Roy Keane - at it again.

GenZRed

Keane is a brilliant storyteller. Extremely funny and actually very interesting. He could hold court in a room full of thousands for hours.

He shouldn't be a manager ever again though. He hasn't got the mentality. He expects everyone to be as good as him or put as much effort in as he did and it just will never happen.
Considering that Keane always gave it all in every game, I think he is right to expect that. In fact all football coaches should expect their players to give it their best effort.

nore1975

Supports
Liverpool
I felt he turned on one of the presenters when they sort of stuck up for Walters. He doesn't like being challenged. To me that classic bully behaviour. He is not a nice person. Indeed I wonder does he suffer from Asperger's syndrome. People who do have trouble exhitibing empathy and relating to other people in their general lives. Having watched the whole interview his lack of awareness is staggering. He either doesn't care how he comes across or he simply doesn't understand how the way he expresses himself is viewed.
His personality makes him patently unsuitable for management. He is too black and white. He is a volcano waiting to erupt.

thepolice123

Was great when he was our captain on the pitch, his professionalism and tenacity really shined.

Getting showed up for the prick that he is now that he out of football.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Everyone want to be the best. A team dont finish fourth because they didnt want it enough. They finish 4th because there were 3 better teams. If he was such a winner he wouldnt fail as manager.
Makes no sense whatsoever. It's like saying SAF shouldn't be considered a winner if he failed at cricket or skateboarding.

GenZRed

I don't think there is anything wrong with Roy Keane's personality. Only thing I see wrong with him is the whole Keane vs Fergie spat. Some people on here saying he is not a 'nice guy' well do you think 'nice' people will have the traits to be a good leader? Do you think they will keep everyone on their toes and have the personality to call people when their performances drop?

Name Changed

weso26
Considering that Keane always gave it all in every game, I think he is right to expect that. In fact all football coaches should expect their players to give it their best effort.
Anyone who ever spoke about training with him said he gave 100% in everything that he did whilst training. Rightly or wrongly the majority of players simply won't do that.

Name Changed

weso26
I don't think there is anything wrong with Roy Keane's personality. Only thing I see wrong with him is the whole Keane vs Fergie spat. Some people on here saying he is not a 'nice guy' well do you think 'nice' people will have the traits to be a good leader? Do you think they will keep everyone on their toes and have the personality to call people when their performances drop?
He wasn't a leader because he was a nice guy. He was the leader because of what he did on the pitch and what he would expect from others.

By the way the majority of his ex- teammates say he is a nice guy. Obviously he had spats and he holds grudges for some same reason but most his teammates seemed to like and respect him.

Gazza

Anyone who ever spoke about training with him said he gave 100% in everything that he did whilst training. Rightly or wrongly the majority of players simply won't do that.
I’ve no idea how you can say that with such certainty?

I feel Keane’s problem is not that he expects people to give 100% at all times. It’s that he can’t adapt his people skills to fit different personalities. Which is ultimately a big failing as a manager. Amazing captain though, obviously.