Ruben Neves | Signed for Al Hilal (SA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirAnderson

Isnt that what the transfer window is about though? :p
Nah a proper transfer thread has loads of tweets and we discuss whether its reliable or not. The odd video now and then, with a bit of it being derailed by the occasionally Pogba or Ole rant between 2 posters. Tactics talk sprinkled here and there. Biggest red flag is @Judas isn't in the top 5 of the posters, let alone the fact that @Random Task hasn't even had pre-jizz yet; this one ain't happening sadly.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Nah a proper transfer thread has loads of tweets and we discuss whether its reliable or not. The odd video now and then, with a bit of it being derailed by the occasionally Pogba or Ole rant between 2 posters. Tactics talk sprinkled here and there. Biggest red flag is @Judas isn't in the top 5 of the posters, let alone the fact that @Random Task hasn't even had pre-jizz yet; this one ain't happening sadly.
Says who?

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
A DM while keeping Pogba is a must with the moves City and Chelsea are making!
Yeah, much as Sancho and Varane are huge upgrades to our team, we surely MUST be looking at making improvements in our engine room. Management cannot think we can really compete relying so heavily on McT and Matic.

Ranchero

No no no no no..another overrated footballer along with Rice that we should run away from.

KennyBurner

Keep Neves far away from our beautiful club. We can manage with Fred, Matic and VDB(looks a different player) till a quality DM is available. How is it possible we are linked to 3 of these guys who wont pass the ball forward? What is even the point of all our scouts?

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner

Keep Neves far away from our beautiful club. We can manage with Fred, Matic and VDB(looks a different player) till a quality DM is available. How is it possible we are linked to 3 of these guys who wont pass the ball forward? What is even the point of all our scouts?
We aren’t being linked with Neves though that’s the thing :lol:

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

I remember Carrick often had a similar %.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW

That Neves stat really doesn't surprise me. Have you seen Wolves play?

WhyYouGottaBeSoRuud?

Would love him here but haven't seen the same levels of coverage in the press/Romano as for other transfers. Doesn't mean it's not happening though. Ings went under the radar.

Nicolarra90

What do you expect? Every pass to be forward? Bring a little common sense please.

You don't need every pass to go forward to actually advance. It was prettty common for us to move the ball and get a sideways pass to valencia with an open channel for him to take the ball forward running.

Herschel Krustofsky

Supports
Balanced perspectives
You don't need every pass to go forward to actually advance. It was prettty common for us to move the ball and get a sideways pass to valencia with an open channel for him to take the ball forward running
Exactly. Another example would be pass it back to Lukaku, it bounces forward off his shin and we break

laughtersassassin

I'm all for giving VDB a go but to say he looks a different players after 1 or 2 preseason games is nonsense.

Anyway to get he best out of Pogba or VDB we need a DM. They both look way better next to Matic but he practically can never play.

Fred and McTominay are not good enough and they are not DMs. They don't know how or when to sit. They don't spot when their partner is pushed up etc.

We stick with what we have and it will cost us!

Last edited:

SATA

Hugely underrated player. Would love it if we sign him on the final day and it’ll be the best transfer window ever after the Nani/Anderson/Tevez one

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

Fred passes forward far more

Will neves unlock Pogba or will he go the way of Herrera, Matic, Fellaini, Mc T and Fred? My monies on the latter…

Redlyn

Will neves unlock Pogba or will he go the way of Herrera, Matic, Fellaini, Mc T and Fred? My monies on the latter…
We really need a DM. Pogba is only part of it. It will unlock everyone. Fred can do what he does best, harry and close down, not hold. Less defensive responsibility for Pogba, less of a liability. He can't be worse than last season.

Red_toad

If Fred played for Wolves he wouldn't though. Wolves played some dire tumescent shite, Spuds fans must be rubbing their hands at the thought of how they'll be operating next season, Nuno makes Jose look like an attack minded Manager.

MattofManchester

This obsession with stats.

Are some of you really trying to say that Fred is a better passer than Neves?
Really? Really really?

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I'd take him here all day long. He's a huge upgrade on both Fred and McTominay. If we're serious about a title challenge then those two (or at least one) need upgrading.

RedKnight88

This obsession with stats.

Are some of you really trying to say that Fred is a better passers than Neves?
Really? Really really?
I am not sure Neves is the answer to compete with the best in the world. But, I know this much, Fred is not going to take us to the next level either. And I'd choose Neves over Fred too.
But we really need to try push for Leon Goretzka , Frenkie de Jong, tier of midfielders. But thats just me

Reactions: golden_blunder

Adcuth

Neves is basically a younger version of matic. Slightly different but would do the same job. Depending on the price he'd improve our team. Wouldn't pay over the odds though. Ndidi is the one you pay for

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours

Surely Rice can't have more forward passes than Neves?

JPB

Please, people who haven't seen him play go on YouTube and type in Ruben Neves long range passing. The things he can do are Scholes-esque. He sits deep and sprays pin point long range balls all over the field. Scholes is probably my favourite player ever and this guy really reminds me of him. If I could choose one more player it would be him. Just imagine him pinging balls out wide to Sancho and Rashford. :drool: :devil:

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I really hope we get this guy over the line. He’d be quality in our midfield, a deep lying playmaker is exactly what we need. This would complete our transfers and allow us to play 4-3-3

Status
Not open for further replies.