Ruben Dias

Status
Not open for further replies.

passing-wind

Don't want, we need a signing to walk into the defence and take command. Not someone who's going to need a season or two to transition to the league and develop.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Not good enough for this step, maybe um a year ir two.
I don't think he'll ever be, tbh. We used to have a big tradition in creating amazing CB's, but nowadays can't see no one wit potential to become as good as peak Pepe or peak Carvalho.

Giggsyking

Have United been linked to him?
Not now, but in may united were told they should pay his release close to get him (52m). Yesterday came out news from Purtugal that Benfica wants to renew his contract to increase his release close to 110m.

Joseunited

Have United been linked to him?
Where've you been hiding?course we have.We're just waiting for him to accept Benfica's proposal to up his release clause by 40 odd million before we make our move.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Where've you been hiding?course we have.We're just waiting for him to accept Benfica's proposal to up his release clause by 40 odd million before we make our move.
Haven't seen that.

BlahRules

How good is playing out from the defence? I have watched him once and wasn’t that impressed.

I hope he is cheaper than Militão otherwise I don’t know why we didn’t tried to get Militão.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s looked good so far tonight. Very front-footed defender.

red thru&thru

As a defender he's really good. I've not seen how good he is with bringing the ball out of defence

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Did he and Lindelof ever play together at Benfica?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I didn’t pay attention on him when I watched two Benfica matches against Frankfurt (was focusing on Jovic & Felix). From YouTube video, this guy looks nothing special, doesn’t seem to be a centre who can play from the back and no intelligent. Better avoid the transfer, and fact that our Portuguese league fans also have similar opinion I would say avoid the bullet. I would rather not sign CB & use Tuanzebe as regular than land this guy. Shocking fee as well.

jeffon

What is his release clause.

He's looked good today and when I've watch Benfica last season.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Honestly, seen smalling have similarly good games. Thought he was a tad rash at points as well and could have easily given away a pen - a la smalling.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Whether it's this guy or not, there must be alternatives to MDL and Koulibaly. Saliba, Milenkovic...there's been many talked about as having high potential. Unless we want somebody with experience that's more or less the finished article at CB.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Played well today in fairness but not a fan of his. Has a lot of mistakes in him. Would get exposed in England.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Man of the match by a mile.

This is a team game and we played to protect our defenders and make their life easier. We can lose Pepe and play 36 year old Bruno Alves or 36 year old Fonte and they do the job. In a different setup things would look different.

Lots of credit to him though, he showed a lot of character tonight.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Remember when you had to post links before bumping transfer threads... :(

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
De Ligt is the dream but we know it's highly unlikely. Koulibally for me is just too expensive given his age. I don't see that deal happening at all. We aren't going to pay £90m for a defender of his age. No chance.

This guy might be the punt we end up taking. Can't say I have seen much of him but he looked good tonight and has a bit of hype around him.

James
Wan Bissaka
Dias
Fernandes (although I'd prefer Maddison)

Would be a pretty good window and a realistic one too compared to what we are seeing on here constantly.

jesperjaap

Whether it's this guy or not, there must be alternatives to MDL and Koulibaly. Saliba, Milenkovic...there's been many talked about as having high potential. Unless we want somebody with experience that's more or less the finished article at CB.
Upamecano and Romagnoli are pretty obvious ones that stand out as top top centre backs, then there is the likes of Kabak as other young options. Personally not sold on Dias much at all, but I do think there are literally loads of centre backs we could sign that would improve us

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Honestly, seen smalling have similarly good games. Thought he was a tad rash at points as well and could have easily given away a pen - a la smalling.
He deserves praise for that too.

Jibbs

I have been saying we will be better off signing Dias instead of Koulibaly and Maguire. He is young, energetic and has a huge future ahead. Would form a perfect partnership with Lindelof and ideally De Ligt.

Status
Not open for further replies.