Roy Keane's visit to Carrington

gica_7

It baffles me that everytime I watch a former player talking about United's problems, none absolutely none of them mentioned either Woodward or Glazers. Today Carragher and Souness offered Roy and Pat the chance to speak out but they didn't. Does Roy really want us to believe he does not know who took the recruitment decisions at this club since SAF retired?

LJJT

I’m absolutely baffled to read in here all the anti Keane comments and slagging him off and disagreeing. I just wish the team showed the same sort of fight on the pitch that Roy does in the studio. Keane is bang on, Oles the man for the job and needs time. Lampards honeymoon is over and they are in a terrible state now and after this weekend we just need to put it past us and press on for 4th which is doable

UnitedFan93

It baffles me that everytime I watch a former player talking about United's problems, none absolutely none of them mentioned either Woodward or Glazers. Today Carragher and Souness offered Roy and Pat the chance to speak out but they didn't. Does Roy really want us to believe he does not know who took the recruitment decisions at this club since SAF retired?
All the ex players are a bunch of bottlers when it comes to criticising the Glazers.

If the Glazers are going to be put under the spotlight it will have to come through fan protests. Expect no favours from past players.

MUST are absolutely useless also.

Member 90887

Did he have anything to say about media darling Salah? Missing an infinitely easier chance centre of goal, 5 yards out?

Martial at least had the skills to get through to even have the shot, which a lot wouldn't have done.
Well, it would have been weird to talk about Salah considering the fact that the topic was united.

And better strikers would have buried that chance. Do not agree with the 'not good enough for united comment' though.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Did he have anything to say about media darling Salah? Missing an infinitely easier chance centre of goal, 5 yards out?

Martial at least had the skills to get through to even have the shot, which a lot wouldn't have done.
Back to back golden boot winner Salah? :lol: I'm not sure if you're serious. Martial isn't even close to him. Which is exactly Keane's point, Martial has talent but hasn't progressed after 4-5 years here and isn't even in the same discussion as the top strikers in the league.

limerickcitykid

He was kicked out of the club and has had a massive feud with SAF who is still involved with the club. Keane hasn't been involved with the club in any capacity for 15 years. How would he know who makes certain specific decisions at the board level?

Member 90887

I’m absolutely baffled to read in here all the anti Keane comments and slagging him off and disagreeing. I just wish the team showed the same sort of fight on the pitch that Roy does in the studio. Keane is bang on, Oles the man for the job and needs time. Lampards honeymoon is over and they are in a terrible state now and after this weekend we just need to put it past us and press on for 4th which is doable
Agendas. Do not look further than this.

Completely agree with your comment. It was weird listening to cara and Keane's debate and reading on here that cara is schooling him.

Top 4 definitely doable. Chelsea play Arsenal next, and Spurs after that while we have burnley and Wolves at home.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He's bang on with a lot of what he said
No he's not. He said he'd give Ole 1 more year, for what? He didn't even know how long he's been in the job for, and had to be reminded it was 16 months. He called Dortmund a huge club and undermined Klopp's acheivements there when they had to dislodge Bayern Munich FFS. He showed tremendous ignorance and didn't give a single case for giving Ole time outside of "let's just give him a chance and see". That was literally the root of his argument.

Moreover when he was probed with who made certain decisions (like not replacing talent), he kept saying "I don't know" when it's rhetorical really - Ole is a big part of that decision process.

90 + 5min

I agree with Keane, as I have said long ago. Give managers time.

Although I thought that Mourinho was rightly sacked. Not for coaching but for his outbursts all the time.

I find it funny that Solskjaer has been in job for 13 months and they are saying 16. Math is not the best friend.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

Although I thought that Mourinho was rightly sacked. Not for coaching but for his outbursts all the time.

I find it funny that Solskjaer has been in job for 13 months and they are saying 16. Math is not the best friend.
You're right 98min

crossy1686

career ending
No he's not. He said he'd give Ole 1 more year, for what? He didn't even know how long he's been in the job for, and had to be reminded it was 16 months. He called Dortmund a huge club and undermined Klopp's acheivements there when they had to dislodge Bayern Munich FFS. He showed tremendous ignorance and didn't give a single case for giving Ole time outside of "let's just give him a chance and see". That was literally the root of his argument.

Moreover when he was probed with who made certain decisions (like not replacing talent), he kept saying "I don't know" when it's rhetorical really - Ole is a big part of that decision process.
Well he also said lets not pretend Liverpool have all the answers, because they don't. They've spent 30 years in the wilderness and the first manager they've actually given any time to has won them the league, despite his first two or three seasons being fairly shit. So should they have sacked him under the same logic?

