Roy Keane

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
How is McTominay a mix between Scholes and Keane though? He is very shite in passing and doesn’t have anywhere near the aggression, drive and ball winning qualities from Keane. He wasn’t even near half the player of Scholes and Keane.

Maybe you mean he could shoot like Keane and tackle like Scholes?

At best I’d say he is a mix between Fletcher and Butt. But he is clearly not as good as them too.
I think he's referring to current Scholes and Keane.

MikeeMike

Amazing the small things that can alter history, if the Blackburn rovers offices were opened that weekend he would have been a Rovers player, lucky for us things turned out differently.
On the flip side we missed out on Gazza in the same way ?

Devil81

I think his friendship with Ian Wright and his on screen chemistry with Micah Richards has really brought out the side Roy hid away from the viewing public for years.

They are so full of energy and life that it become impossible for Roy to keep up the moody man routine.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Keano is great. It's a shambles how disrespected he was for a few years here.

AndrewMac

Keane has been absolutely awesome as a pundit. Surprised he's not been thrown millions to go on some reality tv show.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

Keane's performance against the Dutch in the 02 WC qualifiers is pretty much well known, but he was immense in the 02 WC qualifier against Figo's Portugal as well. Such a shame how it all eventually turned out at the 2002 WC though...

POF

Keane's performance against the Dutch in the 02 WC qualifiers is pretty much well known, but he was immense in the 02 WC qualifier against Figo's Portugal as well. Such a shame how it all eventually turned out at the 2002 WC though...
If it wasn't for Keane, Ireland wouldn't have been anywhere near that world cup. He was incredible throughout the qualifying campaign.

It's what made the Saipan thing even more sad. Even more ironic is that Mick has had a good managerial career on the back of that. If he'd never qualified for a major finals, would he have got the chance at Sunderland?

Champagne Football

If it wasn't for Keane, Ireland wouldn't have been anywhere near that world cup. He was incredible throughout the qualifying campaign.

It's what made the Saipan thing even more sad. Even more ironic is that Mick has had a good managerial career on the back of that. If he'd never qualified for a major finals, would he have got the chance at Sunderland?
His walk-out in Saipan, in a weird twisted way, created the emergence of the imbecile that ended up ruling the FAI, unleashing a reign of pure horror on Irish football for the next 15 years.

But very happy to see Keane looking like he's enjoying life again, after a long spell of looking lost and confused in management.

POF

His walk-out in Saipan, in a weird twisted way, created the emergence of the imbecile that ended up ruling the FAI, unleashing a reign of pure horror on Irish football for the next 15 years.

But very happy to see Keane looking like he's enjoying life again, after a long spell of looking lost and confused in management.
It really did. Keane highlighted a lack of professionalism in the FAI and the answer was to give the keys to the castle to John Delaney!

What I'm most happy about is that his current media profile has corrected the post-retirement opinion of Keane. I understood it from opposition fans but I found it staggering how little respect he had from United fans.

He is in the top 3 most influential footballers in the Premier League era and there's a good argument to say he's #1.

Irwin99

Fantastic vid. Thanks. Aside from the usual composed passing and tackles/interceptions the video shows some powerful running through the midfield.

Played a big part in this famous win too

GueRed

I was gutted Paul Ince was sold but Keane was coming into his own around 1995.

1996 - 2001 Keane was a monster. World Class

Glorio

Look at Roy Keane laughing and joking here.

Roy Keane would be turning in his grave if he saw that.
:lol:
Did anyone see his Instagram (or something) sitting with Ian Wright where he captioned something like "Me and my good mate Wrighty hanging out, Micah don't be jealous" ... So weirdly refreshing seeing this side to Keano, puts a smile on my face all the time

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
He’s thin as a rake; lost a lot of his build. Can imagine those that didn’t see him play would have a hard time getting to grips with the kind of player he was.

Great to see how much anger he’s let go of; genuinely looks like he’s enjoying life and is embracing his unique status.

Spoony

The People's President
[

Did anyone see his Instagram (or something) sitting with Ian Wright where he captioned something like "Me and my good mate Wrighty hanging out, Micah don't be jealous" ... So weirdly refreshing seeing this side to Keano, puts a smile on my face all the time
I suspect he's a tad different away from the cameras. Must admit can't help but love the guy.

Green_Red

Pity to see him get abuse from Shitty/Spuds fans last weekend. I think when those tramps come to Old Trafford we should be singing

Keanos fecking magic
He wears a magic hat
And when he saw old Trafford
He said I fancy that
He didn't sign for Shitty or Tottenham cos they're shite
He signed for man utd cos we're fecking dynamite

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Most of the players he has played with are on record saying he was a genuinely nice bloke that suffered from white line fever. I think we should stop trying to push stereotypes of people who none of us know.
I don’t think you could put it all down to white line fever - he looked like a bear with a sore head and was not at peace with how his United career was ended for him and there was a time where he’d slate Fergie openly post-United.

Nothing to do with stereotypes on my side - just a few years ago, he was clearly an angrier person than he is now; he’d dig players out in commentary with no filter and he had no intention of letting his guard down for a wider audience. He’s letting us see his softer side these days and rather than ’just’ dry wit, there are open exchanges that are, I think, heartfelt. Turns out he’s a natural in front of the camera and I bet he’s won a fair few over these last couple of years who had no time for him previously.
Neville been hitting the bicep curls though :lol:
Have you seen the extended interview with Joshua? Wouldn’t surprise me if Nev’s doing bits in the gym inspired from that!

Glorio

Here it is

Oranges038

Saw this only yesterday. It's quality.

Came across another one at Wolves, where he looks fed up of waiting and walks out of the tunnel, passes the officials (who don't even bother trying to stop him) and the whole team follows him. A shirtless Paul Ince tries to do the same and is stopped in his tracks.

redrobed

Absolutely love the guy to bits but I disagree with his comment about Schmeichel being overrated. Quite possibly the best keeper ever.

Also kind of disagree with his answer to his favourite team mate being Irwin.