Roy Keane

kidbob

Roy is just Roy. You can hate his view on things but that's what made him the player he was for Ireland and United. I definitely wouldn't want to have a pint with him but I'd want him on my team when push came to shove.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
To be fair, it was a bit over the top from the Villa players.
Nah, I love Roy Keane and find him very entertaining as a pundit. But I disagree with him all the time. Any side that survives on the last day should go all out and celebrate. I’d find it strange if they didn’t

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Anyone who doesn't think Keane is playing up to his dour reputation should watch that On The Ball interview he did with Gary Neville. He's definitely self aware.
This was such a good interview (apart from the actual interviewers).

He basically turned into a comedian, his timing and delivery of dry humour was immense :lol:

He was clearly in his element

Flexdegea

Absolutely not. He's fantastic. Love him. Even when I strongly disagree with him, I love him.

This all day. Sometimes dont agree but still love him and his views, will always be like that. Beast of a player. Best captain my lifetime and I'm nearly 40 :lol:

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Phones out dancing around because you survived relegation? Muppets. Villa are better than that.
Sorry pal. You havent a clue. I bet you villa fans were celebrating like it was a trophy too

Tyrion

Keane only thinks winners should celebrate.

He's a bit ignorant here.
Maybe that's why he struggles as a manager. He basically refuses to be happy unless hes won the league which is basically impossible for 99% of teams.

Bojan11

Don’t blame Villa players for celebrating. Relegation isn’t just about them. Lots of normal staff lose their jobs from it.

The Oracle

The only other person I've seen on TV who is as short-tempered and snappy as Roy Keane

...is Duncan Bannatyne from Dragon's Den.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Maybe that's why he struggles as a manager. He basically refuses to be happy unless hes won the league which is basically impossible for 99% of teams.
It’s really 95%. ;)
Anyway, only seeing that clip there he gave credit to dean smith and all, he just said it’s just a bit OTT.
betcha the Sun would say “keane slams villa’s celebrations”.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Some people are so cheery

for what it’s worth I agree with the posts saying Keane does stuff with a smile and plays on this character of himself knowingly, none of it is ever hateful

RUCK4444

After spending 150 million? Compare that to Sheffield United. Pathetic to celebrate like a cup final.
Yes they should hang their heads in shame because they didn’t get relegated for spending money. :confused:

The players didn’t spend the money, they did enough, just about, to stay in the top flight. They can celebrate if they want to. No shame in that.

0le

The Sky presenter near exactly what he was doing asking Keane for his opinion about that!

Stacks

He's just such a downer all the time. Incredibly unlikeable human being.
What's the problem of Villa's players celebrating staying in the league ?
Keane only thinks winners should celebrate.

He's a bit ignorant here.
He is just playing up to his role for Sky sports and is actually a funny man. He is only reacting the way the pundits wanted him to but its mainly for the banter.
Completely disagree. I find his dry sarcastic humour entirely endearing and if I’m honest I think he’s playing to that character somewhat now.
exactly!

Lj82

I recall that Keane said the advice SAF have him when he became a manager is that he needs to stop expecting his players to do things in the pitch that he can do, to stop expecting them to perform like himself or his united team mates. SAF knows him best.

Lj82

It’s really 95%. ;)
Anyway, only seeing that clip there he gave credit to dean smith and all, he just said it’s just a bit OTT.
betcha the Sun would say “keane slams villa’s celebrations”.
Yup. It's not like he is angry at villa players for celebrating or what

Jibbs

I love Keane's dry humour and saying things as it is, no nonsense. Miles better than the dross Gary Naville and Jamie Carragher utter all the time.

Withnail

Roy is just Roy. You can hate his view on things but that's what made him the player he was for Ireland and United. I definitely wouldn't want to have a pint with him but I'd want him on my team when push came to shove.
He'd be great to go for a pint with.

He's done loads of interviews for Irish tv and radio over the years. He's always very entertaining and has a great, albeit very dry, sense of humor.

Red00012

I think some of his reactions are just playing to the cameras.

He mentioned getting relegated with Forest before the game . He said it’s tough been relegated as you carry that burden with you.

Fast forward 2 hours later he’s criticising Villa for celebrating avoiding it !

Tel074

I'm a huge Roy Keane fan and agree with him that the Villa celebration was a bit much but I honestly don't think it's dry sarcastic humour. He's just a truly bitter and dark human being and actually believes what he expresses with words and body language.

It's without doubt a dark humour he has . He has that little grin on his face while he nods his head . Why would he be bitter about Villa he stated a few weeks ago he hopes they stay up because he has alot of time for Villa from his time there and he like Dean Smith . The man is a winner he just doesn't think players should be celebrating being shit all season .

