Rubbish goals that won trophies

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Does going from 2-1 to 3-1 in a final, and essentially sealing the deal counts as a winning goal?

Because if it does, Bale`s last goal against Liverpool(not the wonder goal) was embarassing goalkeeping by Karius.
Benzema's was the most rubbish but that was also due to Karius.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Benzema's was the most rubbish but that was also due to Karius.
Yeah, but it was the first goal, clearly cant count, so i was wondering if putting the game beyond reach counts.

led_scholes

Not the most rubbish goal, but Mijatovic's vs Juve in the 98 final. He received the ball after a double reflections from a Juve player.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Inzaghi's opener in Milan 2-1 win against Liverpool for the CL 2007 final, that cheek deflection on a Pirlo direct free kick - that he obviously celebrated like he'd hit a bicycle kick from thirdy yards...

The funny thing is, that seemingly random stroke of luck was actually a reharsed play.
Inzaghi used to move that way towards the goal on the side of the barrier on every short range free kick by Pirlo, and he actually already scored like that in a Inter derby in 2003 and against Empoli in 2006.

So maybe that elevates it form rubbish to somehow cunning, I dunno.
If I score a goal that comes off my backside and trickles into the net I'm doing a Giggsy 99 celebration IDC

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
We won the UEFA Cup in 2001 with a golden goal, own goal after a free kick was sent into the box by Gary McCallister.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
That's honestly pretty awesome.

To be fair to Inzaghi, he'd run off screaming like he'd won the World Cup even if he'd just scored a scuffed tap-in for the last goal in a 13-0 win against the Dog and Duck. Probably part of why he's one of my favourite non-United players ever. :lol:
As the great José Altafini commented during a game after Inzaghi "stole" a goal from a struggling post-injury Del Piero "Inzaghi wouldn't leave a goal to his grandma"

Gazza

77 cup final winner to stop Liverpool winning the treble
Was that Jimmy Greenhoff with the shot that dribbled in under Clemence?

We won the UEFA Cup in 2001 with a golden goal, own goal after a free kick was sent into the box by Gary McCallister.
great shout. Jordi Cruyff scored for Alaves (in the right goal) that day I think. Shit way for such a great game to end and especially for poor Alaves.

Gazza

This one has to take the prize, it was so hilarious and utterly emblematic of Arsenal under Wenger by this point. I remember genuinely cracking up with laughter at this one! Arsenal fans look away

TRossManUtd8

This does not quite qualify but it is the most rubbish goal that always comes to my mind. 2008 CL final, United score a great goal with Wes Brown's cross into Ronaldo for an amazing leap and header to beat Cech. Then Frank Lampard scores the most garbage goal ever as the ball falls into his path and VDS slips to allow him a tap in. Now, all will remember PKs and Terry slipping for United to win but that goal by Frank is what comes to my mind. I know it does not quite fit because Chelsea were not champions... Thank the Lord above

ReddBalls

Not a trophy winning goal, but still "important". Claus Lundekvam scored Norways 1000th goal with his pecker.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Was that Jimmy Greenhoff with the shot that dribbled in under Clemence?

great shout. Jordi Cruyff scored for Alaves (in the right goal) that day I think. Shit way for such a great game to end and especially for poor Alaves.
Yeah it was a bizarre way for a game to finish and it was a brilliant match to watch as well. Would have probably enjoyed it more as a neutral but after winning the FA Cup against Arsenal 4 days earlier, it was a great night in the end.

Gazza

With our Nou Camp 99 goals, I can fully understand the Sheringham shout: you aill struggle to see two less cleanly struck shots in a single game that end up in a goal. Ole’s goal, I can’t fathom. It was like art. A Beckham-Sheringham-Solskjaer trident that efficiently stabbed Bayern in the heart. Or like the quick fire snap of a king cobra. Brilliant.

thinking of our European campaign that season, it is actually tricky to think of any really scrappy goals! However I would suggest an important one that was the epitome of a scrappy goal was the last minute equalizer by Giggsy against Juventus at OT. :drool:

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
This one has to take the prize, it was so hilarious and utterly emblematic of Arsenal under Wenger by this point. I remember genuinely cracking up with laughter at this one! Arsenal fans look away

This one I always remember for when the Birmingham players run last Koscielny and pushed him on the head after they scored it's in the video somewhere, smug pricks.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Andreas Brehme 1-0 penalty goal win in the 1990 final. Bad tournament, bad match, bad ending.

Needham

Doesn't strictly meet the criteria, but surely every Lampard goal that was deflected and contributed in Chelsea winning the league.

Did he ever score a non-deflected goal?

heehee
Couple of hundred.

Des Walker own goal 91 FA cup final.

fps

Might be controversial, as it was a difficult chance. But I’ve always thought Cantona’s goal against Liverpool in the FA Cup was a crap goal.
Agree, and certainly not good enough to elevate what really was the most boring match I’ve ever watched. Commentators suggest he threaded the eye of the needle deliberately, I don’t buy it.

Agree, and certainly not good enough to elevate what really was the most boring match I’ve ever watched. Commentators suggest he threaded the eye of the needle deliberately, I don’t buy it.
glad I’m not the only one! We all agree it was such a boring game.

Needham

Technically difficult to execute, ball bouncing waist height, outside the box, kept it level, hit it hard. Rubbish match and suits but not goal.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

This is the clear winner. Two or three in here that could've won it.
What you talking about!? A lobbed scissor kick! She's basically invented a new technique!

In all seriousness though, while the women's game is still not a patch on the men's, it's improved leaps and bounds since this. I've seen better technique in the park with my mates and I'm being 100% serious. Unbelievable to imagine this was a cup final and these were professionals.

432JuanMata

Eder, scorer of goal and loathed by the Messi brigade ever since.
Little fact he only scored two goals in a season for Moscow but scored the goal that won them the league. He is a scorer of important goals

Gazza

Eder, scorer of goal and loathed by the Messi brigade ever since.
Impressive. It must be fascinating to see what goes on in your head. How much of it is occupied by Ronaldo and how much of it by Messi? Surprised there is room for much else, mate :)

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Impressive. It must be fascinating to see what goes on in your head. How much of it is occupied by Ronaldo and how much of it by Messi? Surprised there is room for much else, mate :)
Inserting Messi vs Ronaldo bollocks into a thread where nobody mentioned a single word about either of them is pretty next level stuff. Must be making a late run for this year's agenda/fanboy poster award to break the @Amadaeus monopoly.