Ruben Neves | Signed for Al Hilal (SA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

daba

We should be all over this and be looking to sell the following to the Saudi League ;

A Telles - £25m
E Bailly - £25m
A Martial - £45m
Fred - £40m
Zidane Iqbal - £30m
DVB - £35m
There’s £200m

But our Directors who buy and sell players are shite, watch Chelsea get ridiculous money for their unwanted players
Valuations might be a bit off but I agree with the overall sentiment.

Could potentially see the first 4 explore a move there but Iqbal has too much of his career ahead of him and DVB I can see having enough self respect to pursue a career in Europe for at least the foreseeable.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters

Could potentially see the first 4 explore a move there but Iqbal has too much of his career ahead of him and DVB I can see having enough self respect to pursue a career in Europe for at least the foreseeable.
Bit off is understatement of the year

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It ended Oscar's international career, and if he isn't careful, could also happen to him as he would no longer be playing at a high level every week. The ones saying they would take the money any day sound like 14 year olds.
Oscar didn't give a shit though. The second sentence is weird.

Baxquux

Don't think they'll bid for him, but DVDB would face choice between slinking back to Holland (maybe midtable Bundesliga at a push) or earning 3x as much in Saudi. Seems to completely lack attributes to play for a upper-tier team in a top league, and for a good team full stop except in Ajax's 'system': no long passing, shot of an u-16 player, no acceleration, bulled off the ball, no tricks, short-passing game's Ok but overall he's a bigger mystery in what he does or how he functions in a tier-1 team than Muller, who at least has that preternatural understanding of space.

Cloud7

Can never fault someone for securing that money and making enough to live like a king long after they've retired.

Would SA be interested in taking any of our players off our hands?

Baxquux

Can never fault someone for securing that money and making enough to live like a king long after they've retired.

Would SA be interested in taking any of our players off our hands?
The eternal question. Maybe we can offer a job lot.

Woziak

There are three parties to a transfer. Our directors might be shit but it’s not because they can’t sell players to Saudi Arabia.
They were literally offered £25m for Ronaldo in the summer before he spat his dummy out at Xmas, their absolute shite!

Woziak

Zidane could go over on loan, people forget we were offered £25m for Ronaldo in the summer and let him spit his dummy out at Xmas and lost any chance of a transfer fee, the people running out transfers are not best in class but worst in class and I for one can’t wait for new owners to fire every single one whose involved in transfers from Murtourgh through to Fletcher!

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
It will be the most surprising move out of all the big money moves to Saudi league. All of the stars that have gone there so far are at the end of their careers. This one would be the equivalent of Oscar going to China.

Saudi really are making serious efforts to raise the profile of the league. I’m not convinced about Ronaldo’s recent comments claiming it’ll be one of the top 5 leagues soon.
Don't rule it out. Money talks, it has bottomless pockets and no ffp.....

izec

Glad this is off the table for us. Never rated him as being good enough for a top 4 club. Shows his motivation as well.

roseguy64

It ended Oscar's international career, and if he isn't careful, could also happen to him as he would no longer be playing at a high level every week. The ones saying they would take the money any day sound like 14 year olds.
He could easily make the move for 1 season with a relatively cheap release clause in his contract. Make enough in one year that matches how much he'd make in 10 and then go back to European football if he wants.

roseguy64

Zidane could go over on loan, people forget we were offered £25m for Ronaldo in the summer and let him spit his dummy out at Xmas and lost any chance of a transfer fee, the people running out transfers are not best in class but worst in class and I for one can’t wait for new owners to fire every single one whose involved in transfers from Murtourgh through to Fletcher!
Oh, never mind. You're one of those people.

Pintu

He could easily make the move for 1 season with a relatively cheap release clause in his contract. Make enough in one year that matches how much he'd make in 10 and then go back to European football if he wants.
This doesn’t seem remotely realistic for a Neves… They may be throwing money around, but they aren’t this stupid.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
They were literally offered £25m for Ronaldo in the summer before he spat his dummy out at Xmas, their absolute shite!
They were? First I've heard of it. A quick google shows me only a few terrible sources saying that.

Even if they were offered that, at that stage Ronaldo wouldn't have accepted it as he still thought he'd get other another top European team. It's only when he was completely free and still nobody wanted him that he ended up going to Saudi Arabia. If he had actually wanted to go there back then the Saudi's would have obviously gone a lot higher than £25m if that's what it took to get us to agree.

Woziak

They were? First I've heard of it. A quick google shows me only a few terrible sources saying that.

Even if they were offered that, at that stage Ronaldo wouldn't have accepted it as he still thought he'd get other another top European team. It's only when he was completely free and still nobody wanted him that he ended up going to Saudi Arabia. If he had actually wanted to go there back then the Saudi's would have obviously gone a lot higher than £25m if that's what it took to get us to agree.
Point is the club is skint and doesn’t know how to sell players , as soon as new owners come they will fire all Execs

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
We should be all over this and be looking to sell the following to the Saudi League ;

A Telles - £25m
E Bailly - £25m
A Martial - £45m
Fred - £40m
Zidane Iqbal - £30m
DVB - £35m
There’s £200m

But our Directors who buy and sell players are shite, watch Chelsea get ridiculous money for their unwanted players
So far Saudi teams have been mostly going after older players with prior success and fame, or relatively young players with good reputation. I don’t really believe they would suddenly start going for struggling players at the end of their prime or past it. They are not just trying to buy anyone, they are trying to bring players whose acquisitions will make some noise.

