Roy Hodgson set to be sacked by Watford (NO! WILL QUIT AT THE END OF THE SEASON!)

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/60122964

Watford set to appoint Roy Hodgson as new manager
Watford are set to appoint former England boss Roy Hodgson as their new manager.

The Hornets are keen to make a swift appointment following Claudio Ranieri's dismissal on Monday with the club in the Premier League's bottom three.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I wonder if Hodgson and Ranieri passed each other on their way in/out.

The next guy after Hodgson is probably on the M1 as we speak, if he's quick enough he might pass by a sacked Hodgson driving away.

Last edited:

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Isn't he like 95?

Bloke needs a hobby.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Will this dinosaur ever retire? Guy will be managing a PL team on his deathbed at this rate.

UnitedFire

Extending his record as oldest manager to manage in the Premier League.. 74

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I give it 2 months.

Thing is Hodgson could turn them into a solid outfit but he'll never get enough time to do it.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Very nice fresh take on sack watch. I approve!

He won’t last until the end of the season. Just a weird weird club. I don’t really know what else they expect with their style and standard of recruitment. Isn’t Sarr their biggest signing and that was years ago now? Weak in midfield and defence and always ready to sell their best player if a decent offer comes in.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
:lol: Poor old Woy, can only see this ending one way. Woy's a legend in my book but he needs to retire. Again!

BorisManUtd

Hodgson will be 75 in August.. Though will he last at Watford until then is a question.

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
At the job interview I'm assuming the owner said "are you free around the end of April for a quick meeting? Just need to pencil in a time slot for your sacking".

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
great title. Well done

Seriously though I do worry about Roy. He gets super stressed, and Watford wont be good for his health. Surely he can just enjoy retirment at this stage, he has earned it

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
What a dreadful unimaginative appointment if that is. Good grief.

I hope they go down now - either them or Newcastle. I’d absolutely love Norwich to finish bottom, Burnley to finish second bottom then let Watford and Newcastle fight it out for the last relegation spot.

Burnley v Newcastle on the final game of the season should be good. Chris Wood sending Burnley down would be biblical.

I’m loving my life

It will be good to get some fresh new managerial blood and innovative new ideas into the PL. Good appointment for Watford