All ex United players have consistently said "Give the manager time" for every manager we've had, all the ex Liverpool players have insisted the coaches haven't been good enough to manage United. Let me just remind you that Liverpool have gone 30 years before they were in this position they are today, our lot won leagues only a few years ago.

Withnail

They made Kovacic's loan permanent, brought in Pulisic and had Reece James, Tammy Abraham, Mason Mount return from loan

They're all played 10+ games this season and I think all those loan returnees played yesterday?

This "transfer ban" gets used a lot and as has been said in other threads, it's not as clear as some make out.

(fyi. Not saying he's doing a good or bad job ... just that it often gets interpreted as black and white .... "He's lost his best player, brought no one in". Shades of grey).
Chelsea were also PL champions not so long ago.

Lampard inherited a better squad than Ole did if we're making comparisons.

fezzerUTD

Jose was rightly sacked for his outbursts? You mean he wasn't getting the players to kick on from the 2nd place finish and stood still buying crap like Fred and you think Jose was rightly sacked? Give me a break, Jose was the best manager since SAF retired and he wasn't supported in the transfer market because the club buys the players and the manager doesn't so he was getting fed up with it.
The money is the talker at Utd now and not the football get used to it, it's never going to change whilst Glazers own the club.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Well he also said lets not pretend Liverpool have all the answers, because they don't. They've spent 30 years in the wilderness and the first manager they've actually given any time to has won them the league, despite his first two or three seasons being fairly shit. So should they have sacked him under the same logic?

All ex United players have consistently said "Give the manager time" for every manager we've had, all the ex Liverpool players have insisted the coaches haven't been good enough to manage United. Let me just remind you that Liverpool have gone 30 years before they were in this position they are today, our lot won leagues only a few years ago.
Liverpool brought an actual DoF by promoting in Micheal Edwards in 2016, which was equally vital in identifying top talent and getting the recruitment right. And yeah, Klopp was a big factor, one that would have only joined if the structure was right (which it was).

Liverpool modernized and adapted. Since their change you can see the sudden 180 turnaround. We have done feck all in comparison, so yeah Keane is clueless as feck, he literally said "I dont know" for most of the criticisms he was asked about the club, just because he didn't want to blame Ole.

90 + 5min

Jose was rightly sacked for his outbursts? You mean he wasn't getting the players to kick on from the 2nd place finish and stood still buying crap like Fred and you think Jose was rightly sacked? Give me a break, Jose was the best manager since SAF retired and he wasn't supported in the transfer market because the club buys the players and the manager doesn't so he was getting fed up with it.
The money is the talker at Utd now and not the football get used to it, it's never going to change whilst Glazers own the club.
Listen, I like the man and still thinks he is great manager. I would have liked if he was still here. But when he didn't get what he wanted, he did some things that is nowhere ok. It was like he wanted to get sacked.

crossy1686

career ending
Liverpool brought an actual DoF by promoting in Micheal Edwards in 2016, which was equally vital in identifying top talent and getting the recruitment right. And yeah, Klopp was a big factor, one that would have only joined if the structure was right (which it was).

Liverpool modernized and adapted. Since their change you can see the sudden 180 turnaround. We have done feck all in comparison, so yeah Keane is clueless as feck, he literally said "I dont know" for most of the criticisms he was asked about the club, just because he didn't want to blame Ole.
And United have backed the manager 100% and changed too often which results in a disjointed squad. If we had a DOF or a competent board we would have a direction or vision. Liverpool got that with a DOF and Klopp, and when Klopp leaves they will look to continue to build on what they have by signing players the DOF agrees on with the new manager, the new manager will also be Klopp-esque, not Diego Simeone.

There is no 180 turn around all of a sudden, this is 5 years in the making, thats 10 transfer windows to get to where they are.

Keane was spot on with everything he said, he even said that if he had a private chat with Ole he'd tell him he should probably be doing better in terms of consistency.

fezzerUTD

Listen, I like the man and still thinks he is great manager. I would have liked if he was still here. But when he didn't get what he wanted, he did some things that is nowhere ok. It was like he wanted to get sacked.
I agree maybe he did. But why would you want to stay when you have to put up with a club being run by amateurs when you are wanting to kick on.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
And United have backed the manager 100% and changed too often which results in a disjointed squad. If we had a DOF or a competent board we would have a direction or vision. Liverpool got that with a DOF and Klopp, and when Klopp leaves they will look to continue to build on what they have by signing players the DOF agrees on with the new manager, the new manager will also be Klopp-esque, not Diego Simeone.

