Roy Hodgson | #OpenToWork

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Surely inconceivable a team will be on 0 points after 7 games? They'll surely get at least a point against us or City

AR87

I think it was that his style of football seemed particularly unsuited to the players he had at Palace. He was an odd choice to follow Allardyce, especially as it seems the board was not willing to give him a bedding in period from the start.
That was certainly the perception, but in the Liverpool match for example, they sat deep, played direct and tried to hit them on the counter. Even against Burnley they played direct and got numbers into the box for crosses. I feel like he was adapting.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Imagine having 0 points and 0 goals for AFTER 8 GAMES!! :eek: Could even be 9 games?

Even Derby County managed 5 points and 5 goals in their first 8 games in that disastrous record defining season of theirs. Even their worst run was 0 points in 7 games although they did manage to score the 1 goal.

I can't see Palace getting anything at the Emptihad or Old Trafford and Chelsea will turn them over. They'll be on their knees by the time they go to St. James' Park. Hodgson will be gone by November. Hope they get mullered all season.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
0 scored, 13 conceded. Only striker in the squad injured and could be out for a while. They're getting a result at OT aren't they?

RedPed

Whatabouter.
0 scored, 13 conceded. Only striker in the squad injured and could be out for a while. They're getting a result at OT aren't they?
It does have that air of United inevitability, granted....but nah, surely not! They may get their first goal, which would be typical of United but I refuse to believe that United would not put this team away.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Crystal Palace are ready to step up their attempts to land free-agent Carlton Cole to ease their striker crisis.
(The Sun)

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
They got Chelsea at home next? Cant blame Hodgson yet. Three of the best teams in the league one after the other.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Just Chelsea next, he'll be fine. Poor fecker handed possibly the toughest start any manager could be, just City and United away followed by Chelsea at home. That said I still think he's outdated and lost in modern football and shouldn't be losing by an average of 4.5 goals.

The Bloody-Nine

They got Chelsea at home next? Cant blame Hodgson yet. Three of the best teams in the league one after the other.
So why not leave Frank in charge until those games are done, then appoint someone new? Idiotic from the people in charge.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
I loved the wide grin he had while talking to Jose at FT. He had similar grins after some losses during Liverpool tenure too iirc. Great man :D

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
"My methods have translated from Fulham to FC Betamax to Royal Engineers and Atlantis; and you're telling me that I don't know what I'm doing? Oh hang on, where's me trousers gone? I swear I put 'em on last week..."

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
As much as I want to berate him he has come in at the worst possible time for any manager. I'll refrain from giving him too much stick until he's played some mid table and lower level teams

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
I don’t get why they sacked De Boer knowing these 3 fixtures were coming. Hodgson was hardly going to inspire them to results against City, us and Chelsea.

Surely it would have been better to let FDB nail the coffin for himself and give Roy the post after those drubbings and use positive motivation in games where winning had a realistic probability.

Lovely bloke though tbf.

FromTheBench

2nd wrong appointment they have made for me.

Not a manager for a relegation dogfight. Though they have enough quality in that team.

MrPooni

Amazing how dinosaurs like him and Allardyce can still get games as PL managers.
His style of football may not have been entertaining by any stretch but this notion that he's some regressive dinosaur on par with 'Arry is absolute bollocks. He was one of the first managers in the country to not only embrace staistiscal analysis, nutrition, sports science and psychology, he put it at the forefront of everything he did. Love his approach or hate it, he was progressive as feck. Don't get me wrong I'm by no means a Sam Allardyce fan, I think he's a bit of a deluded twat if I'm being honest but that doesn't mean I have to resort to lazy stereotypes to justify my dislike of him.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
His style of football may not have been entertaining by any stretch but this notion that he's some regressive dinosaur on par with 'Arry is absolute bollocks. He was one of the first managers in the country to not only embrace staistiscal analysis, nutrition, sports science and psychology, he put it at the forefront of everything he did. Love his approach or hate it, he was progressive as feck. Don't get me wrong I'm by no means a Sam Allardyce fan, I think he's a bit of a deluded twat if I'm being honest but that doesn't mean I have to resort to lazy stereotypes to justify my dislike of him.
Very good post.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I'll do that for you don't worry :angel:. Crystal Palace haven't been gifted the easiest run-in tbh.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Dinosaurs as in too old and should retire from the game. Redknapp is another one. It is time to call the final curtain.
Managers like these get praised for their longevity when in my eyes they should be scrutinized for being terrible for such a long period of time and getting away with it.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Managers like these get praised for their longevity when in my eyes they should be scrutinized for being terrible for such a long period of time and getting away with it.
They sacked De Boer too early because Woy was going to be in charge for a difficult set of fixtures anyway.