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
How can anyone believe that villa players shouldn't be celebrating . Wigan won the fa cup & got relegated at the same time and now they are in administration. Staying in the league is the main aim for promoted clubs and it's what the villa players have been trying to achieve all year. They have been in the relegation zone all season and now finally all the pressure is released. How can you not celebrate that

Bondi77

I cannot take any pundit seriously so I like Roy as he is a Utd legend and he makes me laugh.

Withnail

It's without doubt a dark humour he has . He has that little grin on his face while he nods his head . Why would he be bitter about Villa he stated a few weeks ago he hopes they stay up because he has alot of time for Villa from his time there and he like Dean Smith . The man is a winner he just doesn't think players should be celebrating being shit all season .
He's clearly taking the mick a bit but you can tell he thinks it's OTT.

Bondi77

It made me laugh with Lingard celebrating his tap in.....probably means he will be here next season

Lj82

I think some of his reactions are just playing to the cameras.

He mentioned getting relegated with Forest before the game . He said it’s tough been relegated as you carry that burden with you.

Fast forward 2 hours later he’s criticising Villa for celebrating avoiding it !
Was he really criticising them?

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
This all day. Sometimes dont agree but still love him and his views, will always be like that. Beast of a player. Best captain my lifetime and I'm nearly 40 :lol:
Best captain in my lifetime and I'm nearly 60!

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Keane was spot on whilst souness and mourinho were writing of utd.

Dante

Average bang
Keane and Richards need to be cast in a buddy cop movie like Rush Hour, Beverley Hill Cop, or Men in Black.

Tarrou

He was joking around there, sky sports are always setting him up for these comedic moments. He went on to praise Villa massively

Richards reaction was great too

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

An absolute boss. Also smashes Gerrard twice during the game :D

Also, Giggs 2nd goal :lol:
That is my channel btw :D. Was wondering where all the views were coming from till I found out it was posted on here :lol:.

You can find more of such videos (including ones on United legends) on here if you are interested - https://www.redcafe.net/threads/match-compilations.440915/

That’s post hip surgery Keane too so not the all action Roy of his peak.
Yeah that’s the cool, calm conservative Keane of his last few years - past his peak obviously, but still a dominant force in the league.

Well here's Keano at his rampaging best. Brilliant performance and a cracking game.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
I think he gets off on criticizing United and if not that, not praising United. The comment about Lampard having done better job than Ole. All the reasons he gives on why Lampard has done better apply to Ole too. I mean some may think Lampard has done better job, which is fair, but then reasons given for that should be more believable than reasons Roy gives.

"Frank’s done a better job, I have to say. I expect them to be there or thereabouts, but the way they’ve played, the way Frank comes across, he comes across really well. There’s no nonsense about him, he’s made big decisions, he’s brought a lot of young players in, good players, good quality, but they’ve needed an opportunity, they took it.
They finished in the top four and obviously if they can win FA Cup, great achievement."
There’s no nonsense about him
What's nonsense about Ole?

he’s made big decisions
I think trusting a 17 year old academy player after selling a 20 goal a season, regular scorer is as big a decision as it can be at a big club, especially when your own job depends on it.

he’s brought a lot of young players in, good players, good quality, but they’ve needed an opportunity, they took it.
....as compared to Ole who insisted on playing only 30+ year old players.

They finished in the top four and obviously if they can win FA Cup, great achievement.
"They finished 3rd and obviously if they can win Europa league, great achievement."

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Keane and Richards need to be cast in a buddy cop movie like Rush Hour, Beverley Hill Cop, or Men in Black.
48 Hrs would be perfect. Fun loving younger black guy paired with a miserable older white guy. Both seem to fit the roles haha.

Betson

I think he gets off on criticizing United and if not that, not praising United. The comment about Lampard having done better job than Ole. All the reasons he gives on why Lampard has done better apply to Ole too. I mean some may think Lampard has done better job, which is fair, but then reasons given for that should be more believable than reasons Roy gives.

What's nonsense about Ole?

I think trusting a 17 year old academy player after selling a 20 goal a season, regular scorer is as big a decision as it can be at a big club, especially when your own job depends on it.

....as compared to Ole who insisted on playing only 30+ year old players.

"They finished 3rd and obviously if they can win Europa league, great achievement."
Just because he said there is no nonsense about Lampard does not imply that he thinks the opposite of Ole , it is not always one or the other. He also praised Ole's post match interview.

Keane has been by and large very complementary of Ole and the progress he is making since he took the job.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Just because he said there is no nonsense about Lampard does not imply that he thinks the opposite of Ole , it is not always one or the other. He also praised Ole's post match interview.

Keane has been by and large very complementary of Ole and the progress he is making since he took the job.
My point was that those can't be reasons to say Lampard did better because all those things Ole did very well too.