There is no 180 turn around all of a sudden, this is 5 years in the making, thats 10 transfer windows to get to where they are.

Keane was spot on with everything he said, he even said that if he had a private chat with Ole he'd tell him he should probably be doing better in terms of consistency.
He wasn't spot on - he was asked why Ole should have time, and he literally said something along the lines of "he just should". Do you remember what he said, and why he was spot on? Was he spot on about Dortmund being a huge club and undermining Klopp's acheivements there? He was broadly wrong on everything he said.

HJ12

Right or wrong,I loved Roy calling them out on giving the English managers an easier ride :lol:.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Back to back golden boot winner Salah? :lol: I'm not sure if you're serious. Martial isn't even close to him. Which is exactly Keane's point, Martial has talent but hasn't progressed after 4-5 years here and isn't even in the same discussion as the top strikers in the league.
The point is, if Salah can miss a near open goal, then Martial should certainly be allowed to miss a tougher chance.

90 + 5min

I agree maybe he did. But why would you want to stay when you have to put up with a club being run by amateurs when you are wanting to kick on.
That is another discussion. All of us know that we should be run better than we are.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Another ex-player gets hate because they don't 100% share one's opinion?

bucky

I mean they are both kinda right, but saying that Keane got destroyed by Carragher is childish. Carragher is right in saying that none of the managers have been up to the required standard, that includes Ole. Keane is also right in saying that our recruitment has been shite though.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?

Interesting to listen to what was actually said, and then come on here and read stuff like this. Just shows the filter some people have to hear the part they agree with and blank out the rest.

His argument was being critical of the recruitment process. You didn't mention that once. Not a Keane fan I take it? Or is it that you're not an Ole fan?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Interesting to listen to what was actually said, and then come on here and read stuff like this. Just shows the filter some people have to hear the part they agree with and blank out the rest.

His argument was being critical of the recruitment process. You didn't mention that once. Not a Keane fan I take it? Or is it that you're not an Ole fan?
I'm a big Roy Keane fan. You talk of filters and yourself lool to have ignored 80% of what he said. He wants to give Ole a further year based on literally nothing. Whilst I'm more a fan of his general punditry, this was utterly clueless. And his ignorance about Klopp's achievements in Germany was cringeworthy on top.

What's worse is he accused others of having an agenda against Ole because he isn't British.

arthurka

Keane is right, you can't even blame half of it on Ole. This club is being run by morons.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Here it is

Can't be arsed listening to all of it, but the first two mins they're both right. Carragher is right that we should be going for best in class and Ole isn't that, and I presume the rest is Keane saying Ole should be backed, which is true - if he's to be our manager he needs to be backed. If nothing else, the team will be in better shape when the next manager comes and might not need 5 years to get a side together.

galwayfa

When you look at the sub bench, and the players in tracksuits that are down to manage/coach are better than what's starting, you know you are in trouble

limerickcitykid

The point is, if Salah can miss a near open goal, then Martial should certainly be allowed to miss a tougher chance.
And Keane didn’t say he wasn’t good enough because of one miss did he?

Salah can miss as much as he wants because he consistently produces the goods. Something which Martial has never done.

Owngoalscorer

Keane was certainly invited as a pundit today with the idea that he would lose it and slag off ole & the team - i am so fecking pleased that he had the guts to resist the troll level of journalism of this after match "discussion"

Withnail

Can't be arsed listening to all of it, but the first two mins they're both right. Carragher is right that we should be going for best in class and Ole isn't that, and I presume the rest is Keane saying Ole should be backed, which is true - if he's to be our manager he needs to be backed. If nothing else, the team will be in better shape when the next manager comes and might not need 5 years to get a side together.
I watched the whole thing and would agree.

I thought it was a good discussion and they both made good points. I don't see how anyone was schooled.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
I also saw that he tried to blame Pogba partially. Thats ridiculous and it was good to see Evra defend him.

gica_7

He was kicked out of the club and has had a massive feud with SAF who is still involved with the club. Keane hasn't been involved with the club in any capacity for 15 years. How would he know who makes certain specific decisions at the board level?
What? So you think he doesn't how the club operates just because he was kicked out 15 years ago? Was he sent to North Korea or something? Ole said Roy visited training ground just a month ago. You can't possibly be suggesting that he has NO contacts on club.

Hellboy

Carragher got in bang on. Roy is standing up for his mate which I think is normal. Obviously 0 on Woodward and the ownership.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Keane is right, you can't even blame half of it on Ole. This club is being run by morons.
Ole was happy to let a lot of players go without replacements. He takes half responsibility for that as a minimum.