Roy Keane

Chairman Steve

Yeah I wouldn’t take anything what he says about OGS, even though deep down he knows his mate is floundering in the role.

I’m actually intrigued how Gary Neville will react to tonights result. He has conveniently decided to focus on Salford tonight going by his Twitter. I wonder if he will shame the fans and media into them thinking OGS should go a la that Newcastle game in 2018 when Jose was still manager.

ghagua

For me 'on the right road' is about right for Arteta at Arsenal. They're not brilliant and there's plenty of work to do but they seem to have the basics covered, particularly without the ball, and that's something you couldn't say from late-Wenger until recently so some credit is due. Anything other than 'good plan, executed well, good without the ball (Elneny in particular), tidy if uninspiring with it, United were crap though' I would say is probably going too far in praise of them from yesterday.

As for Keane he's not wrong about our lack of leadership, character and quality generally, and obviously when compared to PL teams Keane himself was involved in today's vintage are nowhere near. But he's so obviously loath to criticise Ole in any way, which doesn't help give a rounded picture of our woes in the PL this year.
Arsenal are playing good football, they're hit or miss at the moment with results, but it's getting there. Look at the money we have spent and where we are, and the football we play. We're fine passing sideways and back, but quality passes forward are too far and few. Also, our players standing still without making a move to free themselves just annoys the crap out of me.

We should have seen a style of play over the last 2 years even if not results, but we have the same shite, just a little more freedom for us to try and attack. I wish LvG was not such a cnut with allowing the team to attack, as he had the right idea about retaining the ball and passing it around.

BR7

As an Irishman growing up watching Utd I loved Keane.
Took me a while to warm to Carrick but I loved his partnership with Scholes around 2008. He became an integral part of the team for a long, long time and still hasn't been replaced.

Both good players, both bring different qualities and both would walk into this current team despite the depth we currently have there.
Reason I ask is that Darrick is the anti Keane. He is everything I dislike in a CM, he isn’t vocal, he isn’t strong at anything specially the tackle (think I saw carrick tackle a couple of times during his career and get nutmegged more. Carrick to me is the start of the demise. He had nothing that Roy did. He is still sat on our bench motionless looking like a piece of dead wood and people rate him. You take carrick out of that 2008 team we would have still won. You took Rooney or Ronaldo out and we won’t. We won 99 by the skin of our teeth Andy the differences was obvious. We’d played BM twice in the group matches and looked the better team in my opinion. Then Keane Andy scholes are suspended for the final Andy we should have lost by 4. Carrick has no influence anywhere and I think he was one of the little soft lies that complained about Roy. Roy like Sir Bobby bleeds Man Utd. Robson is what keane aspired to be and boy did he almost match him.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Reason I ask is that Darrick is the anti Keane. He is everything I dislike in a CM, he isn’t vocal, he isn’t strong at anything specially the tackle (think I saw carrick tackle a couple of times during his career and get nutmegged more. Carrick to me is the start of the demise. He had nothing that Roy did. He is still sat on our bench motionless looking like a piece of dead wood and people rate him. You take carrick out of that 2008 team we would have still won. You took Rooney or Ronaldo out and we won’t. We won 99 by the skin of our teeth Andy the differences was obvious. We’d played BM twice in the group matches and looked the better team in my opinion. Then Keane Andy scholes are suspended for the final Andy we should have lost by 4. Carrick has no influence anywhere and I think he was one of the little soft lies that complained about Roy. Roy like Sir Bobby bleeds Man Utd. Robson is what keane aspired to be and boy did he almost match him.
What on Earth!

Dearg hÉireann

'What the **** are you doing? Sort yourself out': Andy Cole reveals being pinned to the wall by Roy Keane amid tunnel row with Teddy Sheringham... before midfield hardman turned on striker in fiery response!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...nnel-row-strike-partner-Teddy-Sheringham.html
Could you imagine the uproar on social media if that happened now? Jesus the Keane stories just keep on giving.
What I wouldn't give for Keane to get a hold of Martial and Pogba right now. Not anti French just anti lazy before anyone calls me out.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Yeah I wouldn’t take anything what he says about OGS, even though deep down he knows his mate is floundering in the role.

I’m actually intrigued how Gary Neville will react to tonights result. He has conveniently decided to focus on Salford tonight going by his Twitter. I wonder if he will shame the fans and media into them thinking OGS should go a la that Newcastle game in 2018 when Jose was still manager.
From what I remember Neville was the exact opposite before that Newcastle game, regarding Jose. He said that the board should be ashamed if they sack him and that Old Trafford would really get behind Jose that day, which did indeed happen. He’s also said numerous times he’d never call for the sacking of a manager and even backed Moyes to be given more time.

TrustInOle

You may not like the player, but I would hardly call it a demise when we had our most successful period as a club with him in our team. Also made 2 CL finals without Ronaldo whilst still involving Carrick. Only loosing to the best team of their generation.

You may not like the player, but I would hardly call it a demise when we had our most successful period as a club with him in our team. Also made 2 CL finals without Ronaldo whilst still involving Carrick. Only loosing to the best team of their generation.
I was never the biggest Carrick fan. But he was a very good midfielder, just not as good (in my opinion) as those that went before him, and also a very different player - he took some getting used to. He wasn’t Roy Keane, but then no one ever will be.

when we bought him, we effectively swapped him for RVN, and that was pretty much the only business we did that summer (from memory). He helped us win, and he did very well for us. To call his signing the start of our demise is an utter joke, as you’ve pointed out he was a first team player in one of our greatest ever teams.

