Roy Keane

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

A typically calm and assured display from Keane. One of United's better players that night, along with Stam imo.

Veron was brilliant though, was MOTM and deservedly so. A real shame how it didn't work out for him as young Scholes - Veron - Keane trio should have been amazing in theory.

Included his performance in spoilers for those interested.

Hoof the ball

I'm watching The Last Dance about Michael Jordan and it's interesting the way his teammates talk about him They use the word 'fear' in relation to that fear of not doing something perfect, or having a mentality that isn't ready to fight to win. They said that they absolutely feared him and he could be an a-hole, but he forced them to get onto his level, mentality wise, or else he'd continue to berate them and make it hell for them in practice.

I can't help but think about MJ's winning mentality and how it reminds me so much of Keane's. That relationship between a demand for perfectionism, seriousness, competitiveness and the fear of criticism for not rising to that level. Mentality wise, these two figures were very similar; had comparable influences on their teams' mentality and drive.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
‘I take my hat off to all of them [Premier League managers] because I understand the pressure of how you might feel because of the media — the media cause a lot of this’ Ian Holloway told The Sun.

‘Because he’s (Klopp) lost some major, major players. And Man United haven’t really lost any of them yet.

‘I found it interesting because Roy Keane annoyed me a bit… he’s all “we’re doing well again” and he couldn’t wait to get a dig in at Liverpool.’

Hughie77

What Keane said I think was correct do these players believe they can push on to try and win the league. Until the positive play against top teams happen it wont.
I think Pogba scores at Anfield and we win, they may well have got there pecker up to believe they can. Its margins and continuity in play. Yesterday it was very good for periods, then its foot off the gas . Pass sideways backwards it's back to norm. Teams get back into games they shouldn't.

Until they realise they are good enough its more games like yesterday.

Red00012

Unfortunately I think this season Ole feels like drawing to these “top 6” is as good as a win.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I like Keane when he's talking about United now. He's not so OTT but still has questions regarding where we're going.

VivaRonaldo85

I’m warming to Keane the pundit more now. Seems less bitter and genuinely seems to show he cares about United and that sort of passive performance versus Arsenal really annoys and disappoints him. Everything him and Carragher said after the game yesterday on Sky is how I felt.

city-puma

He is definitely right about our lack of intensity against arse. However, we all know why we couldn’t match arse’s intensity in the second half due to the loss of McT to stomach cramp unless if Ole put in an extra midfielder by taking off a forward. It might or might not work. IF so, VDB or Matic or Tuanzebe or Mata?

croadyman

He is definitely right about our lack of intensity against arse. However, we all know why we couldn’t match arse’s intensity in the second half due to the loss of McT to stomach cramp unless if Ole put in an extra midfielder by taking off a forward. It might or might not work. IF so, VDB or Matic or Tuanzebe or Mata?
Should have given Donny a chance to really show what he can do in a big league game

city-puma

Should have given Donny a chance to really show what he can do in a big league game
Probably but I don’t know if VDB can make impact. I hope we give VDB a lot of games in the FA cup and the Europa Cup. But we need to find a system I think.

Foxbatt

Again I have come back to Ole. I feel that he is not ready for such a big challenge. We all talked about how Moyes found United too big to handle. Ole is now finding it too. With United in the position we were anything positive from there was good enough for him. Now when it is the squeaky bum time, I feel that he is finding it difficult to handle it. This is what Keane and Carragher are saying too. It is not down to the players if they are good enough. The manager needs to have that belief too. I do not think Ole has that belief otherwise against Arsenal and even against Sheffield United( Yes I know about the PL delegate's report) we would have thrown the kitchen sink at them.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
He is as miserable as feck and not the greatest in analysing a game but he is absolutely brilliant in calling players out like fans do in the pub. Sometimes you just need someone who says it as it is and there is no one apart from Keane who does that for me.

I do enjoy Micah Richards with him though and make a great double act.

Foxbatt

Top 5 of all time? Are you serious?
I would say so. As players and coaches I am sure that they are among the top 5. Pep was not even a close as a player to either one of them. I cannot remember anyone who has been a coach and so good as players.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
He is as miserable as feck and not the greatest in analysing a game but he is absolutely brilliant in calling players out like fans do in the pub. Sometimes you just need someone who says it as it is and there is no one apart from Keane who does that for me.

I do enjoy Micah Richards with him though and make a great double act.
I can't stand that guy. He really feels like someone who has won the raffle to be a guest fan pundit.

Keane isn't the best analyst, but we all know what a true leader he was and football is just as much about that as it is tactics.

Not sure what Richards brings to the table.

He says stupid shit and then tries to hide it by laughing as loud as he can.

I bet he's a decent dude in general, he seems nice. But no way should he be the pundit for a broadcaster that charges astronomical fees for their sports package.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Someone get the RAWK quotes, they'll be loosing their shit after that :lol::lol::lol:

Josh 76

Love the guy.
Proper winning mentality shown in that analysis. Jamie Carragher sit down your prick!