Roy Keane

Spoony

The People's President

0:00-11:47 Reflecting on managing Sunderland & Ipswich 11:48-22:25 Roy’s time with United & his departure, his diet & nights out 22:26-31:07 That row with Schmeichel, his parents, £11,500 for a watch & Instagram 31:08-43:56 Being late, the current state of football, and his time with Ireland 43:57-51:27 Don’t take photos with Roy, swapping shirts, and getting Cleverley to Villa 51:28-58:32 Roy’s lowest point, the management enigma and home life

I can't knock him for wanting to have another crack at management but I can't see a club giving him another gig.

I enjoyed that. He's an interesting character.

Hoof the ball

Did you watch Vieira?
He was exceptionally snide and dirty, and Wenger often had to play the "i didn't see it" routine, to cover for his latest routine.

Spitting at Ruddock, countless red cards, got away with a head butt due to Keane taking it well etc.

Having said this, I think even Keane himself said Vieira would have him in a fight.

Keane is slight and 5ft 10 at tallest (have always wondered about that one as he looks shorter), whereas Vieira was about 6ft 5 and a brute.
Vieira was scrawny as hell for his height. Long limbed but not particularly broad-framed for someone so tall. Narrow shoulders, small chest, very small arms. Relative to other 6'5 individuals or athletes, his "size" is overstated. If someone 5'8 had this physique you'd tell him to bulk up. :lol:

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Keane is brilliant :lol: I loved the bit where Roy was trying to figure out what “playing the game” means, because it was blatant Neville didn’t know either. :lol:

MattofManchester

Could learn a bit from him. His approach to social media, etc. Current society is far too obsessed with it.

youngrell

Fantastic interview, didn’t want it to end.

I have to say, I think Neville does a great job interviewing former colleagues. The dynamic he has with Roy was the same when he interviewed Sir Alex a couple of months back too. They are comfortable in his presence and he encourages good stories from them because he was there and understands the fans will enjoy them too. Hopefully he can do a few more.

Will Singh

When your watching a interview and you don’t want it to end that’s when you know it’s gold. To be fair I absolutely love Keano and could watch he’s interviews all day everyday!

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
After 30 years supporting Utd, if I could have one former player on the pitch, itd be Keane without question.

)_(

definitely worth a watch, could've easily watched another hour of that.

GueRed

Straight-talking, no-nonsense lad.

Look at his interviews from back when he was a player. Consistent af to this day

the Schmeichel Keane fight story he told Neville made me smile. the image of them having it out makes me laugh actually

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

0:00-11:47 Reflecting on managing Sunderland & Ipswich 11:48-22:25 Roy’s time with United & his departure, his diet & nights out 22:26-31:07 That row with Schmeichel, his parents, £11,500 for a watch & Instagram 31:08-43:56 Being late, the current state of football, and his time with Ireland 43:57-51:27 Don’t take photos with Roy, swapping shirts, and getting Cleverley to Villa 51:28-58:32 Roy’s lowest point, the management enigma and home life

I can't knock him for wanting to have another crack at management but I can't see a club giving him another gig.
Brilliant.

croadyman

Fair play to him he did just mention again about the need for a midfielder on Super Sunday

Walters_19_MuFc

Fair play to him he did just mention again about the need for a midfielder on Super Sunday
Yeah. We've signed three fantastic players but I think the general consensus on here was wanting us to sign a midfielder after we signed a centre back.

Still time yet but I think Ole will give VdB a lot minutes in the pivot this season. Think we will see him today with Fred.

croadyman

Yeah. We've signed three fantastic players but I think the general consensus on here was wanting us to sign a midfielder after we signed a centre back.

Still time yet but I think Ole will give VdB a lot minutes in the pivot this season. Think we will see him today with Fred.
After the madness of the last 48 hours I have started to believe it might still be possible to get one

RetroStu

Always been a fan, but always felt he was a bit of a grumpy twat. Watched a few interviews lately, including that one above, and he comes accross really good, and quite funny.
Judged him wrong really.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He’s top quality. Would have been an amazing captain to follow.

Hopefully he has another crack at management.

El Zoido

Of course he loves Ronaldo. As Roy said in his interview with Neville, it’s not about the quality of player, it’s their application. Ronaldo is the ultimate professional, he’s exceptionally talented and is one of the hardest working players to have ever played the game.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
There was an interview from eons ago when we were going through a bad patch and he said he’d only pay to watch Rooney, Ronaldo and Ruud. Something along those lines.

Must’ve been shortly before/after he left.

Steve 007

Apparently he’s just said on sky he’s happy we have Ronaldo but believes we can’t win as we don’t have a decent keeper and DM.

Though I can’t disagree that a DM would be the icing on the cake and that De Gea is no longer in the top 5 keepers in the world. In fact probably a shadow of his former self. He’s not looking at the others in the top 4. Man City’s keeper nearly cost a goal yesterday against a terrible Arsenal and no matter what anyone thinks, they lack a striker.
Liverpool’s keeper has made a few absolute howlers and they have quite a few holes and zero depth in their squad. Chelsea struggled to finish 4th last season and have added Lukaku only so far.
We are in the mix if we believe we are. Let’s see how we look today.

Guapa

Not being able to fill the gap left after this giant of a player/captain was unceremoniously drummed out of our club has been the root of our problems ever since.Imo.Not dissing SAF just stating the obvious.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Not being able to fill the gap left after this giant of a player/captain was unceremoniously drummed out of our club has been the root of our problems ever since.Imo.Not dissing SAF just stating the obvious.
We had our most consistent era of success under SAF after he was "drummed out" of the club. Take your head for a dump.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Get him a fecking job. Such a shame he didn't get the Celtic one.