Ruben Neves | Signed for Al Hilal (SA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AneRu

Could go with him(or Caqueret, maybe?) and Tchouameni. Fix our need for 2 CMs for a total of 90 - 100m, rather than plump 100m at one man.

Knowing this club, we'll sign Declan Rice and forego the CM need for the following summer and we'll bemoan this again next season.

We'd still have around 50m to throw at a CF, and if we're smart(we're not), we'd look at Mazraoui on a free.
Him and Kamara would even be cheaper and would allow us to go for a striker in the £80m range. But with the aloof idiots running our club they will spend it all on Rice and brief the media that they feel McTominay is Roy Keane incarnate and Ronaldo will roll back the years. The self sabotage at United borders on criminal negligence.

croadyman

Him and Kamara would even be cheaper and would allow us to go for a striker in the £80m range. But with the aloof idiots running our club they will spend it all on Rice and brief the media that they feel McTominay is Roy Keane incarnate and Ronaldo will roll back the years. The self sabotage at United borders on criminal negligence.
Yeah course they will

Red_toad

As a partnership Neves and Rice is lacking in mobility and agility.
If we can get a very good 60 minutes out of Matic a few games per month, I doubt mobility is a major issue. Controlling a midfield isn't all about charging round like a headless chicken. Positioning and composure on the ball is a far better quality. If we can get a younger version of Matic we'd be much improved.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Having him and Fred/Scott in midfield would have made us a far better team. Frustrated we didn't get him in the summer.

Devil may care

If we can get a very good 60 minutes out of Matic a few games per month, I doubt mobility is a major issue. Controlling a midfield isn't all about charging round like a headless chicken. Positioning and composure on the ball is a far better quality. If we can get a younger version of Matic we'd be much improved.
I'm talking about the idea above of having them as a pair, not just one of them, you can't have two 3rds of your midfield 3 being so lacking in mobility and agility.

James Peril

We are not talking about controlling the midfield against Watford though, our ambitions are controlling games in the Champions League and reaching finals. Rice and Neves would never be good enough, both are too limited and slow, both protected by their team’s defensive and tight setups, something they would never have at United. Neves is incredibly slow.

Abraxas

Coming round to the idea of Neves IF we can get him for a fair fee. I think it only makes sense if we can do that because it's so important we address multiple areas this summer and it's not like Neves is one of the world's best mids, he's someone that has to prove himself still. So I think it depends on Wolves attitude.

He'd definitely give some passing, composure, the odd goal threat. There are a few qualities he lacks as well so we'd have to find something to balance that out. Maybe even our current options can do that, but more likely we'll need someone else too.

OrcaFat

As a partnership Neves and Rice is lacking in mobility and agility.
Rice is plenty mobile and agile. Neves a little less so, I suppose. Both have very good positional intelligence. I don’t see this as an issue. They would make a great CM pair.

Devil may care

Rice is plenty mobile and agile. Neves a little less so, I suppose. Both have very good positional intelligence. I don’t see this as an issue. They would make a great CM pair.
Rice is quick in a straight line when running with the ball but he's not mobile laterally without it and isn't agile against the press, when you have a player like him you pair him with a Vidal type #8, not another slow, fairly immobile player like Neves, it's about balance.

OrcaFat

Rice is quick in a straight line when running with the ball but he's not mobile laterally without it and isn't agile against the press, when you have a player like him you pair him with a Vidal type #8, not another slow, fairly immobile player like Neves, it's about balance.
I thought that about Rice before but I was wrong, he is fine. The balance of Neves and Rice is great. Rice is the fire, leadership, engine, and Neves is the ball-playing 8. The blend they offer is how I would prefer us to set up and play.

Devil may care

I thought that about Rice before but I was wrong, he is fine. The balance of Neves and Rice is great. Rice is the fire, leadership, engine, and Neves is the ball-playing 8. The blend they offer is how I would prefer us to set up and play.
I've seen Rice struggle over and over against the press and Neves is worse, as a balance I think you'd soon find we'd be ran off the park most weekends.

Red_toad

We are not talking about controlling the midfield against Watford though, our ambitions are controlling games in the Champions League and reaching finals. Rice and Neves would never be good enough, both are too limited and slow, both protected by their team’s defensive and tight setups, something they would never have at United. Neves is incredibly slow.
Please find the part where I said I think Neves is a solution? Or that we should be looking to sign him?

