Roy Keane

Betson

What did he say about the rest of our players?

From Memory.

Thinks Bruno has looked a very good addition so far , as well as ability he has been very impressed by his attitude.

He says he is a big fan of Pogba on his good days , but just not consistent enough so far. He is good enough but has he the right attitude to put in performances week in week out and not just when he thinks he has something prove to people.

He does not think Fred is up to it at the top level , thinks Matic is a good player and good pro.

killerboi2

Hopefully he faces some sort of disciplinary action for encouraging physical violence against one of our players, "joking" or not. I have a feeling his bosses might be too cowardly to do anything about it though.

This is exactly the type of behaviour that got him thrown out of the club, thinking he can say whatever he wants and gets away with it.

MikeeMike

Hopefully he faces some sort of disciplinary action for encouraging physical violence against one of our players, "joking" or not. I have a feeling his bosses might be too cowardly to do anything about it though.

This is exactly the type of behaviour that got him thrown out of the club, thinking he can say whatever he wants and gets away with it.
And he couldnt even narrate his own audiobook apart from intro. Says it all

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
To the surprise of no one, one thing that Roy Keane loves is that you get punished for mistakes at this level of the game... So don't make mistakes you fookin idiots.

Anyway, very happy man tonight... You love to see it

Irwin99

An absolute boss. Also smashes Gerrard twice during the game :D

Also, Giggs 2nd goal :lol:

Irwin99

That’s post hip surgery Keane too so not the all action Roy of his peak. The tempo of passing is what stands out for me - one touch then forward between the lines.
I was impressed by the sheer amount of passes and control to his game. Just always looked so composed with his touch/passing and that's an accuracy of at least 90%. Gerrard said there were times when Vieira and Keane "walked all over him" and that was one of those games where Keane really bossed things in my opinion. Great player.

GioF

He's just such a downer all the time. Incredibly unlikeable human being.
Completely disagree. I find his dry sarcastic humour entirely endearing and if I’m honest I think he’s playing to that character somewhat now.

Reactions: Fortitude

sport2793

Completely disagree. I find his dry sarcastic humour entirely endearing and if I’m honest I think he’s playing to that character somewhat now.
I'm a huge Roy Keane fan and agree with him that the Villa celebration was a bit much but I honestly don't think it's dry sarcastic humour. He's just a truly bitter and dark human being and actually believes what he expresses with words and body language.

keithsingleton

What's the problem of Villa's players celebrating staying in the league ?
None what's so ever. :D I just think Keane being Keane going by the look on his face he thought you'd think the players had just won the league or cup final by their actions. The professional Keane was he probably thought you shouldn't be celebrating not getting relegated and more concerned about the performances over the season to be at the bottom.

As a pundit I can watch him all day.

el3mel

To be fair, it was a bit over the top from the Villa players.
I don't see anything over the top. They were bound to go down before Arsenal game, and just survived in the last 2 matches. The players needed to get all this tension out and the celebration was warranted imo. Any other team would have celebrated like this or even more.

sport2793

I don't see anything over the top. They were bound to go down before Arsenal game, and just survived in the last 2 matches. The players needed to get all this tension out and the celebration was warranted imo. Any other team would have celebrated like this or even more.
If United celebrated like that for getting 3rd I would be extremely concerned, even taking into account the achievement in coming back from so many points back.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Anyone who doesn't think Keane is playing up to his dour reputation should watch that On The Ball interview he did with Gary Neville. He's definitely self aware.

el3mel

If United celebrated like that for getting 3rd I would be extremely concerned, even taking into account the achievement in coming back from so many points back.
You can't compare United to Villa. What's Villa's target and what's the most they'll achieve in the league ? A comfortable bottom half finish and not to be in relegation fight is the most you can expect from Villa. The expectations from United are different.

sillwuka

Watching these clips in isolation isnt really painting the full picture. To say he's a bit dark seems a bit of a stretch.

Seems a laid back guy when watching full shows and is just openly honest about what he thinks.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout

An absolute boss. Also smashes Gerrard twice during the game :D

Also, Giggs 2nd goal :lol:
Yeah that’s the cool, calm conservative Keane of his last few years - past his peak obviously, but still a dominant force in the league. Passing of the highest standard in terms of consistency and weight, and an unmatched presence across the midfield defensive line. We could really do with that Keane in our side going into next season.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He's just such a downer all the time. Incredibly unlikeable human being.
Absolutely not. He's fantastic. Love him. Even when I strongly disagree with him, I love him.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Anyone who doesn't think Keane is playing up to his dour reputation should watch that On The Ball interview he did with Gary Neville. He's definitely self aware.
Aye, he’s said as much in multiple interviews. He’s even taken the piss out of himself on Sky once when everyone was criticizing a player for not closing down quick enough. And he said he wouldn’t be too hard on the lad but then “maybe I’m just too nice of a guy.” Even followed it up with a comedy style turn of the head and stare into the camera. :lol:

I think before this year he’d just complain about stuff for the hell of it but in the last 6 months or so he’s added the comedic element and it’s absolute gold. The smirks and looks he gives with the deadpan delivery. It’s brilliant, he’s had me in stitches multiple times.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Keanes pure box office.
You only have to check the views he gets on YouTube on his rants and clips. Sky arent stupid.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Aye, he’s said as much in multiple interviews. He’s even taken the piss out of himself on Sky once when everyone was criticizing a player for not closing down quick enough. And he said he wouldn’t be too hard on the lad but then “maybe I’m just too nice of a guy.” Even followed it up with a comedy style turn of the head and stare into the camera. :lol:

I think before this year he’d just complain about stuff for the hell of it but in the last 6 months or so he’s added the comedic element and it’s absolute gold. The smirks and looks he gives with the deadpan delivery. It’s brilliant, he’s had me in stitches multiple times.
Yeah same here. He's not the best out and out pundit, but he fits right in at Sky because he's pure entertainment.

Red00012

I’m be angry too if I had to sit in the studio having to listen to Micah Richards laughing all the time

Red00012

Phones out dancing around because you survived relegation? Muppets. Villa are better than that.
To be fair to them they looked down and out the past few weeks until Watford decided to give them a helping hand

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Because they haven’t won anything.

Keano can’t relate to it because his mindset was so focused on winning. Mere mortals can’t relate.
Disagree that he can’t relate. He’s been relegated as a player and managed a team to safety after promotion. He’s been in this exact position. So obviously he can relate.

He said before the match even that the pressure at the bottom of the table was bigger than any pressure for our players today. So he can certainly relate.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Disagree that he can’t relate. He’s been relegated as a player and managed a team to safety after promotion. He’s been in this exact position. So obviously he can relate.

He said before the match even that the pressure at the bottom of the table was bigger than any pressure for our players today. So he can certainly relate.
He can’t relate to celebrating like that for achieving the bare minimum (survival) is what I’m saying.