Ruben Dias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fer

De Ligt is the dream but we know it's highly unlikely. Koulibally for me is just too expensive given his age. I don't see that deal happening at all. We aren't going to pay £90m for a defender of his age. No chance.

This guy might be the punt we end up taking. Can't say I have seen much of him but he looked good tonight and has a bit of hype around him.

James
Wan Bissaka
Dias
Fernandes (although I'd prefer Maddison)

Would be a pretty good window and a realistic one too compared to what we are seeing on here constantly.
We still need a CDM and RW. I hope we don't play next season with Matic and Lingard as starters.

Axkiko

Take him. We have no chance to sign De Ligt or Koulibaly.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He was good but against Memphis/Babel or average Netherland attackers I won’t buy it yet. Maguire is a safer option with same price both players being priced tag on.

Axkiko

He was good but against Memphis/Babel or average Netherland attackers I won’t buy it yet. Maguire is a safer option with same price both players being priced tag on.
Leicester asking £90m for Maguire. Ruben Dias has €60m release clause. How is it with same price?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Leicester asking £90m for Maguire. Ruben Dias has €60m release clause. How is it with same price?
Really? I missed the news then. I thought Leicester was asking around 60m-65m. Not even City willing to buy with that price, no one will take a risk & buy with that price.

MattyB1986

£90 mil for Maquire?!? Jesus!! Great consistent CB but no way near worth that. Might as well pay Koulibaly's release clause for that. Or cheaper option would be Dias And Alderweireld on a free.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He deserves praise for that too.
I agree, I just thought should we be getting that type of player for all that money, only to end up like what we have. Smalling would never be a CB I get rid of.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
We still need a CDM and RW. I hope we don't play next season with Matic and Lingard as starters.
We aren't going to fix every single problematic area in one summer. It's just not going to happen. Our fans on here are setting themselves up for more disappointment if they think we will.

Hamadovich86

From what I saw yesterday hes a really solid defender and could be a good option for us.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
No point of signing this guy when we have Tuanzebe really.
Think he might be better having another loan at Villa, being coached by John Terry who was a great defender, than being chucked in at the deep end here and being coached by people who obviously cannot coach defending.

Devil may care

Think he might be better having another loan at Villa, being coached by John Terry who was a great defender, than being chucked in at the deep end here and being coached by people who obviously cannot coach defending.
Agreed, a full season starting every week in the PL would do him good.

Kostov

Yeah I can see your point, but I feel next season could turn out too late if we are to buy someone like Dias. If we are serious in bringing him through we better give him that game time instead of Dias, who at best I think will be another Lindelof.

Tony247

This guy is talented and relatively cheaper. Should seriously consider him.

beingshe7don

I wonder if Bailly will really kick on this season. How does Ruben Dias stack up to the likes of Upamecano and Konate?

Fer

I wonder if Bailly will really kick on this season. How does Ruben Dias stack up to the likes of Upamecano and Konate?
I have been more impressed with Konate. Even though Upamecano has looked more mature.

I started to watch Benfica because of Felix. IMO Dias is a solid defender but not outstanding, but I have to admit that he was pretty good in the nations tournament.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
City apparently after him.

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/man-city-closing-in-on-59m-move-for-man-utd-centre-back-target

I see they are quoting a release clause of £59M, I read something yesterday in relation to United's interest in him and they were saying that the release clause might be increasing to £80M.

For the City interest, the release clause is £59M, but for United it was quoted as £80M. :houllier:

City only want him for few months whilst whatshisname is out injured, anyway.

Champagne Football

City apparently after him.

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/man-city-closing-in-on-59m-move-for-man-utd-centre-back-target

I see they are quoting a release clause of £59M, I read something yesterday in relation to United's interest in him and they were saying that the release clause might be increasing to £80M.

For the City interest, the release clause is £59M, but for United it was quoted as £80M. :houllier:

City only want him for few months whilst whatshisname is out injured, anyway.
They can have him as we most certainly have no interest in him, and never will have interest in him, regardless of what stories Jorge Mendes puts in the unreliable Portuguese papers to drum up interest in his client - O Jogo, Record, A Bola

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
It’s safe to say we are done hunting a centre back, Maguire & Tuanzebe are looking good for future with Lindelof to back them up. Don’t need him & city can get him hopefully for 80m.

jackal&hyde

It’s safe to say we are done hunting a centre back, Maguire & Tuanzebe are looking good for future with Lindelof to back them up. Don’t need him & city can get him hopefully for 80m.
I don't know about that. Smalling will not come back to be 3ed 4th choice when he can play for a decent club week in week out and Jones looks done. It's Rojo that takes up the 4th choice spot and if he want's to go, then we'll actually have to look for another CD.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I don't know about that. Smalling will not come back to be 3ed 4th choice when he can play for a decent club week in week out and Jones looks done. It's Rojo that takes up the 4th choice spot and if he want's to go, then we'll actually have to look for another CD.
We will be foolish to even think about wasting our time trying to sign a centre back with so many other areas need to be fixed. And the reason is that just because we want to have better 4th choice centre back :rolleyes:

Rojo or Bailly is more than enough to be 4th choice imo.

jackal&hyde

We will be foolish to even think about wasting our time trying to sign a centre back with so many other areas need to be fixed. And the reason is that just because we want to have better 4th choice centre back :rolleyes:

Rojo or Bailly is more than enough to be 4th choice imo.
I agree actually. And even if we are looking at it, it's an area where we can gamble with a young player in the 10-15 mil range.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I agree actually. And even if we are looking at it, it's an area where we can gamble with a young player in the 10-15 mil range.
No point having a young centre back as 4th choice if they aren’t going to play enough game. I think the ageing player like Rojo is reasonable for 4th choice centre back. We still got Bailly & Fosu Mensah. It’s not like we will get rid 3 or 4 centre back in one window.

SamoyedSam

Supports
Notts County
United would be crazy to sign another central defender. Tuanzebe has done more than enough to suggest he deserves a proper chance to establish himself in the team.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
€71m according to Hirst :houllier: bloody hell.
Guardiola really is in a league of his own when it comes to spending on defence, and that's coming from a club who spent £80m on Maguire.

Status
Not open for further replies.