Roulette Draft - R1: Skizzo vs Team Beam

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Enigma_87

You know who
Not sure tbh :lol: probably the defense needs an upgrade, and maybe find a setup to make @Physiocrat appreciate Henry :p
It was the main reason I voted for Team Beam tbh. I don't rate Hansen and Schwarzenbeck all that high in all time sense. It's not the statistical fit - it's pretty good, but more quality wise.

Also with the more defensive McGrain I'd like a more attacking RW instead of industrious Conti. The other parts of your team is mint.

Skizzo

It was the main reason I voted for Team Beam tbh. I don't rate Hansen and Schwarzenbeck all that high in all time sense. It's not the statistical fit - it's pretty good, but more quality wise.

Also with the more defensive McGrain I'd like a more attacking RW instead of industrious Conti. The other parts of your team is mint.
Yeah I left the defense quite late in picks, which shows tbh. Was happy to get in a complementary duo in the middle, but quality wise they don’t hold much weight here.

idmanager

I quite liked Blokhin with Henry. But was not sold on Netzer with Henry. I would usually prefer a way more direct and constantly advanced attacking midfielder with him.

While Blokhin doesnt leave Henry alone, the Bergkamp and Zidane comparision by the man himself shows how much his game depends on the central player behind him.

While I have lots of time for the genius of Netzer, I dont think I will ever be fully sold on that combo.

Skizzo

I quite liked Blokhin with Henry. But was not sold on Netzer with Henry. I would usually prefer a way more direct and constantly advanced attacking midfielder with him.

While Blokhin doesnt leave Henry alone, the Bergkamp and Zidane comparision by the man himself shows how much his game depends on the central player behind him.

While I have lots of time for the genius of Netzer, I dont think I will ever be fully sold on that combo.
While not necessarily always advanced, Netzer was a very direct player. Although I can see how his tendency to prefer to drop a lot deeper may leave that area behind Henry open.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
While not necessarily always advanced, Netzer was a very direct player. Although I can see how his tendency to prefer to drop a lot deeper may leave that area behind Henry open.
Surely that should suit Henry's game given his tendency to drop deep and go on his mazy runs. Esp with Blokhin to dovetail with, and Blokhin's blistering pace and incisive darts inwards can take advantage of the vacated space. That being said I just don't quite see what Conti bring to the attack here, as much as I like Conti. Just not seeing the synergy between him and Henry-Blokhin, a more creative inside forward would probably be easier to visualize I reckon.

Skizzo

Surely that should suit Henry's game given his tendency to drop deep and go on his mazy runs. Esp with Blokhin to dovetail with, and Blokhin's blistering pace and incisive darts inwards can take advantage of the vacated space. That being said I just don't quite see what Conti bring to the attack here, as much as I like Conti. Just not seeing the synergy between him and Henry-Blokhin, a more creative inside forward would probably be easier to visualize I reckon.
Don’t tell me you want Juan bloody Mata out there. They’ll crucify you on here. Make a hasty exit, I’ll cover for you.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
@Skizzo It will be interesting to see how your reinforce. I like Netzer but his tendency to drop so deep I think could be an issue.

TBF Since Henry was at Arsenal at the time I found him overated and Ruud underated. I've revised my views over time but he's never a player I'll love although I do recognise his serious ability.

Btw I did vote for you

Skizzo

@Physiocrat tbh I’m in two minds about reinforcements, although it all depends on the rolls and such anyway.

I just wanted to hear your thoughts as I find it interesting how different people view the same set up. Part of the fun seeing how people interpret something. Just on this page people have loved and hated Blokhin/Netzer/Henry/Conti :lol:

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Cheers for the rest of the thoughts. Why do you feel this?
Was just a first impression. Admittedly I'm no expert on Netzer, so maybe I just haven't seen him enough but he is just one I had a hard time visualizing with Henry from what I have seen - Netzer might be too direct for my ideal Henry side is probably how I'd put it.

Skizzo

Was just a first impression. Admittedly I'm no expert on Netzer, so maybe I just haven't seen him enough but he is just one I had a hard time visualizing with Henry from what I have seen - Netzer might be too direct for my ideal Henry side is probably how I'd put it.
I guess a “build your ideal Henry side” thread is due :D