Roy Keane the pundit

The-Mezzala

To be fair to Roy, Bilic was being really annoying in his punditry tonight.

There was an edgy, uncomfortable atmosphere around Bilic (as I've seen before in his punditry), and I'd also add that it fecking annoys me when people keep touching you when trying to make a point - it's shitty, B-rate alpha type body language and it annoys me.

I also like how Keane got it his put down of Croatia right at the end - "I think Argentina will beat them".

Bilic was being a dick, and it felt weird and edgy to watch. Fair play to Roy tonight.
Yes totally agree on that Bilic was making digs all the time and Keaneo was ready to blow you could tell. What’s the betting they have a fight on TV by the end of the tournament .

red4ever 79

Get off yer fecking soapbox you numpty! All I'm saying is considering he was so immense for United you'd expect him to be a bit more dignified and not such a prat, which he is.

Feck sake! Some people on here are so sensitive and tough behind their computer screens!
My god, how on earth were you even allowed to join this forum

Minimalist

Michael Hunt FEN ‏ @Mikehuntfutbal 16h16 hours ago More Roy Keane on Irish t.v: "For me, Cristiano Ronaldo is an embarrassment. He goes running to the corner flag celebrating a draw. A real striker would go looking for the winner. Ronaldo has always had a small-time mentality." Scathing. #WorldCup #WorldCup2018 #Ronaldo #PORESP 1 reply . 0 retweets 0 likes Reply 1 Retweet Like Direct message

From Twitter.. sit down Ronaldo !
Is this a fake quote? Genuinely thought Keane adored Ronaldo.

djhooley

Roy keane doesn't do any punditry on Irish TV, so I dunno where those quotes could be from, I smell bullshit.

lsd

The Oracle
Roy keane doesn't do any punditry on Irish TV, so I dunno where those quotes could be from, I smell bullshit.

Pretty much the majority of Keane quotes you see are bullshit .

Unless you see him saying it himself chances are its fake and yes he would never say that about Ronaldo

criticalanalysis

Bilic was going over the top, got a bit too handsy and Keano was having none of it. He sat there looking like he might be deciding if he should murder Bilic on live TV or wait until later. Bilic was also very pro-Croatia, but not any worse than people like Ian Wright will be with England. Then Keano got a few put downs in and seemed slightly more pleased with the situation.

I enjoy Roy, you know what you're going to get with him and he's far more entertaining than Souness almost crying because Pogba's hair has enraged him or Jamie Redknapp not understanding the meaning of half the words he's saying while hammering the same half point over and over again like his brain has got stuck in some sort of spasm.
:lol: thanks mate, great summary.

lsd

The Oracle
To be honest iv no idea why BBC and ITV spend so much money on high profile presenters when they only give them five mins to talk about any match then the next ten mins is spent watching a video of England's camp

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Dear Lord, what a vile man! To think he was a United legend. Don't know how he gets work as a pundit. Face like a slapped arse!
Eh? He is quality as a pundit I think - he is not a vile man at all he is just from Cork.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Michael Hunt FEN ‏ @Mikehuntfutbal 16h16 hours ago More Roy Keane on Irish t.v: "For me, Cristiano Ronaldo is an embarrassment. He goes running to the corner flag celebrating a draw. A real striker would go looking for the winner. Ronaldo has always had a small-time mentality." Scathing. #WorldCup #WorldCup2018 #Ronaldo #PORESP 1 reply . 0 retweets 0 likes Reply 1 Retweet Like Direct message

From Twitter.. sit down Ronaldo !
Ok

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He's obviously playing a character during this world cup

FujiVice

Why is he so angry?

He's got everything you would want in life .

Or does he have all that because he is so angry?
His hips are absolutely fecked by all accounts. He left the game in more pain that most.

I do think he's way more self aware than some are giving him credit for, though. This is a man who, when he walked out on Ireland before a World Cup, chilled out on the plane watching Fawlty Towers. Definitely a sense of humour in there.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
He's obviously playing a character during this world cup
That's him the majority of the time when ever I have seen him, just just a very unlikable character who is overly bitter about something. Top player mind you.

Small time mentality?
Does anyone outside of redcafe even use the phrase small time :lol:
3 terms that gets used on here a lot is "small time", "bang average" and "shithouse".

OutOfTowner

JCL Daytripping WUM
Love how he adds the excellent coach line at the end. Timing is everything in comedy!
"If I could, I'd nail that man to his desk by his hands and bash his head in with a shovel. Then I'd take him outside and have him torn to shreds by a pack of ravenous pitbulls. After that I'd burn his house down and laugh as his family is reduced to a pile of smouldering ash.

Fantastic manager though."

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Keane mentions in one of his books (can't remember which one, read them ages ago) about how much he hated Queiroz. Was no surprise to see him tearing into him.

Moonred

How is he unlikeable? Absolutely loveable from an outsider pov despite going overboard at times. The charm is identifiable.

John_Jensen

I find his trolling quite funny, definitely a subtle comedic aspect to it.

Poles apart from Souness' butthurt.

Inter Yer Nan

I've not cared for Keano's digs at Fergie in recent years but everything else is funny. He has a natural charisma too so he's nothing like Souness who's just a massive bitter bell end.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
They're both miserable farts who look like they'd rather be anywhere else on earth. They're both amusing because of that.
Yeah, others might not say so because 'he might be a cnut but he's our cnut', but they're both peas in a pod. Reflects in their parallel struggles in man-management.

Acole9

Outstanding
Don't be nasty about Roy, he's a cute cuddly teddy bear really :lol:.

T_Model101

"I'm not sure about these huddles, they're going into the dressing room to talk about it anyway"
The guy is just gold :lol: