Ruben Neves - Player watch

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Haven't seen much of him, but heard the hype here on the Caf first, a year or 2 ago. Looks brilliant (albeit in the Championship) from his highlight reel, and what a goal.

Game, especially his passing ability :drool:, seems very much Xabi Alonso like @Invictus ? Unless he's a tad more box to box? Either way, it would be a great partner/compliment to Matic & Pogba.

Murray3007

What a season this boys had, was shocked when seen he signed with Wolves and thought playing with lesser players would hinder him and the championship is a very tough league physically, even taking out some of his wonder goals this season, his performances have been top notch. have no doubts he could play in a top team in the premiership. is his agent not the same guy as Mourinho's which might give us a edge if we were to try for him. also willing to do the defensive side of the game which is great to see in someone so young.

Red_toad

But does Mourinho see it that way? Mourinho is all about trust and workmanship. He fully trusts McTominay to do a job. Also my point was that he wouldn't want 2 young cms in his 5/6.

Pogba, Matic, Herrera, McTominay and Neves.
Our midfield minus Carrick and Fellaini would require strengthening. Neves is as good as any prospects out there, I'd rather get him in, over quite a few of the players we're being linked to.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Game, especially his passing ability :drool:, seems very much Xabi Alonso like @Invictus ? Unless he's a tad more box to box? Either way, it would be a great partner/compliment to Matic & Pogba.
Aye, shades of Alonso from La Real under Toshack and Denoueix in his game - though Xabi was a better long range and diagonal passer even at that age, I reckon - while Rúben is a bit more gritty in the defensive phase. And funnily enough, Alonso also had a Neves-esque penchant for scoring sumptuous long-range and outside-of-the-box goals:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Not watched much championship but he's obviously key to why Wolves are doing so well.

Will be hard to prize him away but he looks a perfect fit for what we need right now. Xabi ALonso / Scholes type playmakers from deep are very difficult to find, add in his great shot and he looks a fantastic player.

Would probably leave him for 1 season in the prem, if he keeps it up then go balls out?

Chicharito_

Not watched much championship but he's obviously key to why Wolves are doing so well.

Will be hard to prize him away but he looks a perfect fit for what we need right now. Xabi ALonso / Scholes type playmakers from deep are very difficult to find, add in his great shot and he looks a fantastic player.

Would probably leave him for 1 season in the prem, if he keeps it up then go balls out?
Why do you think it would be hard to prize him away?

Surely if United came in for him and his agent being Jorge Mendes then it would be a pretty smooth transfer imo..

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Why do you think it would be hard to prize him away?

Surely if United came in for him and his agent being Jorge Mendes then it would be a pretty smooth transfer imo..
Their star player, first season in the premier league which they'll want to establish themselves.

They're also owned by quite a rich investor I believe, so it won't be a case of throw a bit of money.

Mourinho is also supposed to be not that close with Mendes anymore eiher so reports say..

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Bloody difficult to go from Championship to starting for Man Utd.
Anyway, we need more than one midfielder.

Camara

Supports
FC Porto
He scored 6 goals this season so far... all of them amazing lol

The thing is, like some wolves fan put it, these wonder goals are not even the best about him.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
He scored 6 goals this season so far... all of them amazing lol

The thing is, like some wolves fan put it, these wonder goals are not even the best about him.
Is he only on loan there?

Where did they get him from?

Oh just seen. He's from Porto and cost them 15m. Not cheap by Championship standards.
He's going to cost a shit load more if we want him

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
If We're looking for a potential than a ready made star player (don't know if there's any available atm), We should definitely go for him.
Young, really talented, playing in a position We need and... have proven himself in England :wenger:.

ArjenIsM3

He's got decent physical ability, tech
the lad was once a starter and captain for Porto, in the champions league ! How Wolves convinced him they were the place to develop him further is a mystery
Because Mendes. IIRC he wasn't a guaranteed starter for Porto. He wasn't getting enough minutes there, so he moved on. I think we should go for him really. His workrate is good, he's a good passer and he brings that goalscoring threat from midfield that only Pogba has in our current squad really. Think a midfield trio of him, Matic and Pogba would be a very nicely balanced midfield. That being said he's still a bit of a gamble at his age so he shouldn't be our only midfield addition.

hanovercigars

He is the type of player that Spurs will get relatively cheaply. He will play well and then other fans will be kicking themselves when levy slaps on a £150 million transfer fee. If United see talent in him they should buy this summer.

Bonjers

Supports
Wolves
If we aren't atleast interested in him considering our positional needs, then there's something wrong with our scouting.

Was just reading a Wolves forum, and some of them are saying that he's their best player in the last three decades or so. Can we have a Wolves fan on the Caf? Would be nice to have perspective.
Your wish is my command!

The man is a freak. Yes, it is currently only the Championship, but you can just see that he's far, far too good for this level. His ability to read the game sets him apart from anybody else I've seen at this level and is reminiscent of the true greats of that position. His ability to make space for himself, even under severe pressure reminds of Scholes. I can't compliment a central midfielder more than that.

He's scored twice as many goals as touches in the opposition box for god sake!

I do think he needs to play in a team and system where they're set up to dominate the ball and take risks with it. He dictates things and his main assets are going to be wasted in any system that doesn't play to those strengths.

He'll go to the very top, I just hope we can hold onto him for at least another season. Money isn't going to be an issue for us, our owners are worth an absolute fortune - but the time will inevitably come where his progression dictates he'll move on, unless we really, really crash the party.

Reactions: Invictus

Zlatattack

He spanked Derby! Twas embarassing.

We're losing Fellaini and Carrick this summer, this guy should be 1 of the replacements. He's top quality, got plenty of experience, why wait? Nobody is going to turn down Manchester United and £35 million.

Inigo Montoya

He spanked Derby! Twas embarassing.

We're losing Fellaini and Carrick this summer, this guy should be 1 of the replacements. He's top quality, got plenty of experience, why wait? Nobody is going to turn down Manchester United and £35 million.
Lost Carrick already:(

Good news, he's on the coaching staff:devil:

This guy looks good.Would love to land him and stick one on those twats in Wolverhampton who seem to think they're rivals

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Your wish is my command!

The man is a freak. Yes, it is currently only the Championship, but you can just see that he's far, far too good for this level. His ability to read the game sets him apart from anybody else I've seen at this level and is reminiscent of the true greats of that position. His ability to make space for himself, even under severe pressure reminds of Scholes. I can't compliment a central midfielder more than that.

He's scored twice as many goals as touches in the opposition box for god sake!

I do think he needs to play in a team and system where they're set up to dominate the ball and take risks with it. He dictates things and his main assets are going to be wasted in any system that doesn't play to those strengths.

He'll go to the very top, I just hope we can hold onto him for at least another season. Money isn't going to be an issue for us, our owners are worth an absolute fortune - but the time will inevitably come where his progression dictates he'll move on, unless we really, really crash the party.
Nice!

Hopefully we'll see you post more. It's a very exciting project that Wolves have right now. I imagine the fanbase is buzzing right now.

Are the Fosun group involved in improving the infrastructure too?

Inigo Montoya

Nice!

Hopefully we'll see you post more. It's a very exciting project that Wolves have right now. I imagine the fanbase is buzzing right now.

Who are the Fosun group?

Can7onA

the lad was once a starter and captain for Porto, in the champions league ! How Wolves convinced him they were the place to develop him further is a mystery
Chinese owners with lots of money and links to Jorge Mendes, hence the influx of Portuguese players and Nuno the manager. Some are on loan but Neves was bought for obvious money making purposes which seems to behaving the desired effect.

Nice!

Not sure, Steve Morgan the Scouser (previous owner) who was the construction guy had started to make improvements to Molineux, basically filling in the corners of the stands but work halted before they completed it all and there are giant screen in two corners. I've not heard they are making any more plans but I would assume a couple of years in the Premier and they would look to expand the stadium.

Reactions: Sly

Irrational.

He is the type of player that Spurs will get relatively cheaply. He will play well and then other fans will be kicking themselves when levy slaps on a £150 million transfer fee. If United see talent in him they should buy this summer.
Weird thing is, I can actually see this happening.

Hope Jose gets on it.