenda voting.

Also, you seem to have taken that comment very personally, guilty conscience? :smirk:

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
I'm going to take a page out of @MJJ and claim conspiracy. Whoever voted against me are working with ISIS trying to undermine a democratic team build.
Didn‘t want to vote cause neither side really convinced me. Then I saw Valdes vs Buffon and just had to go for Skizzo. He really has no place in an All-Time Draft, even for Tiki Taka sides there are several keepers who are a better choice.

Himannv

Congratz @Skizzo, good luck with the rest of it!

Got to thank @Edgar Allan Pillow for stepping in and helping out with my team! It's all down to him that I made it this far anyway since I was probably going to go all gung-ho and play a 4-4-2 with Cantona and Law upfront and Charlton alongside Souness in midfield. The 4-2-3-1 really stabilized my side a lot more and probably got me more votes.

Thanks to all the organizers for setting this up and letting me play!

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Congratz @Skizzo, good luck with the rest of it!

Got to thank @Edgar Allan Pillow for stepping in and helping out with my team! It's all down to him that I made it this far anyway since I was probably going to go all gung-ho and play a 4-4-2 with Cantona and Law upfront and Charlton alongside Souness in midfield. The 4-2-3-1 really stabilized my side a lot more and probably got me more votes.

Thanks to all the organizers for setting this up and letting me play!
I would have loved to see that 442! Was interested to see how you would line up after the Cantona pick, where you had many attacking players very early. Was thinking you were going for some sort of WM formation with SBC and Cantona as inside forwards.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Do you have four to five voters of the same nationality voting against you? One of the benefits of moving to our own forum is that you are seeing less of agenda voting.

Also, you seem to have taken that comment very personally, guilty conscience? :smirk:
Whatchu talking about willis, I always vote for you no matter how shit your team is

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
The streak continues @Skizzo :cool:.

I didn't quite get the Dalglish upgrade but it turned out great. His back to goal play would be invaluable with Henry and Blokhin threatening in behind, and overall he provides a reasonable facsimile of Bergkamp's qualities that brought the best out of Henry.

Skizzo

The streak continues @Skizzo :cool:.

I didn't quite get the Dalglish upgrade but it turned out great. His back to goal play would be invaluable with Henry and Blokhin threatening in behind, and overall he provides a reasonable facsimile of Bergkamp's qualities that brought the best out of Henry.
Wanted to mix it up a little, especially since Edgar specifically upgraded the left back spot :lol:

Another draft, another victory over EAP. A job well done.

Himannv

I would have loved to see that 442! Was interested to see how you would line up after the Cantona pick, where you had many attacking players very early. Was thinking you were going for some sort of WM formation with SBC and Cantona as inside forwards.
Probably something like this:

Based loosely around this idea:

The WM was also an option although that became increasingly difficult since I couldn't get the LB I wanted.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I was thinking it was great to see Kenny Dalglish winning a draft game until I realized it's Daglish who played!

The good news is to have 5 United players on the pitch