Marvin-ator

Ha ha ha. Are you on crack? Carrick starred in our most successful ever period as a club.

Walters_19_MuFc

Could you imagine the uproar on social media if that happened now? Jesus the Keane stories just keep on giving.
What I wouldn't give for Keane to get a hold of Martial and Pogba right now. Not anti French just anti lazy before anyone calls me out.
Thing is, how do we know that's not happening now? Fact that we're just hearing these things now suggests that these kinds of things are kept quiet and for obvious reasons.

lsd

The Oracle
'What the **** are you doing? Sort yourself out': Andy Cole reveals being pinned to the wall by Roy Keane amid tunnel row with Teddy Sheringham... before midfield hardman turned on striker in fiery response!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...nnel-row-strike-partner-Teddy-Sheringham.html

Thats an amazing story :lol: the thought of Keane stopping Cole from hitting Sheringham telling him we are a team now then suddenly thinking "teddy is a prick you are right" and going for Sheringham himself.

Keane is truly unique an immensely talented footballer with total desire to win all mixed in with a temper to rival anything. I love him if we had anyone like that now we would be champions

Dearg hÉireann

Thing is, how do we know that's not happening now? Fact that we're just hearing these things now suggests that these kinds of things are kept quiet and for obvious reasons.
I think it's near impossible to keep things quiet/in-house now, especially at United. Imagine if that happened to Pogba, his greaseball agent would be on sky sports news ASAP.

Strelok

UmbroDays

Haha brilliant response from Keane!

Micah: who would you rather play for: Pep or Juergen?

Keane: Well...neither as then I’d have to play for City or Liverpool. I’d rather you shoot me

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
What a annoyingly fake laughter.
And what it funny about people on tv aplaying make up, everybody does it, because of the lights and camera lenses. Otherwise their faces would be burning, not literary. I work on tv, so I know, standard thing to do, and he is making video of it and laughing, prob after he applied make up himself, and Jamie too. But it is tough nut Roy Keane doing it so lets have a laugh.

UmbroDays

What a annoyingly fake laughter.
And what it funny about people on tv aplaying make up, everybody does it, because of the lights and camera lenses. Otherwise their faces would be burning, not literary. I work on tv, so I know, standard thing to do, and he is making video of it and laughing, prob after he applied make up himself, and Jamie too. But it is tough nut Roy Keane doing it so lets have a laugh.
Calm down. Not that serious.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
The sheer amount of CL away wins he was apart of is amazing. He is right up there after Xavi, Iniesta and Pirlo.

And these came with Ronaldo, without Ronaldo and with Scholes and without Scholes.

Kag

There’s a fine line between being authoritative and amusing for television and being a bit predictable and dim.

Calling Kyle Walker an ‘idiot’ falls into the latter category. Maybe I’m a bit joyless but I don’t think that’s reasonable.

Irwin99

High praise. Love the tackle at the end and how much ground he makes up.

cyberman

He wasn't wrong about Kyle Walker.
Danny Murphy on Talksport saying Walker is having a great season so Roy is wrong to criticise him, goes on to say Roy is wrongfully focusing on giving away 2 pens and getting sent off.. 6 weeks into a new season!

Danny Murphy on Talksport saying Walker is having a great season so Roy is wrong to criticise him, goes on to say Roy is wrongfully focusing on giving away 2 pens and getting sent off.. 6 weeks into a new season!
two pundits disagree, doesn’t mean anything.

poleglass red

I bet he’s thinking “I told you so” after his disagreement with Cahill last week about Arsenal!
exactly, same with Klopp when he called Liverpool sloppy after the Arsenal game and Klopp got annoyed, then they go and concede 7 v Villa.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
I’m very much pro-Ole but he got it wrong yesterday. That ridiculous diamond idea is the kind of stuff kids do on Champ Manager to get all their favourite players into the team, I can’t think of one side who have had any success playing a diamond
The diamond is effectively a 532 or 352 in transition if you have the players.

The full backs need to provide the width and the defensive midfielder needs to have the nous to drop deeper when the full backs are upfield.

It’s a very flexible system. Labelling it “The Diamond” is too reductive.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I find the various comments from journos on twitter criticizing his punditry to be a bit elitist/patronising to be honest... as if the only way to breakdown football is to talk about formations/tactics etc. Like us simpleton viewers understand feck all about football and so I need a pundit to explain intricacies that I couldn't possibly glean on my own.

You know what I have less of insight into? Player mentality, how a top footballer things, what its like in a dressing room etc... so why Roy's insight into that aspect of the game is any less valid then a breakdown of formation and tactics I don't know.

Fact is Roy does it in his own way and - most importantly - is entertaining. And that's all I'm really asking for at half time in a football game - to be entertained. And really, does anyone need an explanation of why Walker fouled Mane? I know it was a foul, I can see it was a foul, and to be frank, Walker was being an idiot.

Nikelesh Reddy

At times he can be needlessly vicious and nasty,but for the most part I love watching him speak.I just love his searing honesty