"Roy Keane a total failure, both as a manager and a player." - so says Adrian Durham

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
I wouldn't wish a playing career like Keane's on anyone;)

Drifter

American
As a player???.Suppose just saying as a manager would not get the phones ringing.

Drifter

American
Steven Gerrard is above Keane apparently.According to football guru Durham.

reddev07

he also said a few weeks back that andy cole was nothing but an average striker that played in a good side

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
The thing is, i think even he realises that he's talking crap today.

Durham has just said that Gerrard is ahead of Keano as a player by some distance.

Round and round goes the radio Jack in the Box. lol

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I've no doubt that they aren't his actual views, it's just to get people talking about it and ringing in.

Seems to have done a good job then....

For the record i like the show, Durham and Wrighty are very funny together.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
To be fair to Durham though, he probably keeps tabs on more football than a lot of pundits out there, this was particularly evident when he did the evening Football First in Europe show a few years ago.

This job however, requries that you sort of skew that on occasion. He was correct on Carragher mind you. :D

Don't get too angry, of course if you have the time drop him an email or a call and put him in his place. ;)

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Steven Gerrard > Roy Keane according to Durham

also Gerrard can play loads of different positions, and Keane is just a one-trick pony.

This is in spite of the fact that Gerrard can't play in the central midfield.

Must be on a WUM, the Irish are seething mad.

Xander45

Know-It-All Champion May 2009
Right Roy Keane is a one trick pony because he can only play at centre mid. Gerrard is better because he can play in other positions. So O'Shea is better than Terry because he can play in other positions.

Now he's saying he would pick Gerrard over Keane because Gerrard "did it" in a Champs League final. Where Keane was banned, and dragged us kicking and screaming to the final even though he knew he was suspended.

lucius

Who the feck is Adrian Durham?
Can I endorse this question.
never heard of the twat, so why introduce a thread about his views, no matter how worthless they might be.

waste of redcafe webspace

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
What a fecking retard this Durham guy must be.
If he gets bombarded with people ringing in, texts and emails, not likely.

Can I endorse this question.
never heard of the twat, so why introduce a thread about his views, no matter how worthless they might be.

waste of redcafe webspace
He's known to many on the Caf and in football circles here in the UK, good enough in my book.

FlawlessThaw

Wind up or not. Durham is talking shite when he is talking about Keane the player. He's probably right about Keane the manager though.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
it's funny.

I'd love someone to ring in and ask why gerrard scores so many for liverpool but not for his country :D

He should have perhaps said captain and then he might have had a point. Saying player is their plan to get calls and it's working

To say flop as a manager is silly. This was roys stickiest moment as manager but no one really knows why he quit. Before now at his one and only club he got them promoted after they started the season bad, kept them in the division and even now a run or 3 or 4 wins and they'll be ok

So on both scores it's bollocks

M13

Reserve Team Player
Wind up or not. Durham is talking shite when he is talking about Keane the player. He's probably right about Keane the manager though.
He did come in and drag Sunderland from a relegation scrap to automatic promotion though, and kept them up the next season. This after inheriting McCarthy's 'Worst side the Premiership has ever seen' squad. He did well, just seemed to bottle it at the first sign of trouble.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
Seems like everyone is up for being controversial to get well known rather than just speaking a bit of sense and eventually getting well known.

MUFCgal

Steven Gerrard is a very good player but he'll never, ever lace Roy Keane's boots in my opinion. Sure Gerrard 'did it' in a CL final and fair play to him but I think that fact is a bit unfair towards Keane seeing as he was suspended for the final in 1999. He got booked in the semis and even though he knew he wouldn't play in the final he still stood eyeball to eyeball with Juventus, took the game by the scruff and dragged us back into the game and into the final, would Gerrard have done the same? I can honestly say I don't think so as his ego is too huge and he's up his own arse he'd be too pissed off with getting booked in the first place.

Roy Keane for us was fecking immense, he's my most favourite player in United's history and his medal collection is amazing, so for somebody to say he failed as a player is talking pure shite :nono:

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Wine-up or not, Durham was making a criticms of his ability, now we've got Dannky Kelly and Alvin Martin questioning his mental strength, in essence saying that he has bottled it as a manager and goint on to say that based on this alone he will probably never be employed again.

I know which i find the more ridiculous.

Some people in the media really sticking the boot in, perusing old agendas you feel.

It may not be all that popular a system here in Britain, however i do wonder if there is merit in Keano taking on a job where the burden of signing and negoitaiting players' contracts is taken on by another [of course someone that Roy things that he can get along with]. For it seemed to me that this one area which weakned his position at Sunderland a fair bit and currently at least is not one of this strengths.

FlawlessThaw

Durham and Wright always have an opposite view it's what the show is based on.

I wouldn't give it a moments notice.

yesterdays show was quite good with Simon Jordan filling in for Wright.
Today was Ray Houghton, and he's always generally biased towards Liverpool. But he had to argue how Keane was a better player than Gerrard and you could almost hear him squirming when he brought up the fact that Gerrard hasn't been able to win the league for Liverpool.

Legend16

any argument that holds gerrard to be above keane is really not worth having. its an absurd notion