Ruben Neves | Signed for Al Hilal (SA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

The Athletic is reporting Wolves has put Neves up for sale for £35m.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I think he would offer us something very different to what we have, for £35m it's a good price.

Crustanoid

If Rice goes to the Renties, and our owners keep scrimping we might need him at that price

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Got dominated by a midfield of Matic and Van der Beek, yet people want us to sign him?

He has a hail mary long shot in him once every season and people think he's class :lol: he's basically a Portuguese Darron Gibson.

Brophs

The One and Only
I’ve never seen the appeal. Games just seem to pass him by.

BFernandes

Go on the Wolves forum at any point over the last couple of seasons and they're not overly impressed with him.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
A player Wolves do not want is apparently good enough for us.

hubbuh

He's got decent technique but we need someone more dynamic and physically capable.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Was just thinking that I should start a thread yesterday about players who are at their lowest stock but still quite decent options. He was in my mind.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Type of player who would thrive in a free no.6/8 role in Italy, I reckon

Varun

Staff
He's not very good at anything in particular except the ability to bang one in every once in a while. On the other hand, he makes Matic looks like Kante on steroids when it cames to mobility (exaggerating for effect ofcourse). When Moutinho looks the far better CM than you, you're not Utd quality.

Doesn't matter if the price is 35mil or 3.5mil, don't want any more wasters here on 5yr contracts.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
A player Wolves do not want is apparently good enough for us.
His agent is Mendes who basically supplies Wolves with all their players. If he has decided its time for Neves to move on, there's not much Wolves can do to stop him. That's why the price being quoted is quite reasonable as well. Pep had name checked him as someone they were interested in 18 months ago but the price quoted then was too much, maybe they want him as a replacement for Fernandinho. Personally, I think he's more suited to the pace of La Liga, though he would be decent with someone like a prime Kante next to him even in the PL.

Ekeke

If he had pace he’d be deadly

there’s a reason big clubs haven’t been linked, never mind but him
Guardiola mentioned last year that Wolves wanted like £70 million or something for him and that hes too expensive. Suggests he would have been interested at a reasonable price

I do think hes a bit overrated but he has his strengths

Castia

£35m is a very fair price. I’d have him at United.

Ekeke

Was just thinking that I should start a thread yesterday about players who are at their lowest stock but still quite decent options. He was in my mind.
I suggested Kane last summer when he was looking a bit average under Mourinho. That would have been a stunning signing

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Has something we are crying out for. Passing ability and composure. I wouldn't want him any more than a squad player though, but for that price it seems fair.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I like Fred over Neves. I don’t care what people think about me for saying that.

The way people talk about our players like they are championship level is just weird.

Neves has nothing more than a passing ability - not one where he can dictate the tempo of a top team.

Abraxas

Pedro Neto and Jimenez have always looked the most interesting Wolves players to me, although the latter is getting on and recovering from a bad injury so has probably lost his appeal. They both have pace and ability. Jiminez has led the line brilliantly at OT when I've seen him live, he's a proper centre forward with strength, hold up play, can finish. Neto looks a good, tricky player that could do with finding greater consistency. The rest I don't find much of interest to top sides, some good players in midfield but nothing to really improve anybody.

Ekeke

I like Fred over Neves. I don’t care what people think about me for saying that.

The way people talk about our players like they are championship level is just weird.

Neves has nothing more than a passing ability - not one where he can dictate the tempo of a top team.
And a great shot which hes used to score against us multiple times, and he can defend

He can do it all. But for someone who is a good passer, he doesnt impose himself on the game a large amount. Wolves average less than 50% of the ball. So I'm not entirely sure he'd turn up and be like Scholes always looking to get on the ball and starting moves constantly. It would seem he has the potential to but it isnt really happening at Wolves

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I think VdB is a better player. Sure he hasn't shown it yet in a United shirt, but I think by the end of next season De Beek will be a first team regular.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He’s too slow. I have a few wolves fans in my family and they’d be happy for him to go

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I suggested Kane last summer when he was looking a bit average under Mourinho. That would have been a stunning signing
I don't think a world class player would ever had their stock low enough for a deal to be a steal or close to a bargain. Unless they are Hazard and finished. Kane had then 4 years left on his deal, a full Mourinho season with the promise of a small trophy, and a lot less leverage than now after yet another failure of a season and no manager in place.

I think they'd think criticise the post, not the poster.

Alfie092

Good passer, has a good shot. That is from what I've seen. How is his all-round game like his positioning and defensive side of the game? I know he isn't the most quickest and most mobile of players.

Ekeke

I don't think a world class player would ever had their stock low enough for a deal to be a steal or close to a bargain. Unless they are Hazard and finished. Kane had then 4 years left on his deal, a full Mourinho season with the promise of a small trophy, and a lot less leverage than now after yet another failure of a season and no manager in place.

I think they'd think criticise the post, not the poster.
The talk at the time was that Mourinho couldnt get the best out of him and they didnt make the champions league

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Haven't really watched him in years. Is he really as immobile as some are saying?

crossy1686

career ending
He's better than what we've got for a couple of seasons until we buff out the midfield. He's worth a goal or two also. At £35m he's a much better option than what we've bought previously for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.