Reyoji-Utd

Its not that bad for him or players like him that would not play to the highest level, competing for trophies, at big clubs, and maybe win something. He can always come back after 2/3 years and play another few seasons.

We tend to not understand the reason behind this but it has become a trend amongst players and will probably continue for 2/3 years if SA fancies it. More, such players will get almost around 100m for 2/3 years, chance to come back, and be set for the rest of his life probably. Also, we tend to think that millionaire players have too much money for them to even contemplate that but ignore that we use our lifestyle and expense subconciously when reasoning that. Millionaire have their way of lifestyle and expense that cost them big percentage of their earning to maintain. Their money also have to factor in agent fees, tax, other fees involves...etc. After their career, they still have their entire life span and their family to support and maintain their lifestyle is gonna take a lot more than people think. Not everyone is like the top echelone players like Messi, CR7, Becks...ect. this opportunity is great for them and i think they hve thought through it and accept its best for them. I would also donthe same if playing there for 2/3 years with some of the players he knows and not to be worry about his life afterward.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
So far Saudi teams have been mostly going after older players with prior success and fame, or relatively young players with good reputation. I don’t really believe they would suddenly start going for struggling players at the end of their prime or past it. They are not just trying to buy anyone, they are trying to bring players whose acquisitions will make some noise.
Don’t think Saudi teams are good enough to turn down players at a level miles higher than theirs. It’s more about players willing to go and whether those clubs want to overpay for them (as they have to otherwise nobody is going there).

dinostar77

Its not that bad for him or players like him that would not play to the highest level, competing for trophies, at big clubs, and maybe win something. He can always come back after 2/3 years and play another few seasons.

We tend to not understand the reason behind this but it has become a trend amongst players and will probably continue for 2/3 years if SA fancies it. More, such players will get almost around 100m for 2/3 years, chance to come back, and be set for the rest of his life probably. Also, we tend to think that millionaire players have too much money for them to even contemplate that but ignore that we use our lifestyle and expense subconciously when reasoning that. Millionaire have their way of lifestyle and expense that cost them big percentage of their earning to maintain. Their money also have to factor in agent fees, tax, other fees involves...etc. After their career, they still have their entire life span and their family to support and maintain their lifestyle is gonna take a lot more than people think. Not everyone is like the top echelone players like Messi, CR7, Becks...ect. this opportunity is great for them and i think they hve thought through it and accept its best for them. I would also donthe same if playing there for 2/3 years with some of the players he knows and not to be worry about his life afterward.
Good post. Good points raised.

Sarni

Don’t think Saudi teams are good enough to turn down players at a level miles higher than theirs. It’s more about players willing to go and whether those clubs want to overpay for them (as they have to otherwise nobody is going there).
There are hundreds of players big clubs would be willing to part with, the idea that its Saudi teams would just come and spend £200m at each of the garage sales is not remotely realistic. I think they’d rather go for desirable players first before filling out the roster with dross.

Sarni

Good post. Players like Neves typically earn £2m to £3m or so (net after tax) in Europe, they spend a chunk of that on their running expenses that you mention, but probably make enough via other revenue streams to cover that. Their careers are however short and can be cut even shorter by injuries or other issues, they may well find themselves approaching 30, heading towards the end of their careers and not having much to show for it in terms of resources. Once their playing days are over their revenue making options will be very limited.

It’s even more of a no brainer for a player like Neves than it is for an aging old player.

Woziak

They’ve already contacted Teles, Brazilian national team left back just turned 30, they will want Sandro as well. Bailey not so sure, Martial right up their streak and he’s greedy so they’re pay him £400k per week no problem.

Sarni

They’ve already contacted Teles, Brazilian national team left back just turned 30, they will want Sandro as well. Bailey not so sure, Martial right up their streak and he’s greedy so they’re pay him £400k per week no problem.
Yeah Telles I could see. He's flashy and his deficiencies won't really be a problem in Saudi. Bailly I don't expect to be very desirable, Martial I don't know, maybe. DVB is so bland and boring that I can't see them getting excited by the prospect of signing him. Fred may not actually be the worst idea, he can be pretty flashy as well.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Good to have Fifa Fans not recommend Teilemans and Neves for a while.

Woziak

Yeah Telles I could see. He's flashy and his deficiencies won't really be a problem in Saudi. Bailly I don't expect to be very desirable, Martial I don't know, maybe. DVB is so bland and boring that I can't see them getting excited by the prospect of signing him. Fred may not actually be the worst idea, he can be pretty flashy as well.
They love a Brazilian however they don’t own any part of United like Chelsea or Newcastle however we should be able to get £40-50m for players we don’t want anymore but they do.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
This one shocked me. And for 48m? Why couldnt we gat him.... Then added Sergio Busquet on free?
Most likely, if we tried to buy him, we'd end up negotiating a deal for £100M.
There is a reason why we are one of the biggest spenders in World football (transfer fees AND wages), but we have won 1 trophy since Jose Mourinho left.
Our negotiating team are terrible at their job and should be fired.
In fact, I would say that given the amount of money, we have spent and the lack of return we have had, the only explanation is that we have a saboteur in our club, scheming to run the club into the ground. Incompetence by itself, doesn't get us to the place we currently are.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Find the kick back about him moving to Saudi a bit weird. Everyone has said he's not good enough for a top side for years anyway, let the man live.

macheda14

A Telles - £25m
E Bailly - £25m
A Martial - £45m
Fred - £40m
Zidane Iqbal - £30m
DVB - £35m
There’s £200m

Sold for 1 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.