Roy Hodgson | Appointed England Manager

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I actually thought Mascherano was the best player at the WC. Don't know about the Ballon d'Or, but not sure it's as idiotic as other votes or as is being made out on here.
He was massive for Argentina, but better than say Neuer or Robben? Nah, not for me. He might've chosen Mascherano for their short period together at Liverpool although I thought they didn't really get along.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
He was massive for Argentina, but better than say Neuer or Robben? Nah, not for me. He might've chosen Mascherano for their short period together at Liverpool although I thought they didn't really get along.
Fair enough, I get the argument for Robben, don't agree on Neuer, but it's opinions. Just thought Mascherano was head and shoulders above everyone else in that Argentinean squad which was mainly based on being solid (and he was a rock), didn't put a foot wrong imo. But it was often in a role not that appreciated, I think.

Bwuk

Mascherano was great at the World Cup as a combatitive midfielder.

He's nowhere near the best player in the world. I also thought Schweinsteiger for example, was better than him in the same role at the World Cup.

England will never do anything with Hodgson in charge. An utter fool.

Boycott

People are taking it way too seriously.

Have a look at the other votes.

Mascherano is as deserving of it as Rodriguez, Ibrahimovic, Courtois!

All year people bemoan how Ballon d'Or is a glorified Ronaldo vs Messi, how it only cares about goalscorers. A man decides to bring some credit to a key midfielder who does a lot of ground work to allow those attacking players to do their thing, and gets laughed at. Double standards.

JulesWinnfield

West Brom Fan
Evan Fanning ‏@evanfanning 3h3 hours ago
Roy Hodgson votes for Javier Mascherano for the Ballon d'Or. A player he tried to replace with Cristian Poulsen

(I don't know how to embed tweets...)
He had Mascherano sold for him and was given barely any money to buy replacements. If he'd spent 55m on Downing and Carroll you could understand, but giving someone 4.5m to replace a crucial first teamer is obviously not going to end well for any side with champions league ambitions.

NinjaFletch

He's clueless.

And I don't know how he's still in a job seeing as we've been utterly abysmal whenever it matters under him.

Mascherano must be devastated.

I still cant believe this fool is our manager :lol:

Leg-End

How exactly can we trust him to pick our nations best players when he can't pick the worlds best?

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I know it's boring and tedious with Ronaldo and Messi, dominating the Ballon D'or year in year out, but it's not like they didn't merit it, they are the 2 best players on the planet, and choosing them is not a wrong thing to do (although it is boring), not choosing them would be unfair since you didn't award it to the best player.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
TBF to Woy some other geezer also voted Mascherano no1, whereas Ronaldo is the only person in the world who thinks Sergio Ramos is the BPITW!