LuckyScout78

I prefer Bellingham (nr.8) - Tchouaméni (nr.6). Both quick in the first metres - physical strong and really good with the ball. All basic ball ability.

One from Dortmund and one from Monaco. No from the top big club in Europe. Both suit all the system and formation.

Example 4411 : Ralph Hasenhüttl

Raphinha - Bellingham (nr.8) - Tchouaméni (nr.6) - Sancho + Bruno + Rashford . Pontential premier league winning 411 line up.

433 under Ten Hag : Raphinha - Bellingham - Tchouaméni - Bruno - Sancho + Rashford.

There you have. Bellingham at the young age 18-20 will have a lot of energy, drive and engine to run box to box and help the attack in the final third. Tchouaméni more composure and balance to hold back a bit to control and dictate the game.
And with 433. You just drop Bruno down as another 8.

LCM and RCM are runner in the midfield. Rummer cm = box to box = More free offesinve, creative and attack jobs and role. The 6 in a 3 men midfield is the anchor, balance man.

Cross fingers for Bellingham and Tchouaméni to United.

Deery

Dreary
Great in his last match. His game has progressed I feel. Now ready for a bigger club
I think he’d be a very good signing for us, seems to give a solid performance every week and lately even giving more impressive ones, solid player.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Good game today. Great assist for the opener, some incisive passing, great composure and he works like a absolute dog.

wolvored

Played well today. Sign him and Kilman their young CD. Going to be a superstar.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Great in his last match. His game has progressed I feel. Now ready for a bigger club
I think so too. He came with a huge hype, and it took about a year or two for people to realize that he is not Xabi reborn afterall. And they became so disappointed that they started underrating him quite a bit.

The last year or so, it appears to have gone under the radar that he has matured. But I still dont think he is good enough to be a starter for a team looking to challenge.

Abraxas

He is looking better and better, more consistent now. He's a good target to bring some passing ability and composure.

I am not sure about his defensive prowess, even his manager has stated that has been a process that's being worked on. It would be interesting to see how he'd combine with somebody like Fred who is not at all similar to Moutinho, it looks a bit risky. Maybe he would be one of two signings so we have the right balance.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think so too. He came with a huge hype, and it took about a year or two for people to realize that he is not Xabi reborn afterall. And they became so disappointed that they started underrating him quite a bit.

The last year or so, it appears to have gone under the radar that he has matured. But I still dont think he is good enough to be a starter for a team looking to challenge.
Yeah, but we’re still a fair bit off for looking to challenge, tbf.

I think playing under a much more positive and attacking manager like Lage has brought a side of his game that wasn’t there under Nuno. It’s impressive to see.

James Peril

He is very good, but I fear he is too slow to be a player for a top team. And that’s why he is at Wolves after all these years, he is just too slow.. like Maguire is too slow and shouldn’t be at a top team. Well, he isn’t actually, but the team could have been one if they had signed someone else.

MrSingh2002

People talking as if Carrick and Scholes were fast....

Tchouameni and Neves or Rice and Neves would be great additions to the squad and lineup.

Midfield squad next season could easily be Tchouameni, Neves, McTominay and Fred.

Tchouameni and Neves for Matic and Pogba are good replacements. Then when we replace Fred we're in business.

Superunknown

I've rated Neves since he's come to the Premier League. Looks quality and I have no doubt in my mind that he would improve us. He would have to be one of two or three new additions, because I don't truly believe that we just need one new player.

croadyman

I've rated Neves since he's come to the Premier League. Looks quality and I have no doubt in my mind that he would improve us. He would have to be one of two or three new additions, because I don't truly believe that we just need one new player.
There is no doubt we have to rebuild the midfield

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I think I'm the only one who wasn't impressed with him. I used to think he has potential and can be as good as Jorginho but the more I watched him, I don't think he's that good. I think his ceiling is Xhaka or Højbjerg level.

I think I'm the only one who wasn't impressed with him. I used to think he has potential and can be as good as Jorginho but the more I watched him, I don't think he's that good. I think his ceiling is Xhaka or Højbjerg level.
No way mate! He’s already better than both. Hojbjerg got dominated by Fred on Saturday. Neves ran the show against us.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
No way mate! He’s already better than both. Hojbjerg got dominated by Fred on Saturday. Neves ran the show against us.
You could say the same thing about other midfielders who ran the show against us in the past like Jonjo Shelvey or Joelinton for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.