Roy Hodgson | #OpenToWork

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Unbeaten in 6 and out of the relegation zone. Quite the turnaround considering they had 0 goals in their first 7 games.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Doesn't that turnaround coincide with Zaha coming back from injury? He's been quite the player for them this season.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
Unbeaten in 6 now which is quite a turnaround from where we were after 7 games. Sure most of our play goes through Zaha but what would the Real/Barca be without Messi/Ronaldo eh? It's a 4-4-2 built around hard work, not rocket science but so much better than under FDeBacle. He's done well old Roy.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
He's got a good haul of points since his appointment. Well done Woy, Palace may escape relegation this season.
Got them really well organised, clear on what their identity is and he's getting the most out of his players. Basically the complete opposite of what he was doing with England. Maybe England are just uncoachable.

Bojan11

Got them really well organised, clear on what their identity is and he's getting the most out of his players. Basically the complete opposite of what he was doing with England. Maybe England are just uncoachable.
He did a similar job at WBA and Fulham. He just isn’t cut out for the bigger jobs like Liverpool and England.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
He did a similar job at WBA and Fulham. He just isn’t cut out for the bigger jobs like Liverpool and England.
Indeed once the players decide they don't respect you it's all downhill from there.

Acole9

Outstanding
Proven track record with this type of club. The guy can't cut in the top jobs: England, Liverpool and Inter Milan but apart from that his record has been excellent.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Thought he'd do well with them when he was appointed. You could tell in their game against us that he'd started to change their mentality. Fancied them to beat Chelsea too.

Chipper

Adulterer.
I remember catching the 2-2 against West Ham followed by their 1-0 loss away to Spurs and thought then that if they could to continue playing like that then they'd stay up. They have so far for the most part, which was always doubtful as that could have just been a flash in the pan. He's done really well to maintain that improvement in them, and while they're still far from out of trouble deserves a lot of praise for getting them to where they are now. Still drawing a lot mind, could do with turning them into wins.

They keep going right to the end, don't they? Injury time eqauliser in the West Ham game I mentioned, winner against Stoke, a turnaround against Watford, a third icing-on-the-cake goal against Leicester, pulled one back against Arsenal, and while they missed them they earned those late pens against Bournemouth and City. He's got them determined.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
People like to laugh at him but he's a good manager for this level of clubs.
Yep.

Has a similar impact to Pulis when you look at it (kept Fulham and West Brom up when they were both bottom 3 when he took over) but the football is a little better on the eye.

FujiVice

Never seen this before. Shows you what the Liverpool job does to you.

Revaulx

When he’s working away from the limelight (Fulham, West Brom, England qualifiers, Palace) he does well and gets his sides playing good football in the process.

It seems to be when he’s under constant scrutiny (Liverpool, England tournaments) that he turns to shite.

A former colleague worked in the finance department at Fulham while he was there, and says that Hodgson was adored by all.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

This is just fantastic by Hodgson.

Alabaster Codify7

Roy Hodgson looks like Pep compared to Ole.

Far better track record, beat Ole head-to-head on his own turf and is managing a club with a much smaller budget than ours yet is outshining Ole comfortably. More clean sheets than us with a CB pairing of fecking Sakho +1. No £80m CB or £50m RB in his back line.

It's proof of the fact that your players is only part of the whole, coaching and management also comes into play.

Roy is a decent manager.

roonster09

Scout
fecking hell, every thread is infested with this Ole crap thing.

Tarrou

Roy Hodgson looks like Pep compared to Ole.

Far better track record, beat Ole head-to-head on his own turf and is managing a club with a much smaller budget than ours yet is outshining Ole comfortably. More clean sheets than us with a CB pairing of fecking Sakho +1. No £80m CB or £50m RB in his back line.

It's proof of the fact that your players is only part of the whole, coaching and management also comes into play.

Roy is a decent manager.
Finally, we have some proof because Roy Hodgson kept some clean sheets

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Had a very poor stint at Liverpool, in the early days of Fenway during the hangover from the two cowboys, and a decent albeit dour run at the England job but he's doing a fine job at Palace. He's a good manager with vast experience.

roonster09

Scout
To be honest, it just seems all the more damning to Ole that other managers seem to extract more from their squad.
Yeah but we have threads for that.

This is the stat I found very interesting and posted it, to praise how well he has done after being written off after Liverpool but I had to read this Ole thing again in this thread. We have nearly 100 threads to shit on Ole and by now everyone knows Ole is out of his depth and be moved on. Why can't we just praise or talk about Hodgson?

Anyways whatever the case I find Palace to be very watchable team because of flair in their team. Zaha, Townsend taking on defenders is really fun to watch and credit to Hodgson for finding right balance especially in away games. They are very good drilled unit.

Alabaster Codify7

Finally, we have some proof because Roy Hodgson kept some clean sheets

Nope, the proof is in Roy's overall managerial record. He wipes the floor with Ole. Ole has shown nothing to suggest otherwise. If he does, I'll change my stance. I still wouldn't want Roy managing United by any stretch, but that is also a reflection of how low down the managerial totem pole I view our current manager.

svn

Hodgson is clearly very good at managing a certain sort of club. And that's absolutely fine, it doesn't make him a poor manager because he failed at England and Liverpool. It's just not the sort of job he's suited to.