Ruben Neves - Player watch

DannyDee

What? I thought this kid was a potential star. Why the hell is he going to Wolverhampton. One of the strangest transfers in recent memory.

Ekeke

Looks like he barely played last season. Anyone know what happened? Before last season he was considered the next big thing at Porto wasnt he?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Wolves are owned by Fosun Group whose chairperson has a networth of 7.5bn dollars.

This takeover was facilitated by Jorge Mendes who currently is an "advisory" to Wolves and also suggested Fosun Group to buy the club. Their manager is a Mendes agent and so is Ruben Neves. It'd be interesting to follow them next season, as they've a lot of money.

Kostur

海尔的老板
We've had this discussion in the transfer thread already so yeah. Mendes is his agent, Mendes is friends with the new owner of Wolves, Nuno is the coach now working at Wolves who also was the Porto coach when Neves was still there.

It's a pretty good move for me. He'll get plenty of playing time, he can get promoted to the EPL with them, he'll get to know English football (like it differs much from anywhere else), then he can maybe get sold to some bigger club instead of now wasting his time on one of their benches.

Varun

Staff
Has been coming for a while but it's incredible nonetheless. Porto captain aged 18 odd, heralded as the next big thing in Portuguese football, linked to a number top clubs for over a year and BOOM, signs for Wolverfeckinghampton.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Should have
Should have known it!
History is simple mate, Mendes, Fosun and NES the new coach, add to that Porto is under FFP intervention they need to sell, and he needs to play more games, in Porto he had Danilo in the same position, maybe not so bad for him, at this age he needs to play every match, not 1 match per month, actually always liked more this kid in Portugal under 17's teams than Renato Sanches, better decision making, lets see how he adapts to a more physical type of game.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Looks like he barely played last season. Anyone know what happened? Before last season he was considered the next big thing at Porto wasnt he?
Danilo Pereira was the reason, 2 players for the same position, 1 more experienced than the other, so Danilo played more, but Neves played well at the last under 21 Euros for Portugal imo.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
History is simple mate, Mendes, Fosun and NES the new coach, add to that Porto is under FFP intervention they need to sell, and he needs to play more games, in Porto he had Danilo in the same position, maybe not so bad for him, at this age he needs to play every match, not 1 match per month, actually always liked more this kid in Portugal under 17's teams than Renato Sanches, better decision making, lets see how he adapts to a more physical type of game.
This Jorge Mendes is a bit like Raiola, isn't it?

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
This Jorge Mendes is a bit like Raiola, isn't it?
No, Raiola is a bit like Mendes, main difference is Raiola likes more pizza, and Mendes likes more this.

Sorry about the image, made a mistake inserting, I guess you can see it.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
It's like the Notts County stuff (at a higher level) all over again.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
He's an idiot. Terrible place for him to go, the Championship won't suit his style of play at all and he could have been playing in La Liga or Serie A at good clubs learning from actual great managers instead of being coached by Jorge Mendes' blow up doll. Porto would have probably sold Danilo next season and he'd get the starting spot. As a Sporting fan it's good to see signs of weakness from Porto but I hate seeing young portuguese players making these stupid moves.
Better for him to get more minutes instead watching Danilo from the bench tbh.

izec

Championship is the wrong league for him. This could backfire, but if he is that promising, he should boss it

dichinero

He's an idiot. Terrible place for him to go, the Championship won't suit his style of play at all and he could have been playing in La Liga or Serie A at good clubs learning from actual great managers instead of being coached by Jorge Mendes' blow up doll. Porto would have probably sold Danilo next season and he'd get the starting spot. As a Sporting fan it's good to see signs of weakness from Porto but I hate seeing young portuguese players making these stupid moves.
He's still a teenager that isn't getting any games. You're acting like Porto want to sell Danilo to give him room. He will move to a big club in the future, no doubt. This is just like him going on loan to further his development. The championship is as tough as the Portuguese league anyway, it's not like he went to China.

JeffBoomTetris

Rúben Neves to bleedin' Wolves? :lol: This is outrageous. He should be playing for a top 5 club in England, Spain or Germany. Or could have stayed in Portugal. Mendes never fails to disappoint.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Rúben Neves to bleedin' Wolves? :lol: This is outrageous. He should be playing for a top 5 club in England, Spain or Germany. Or could have stayed in Portugal. Mendes never fails to disappoint.
I cannot get the drama, if he plays more and they have a good chance to build a team to win promotion to the Premier League at the end of the season he will be more confident than watching Danilo from the bench imo.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Better for him to get more minutes instead watching Danilo from the bench tbh.
Yeah, moving clubs is not really a bad move. The problem is where he moved to.

He's still a teenager that isn't getting any games. You're acting like Porto want to sell Danilo to give him room. He will move to a big club in the future, no doubt. This is just like him going on loan to further his development. The championship is as tough as the Portuguese league anyway, it's not like he went to China.
Agreed on the first part. If he decided to move it's probably because Porto aren't thinking about selling Danilo.

I don't think it's that obvious he'll move to a big club in the future, he'll need to be great in the Championship for that to happen. And I don't have a problem with him moving to the Championship because of the strength of the league, but because of the style of play of the league that doesn't suit him at all. He's very good in possession and setting the tempo of the game, in the Championship the game is more physical and less possession based. I'm sure there were plenty of better teams in the top 5 leagues who were interested too.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
It is not a drama if they build a decent team, they have Hélder Costa too, Roderick also made a good season at Rio Ave, don't be surprised if in the near future we will see Wolves players in the NT :lol:

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
No, Raiola is a bit like Mendes, main difference is Raiola likes more pizza, and Mendes likes more this.

Sorry about the image, made a mistake inserting, I guess you can see it.
Can't see it, tbh :D

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He played just 600 minutes of league football for a relatively weak Porto team last season, yet you think he should be playing for a better club...something seems amiss there. Do you actually know anything about him beyond the hype?

dichinero

Yeah, moving clubs is not really a bad move. The problem is where he moved to.

Agreed on the first part. If he decided to move it's probably because Porto aren't thinking about selling Danilo.

I don't think it's that obvious he'll move to a big club in the future, he'll need to be great in the Championship for that to happen. And I don't have a problem with him moving to the Championship because of the strength of the league, but because of the style of play of the league that doesn't suit him at all. He's very good in possession and setting the tempo of the game, in the Championship the game is more physical and less possession based. I'm sure there were plenty of better teams in the top 5 leagues who were interested too.
I agree with you but it's so obvious that Wolves are trying to sell a project. Of the major take in the West Midlands, they are the least interesting and they have to jack up the hype. By the time Mendez brings in a few players that would be sold for big bucks and to big clubs, maybe people will start taking them more seriously. It's all part of the game buddy.

JeffBoomTetris

I cannot get the drama, if he plays more and they have a good chance to build a team to win promotion to the Premier League at the end of the season he will be more confident than watching Danilo from the bench imo.
Okay maybe staying in Porto isn't a good idea. But he'll be playing in the Championship for Wolverhampton Wanderers.... Let that sink in for a moment. He'll will be plodding away a whole Division below his expected level. Regular football brings confidence but playing at a lower level can lead to stagnation

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
And if he struggles to adapt to the league and is bang average and/or Wolves don't get promoted quickly (which is reasonable, given they finished 15th last season, it's a tough league and they are probably going to have to sign a lot of players who will need to gel quick) then he's set his career back massively.