Ruben Neves | Signed for Al Hilal (SA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Your Neves ship has sailed I’m afraid guys, talk of £40m is ridiculous too, FYI we have an option so he won’t be going for a free at the end of the season.
I know for a fact that he will be signing a new contract in the very near future too, first bit of ITK info I’ve ever had but it’s genuine
Welcome back @choccy77.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Your Neves ship has sailed I’m afraid guys, talk of £40m is ridiculous too, FYI we have an option so he won’t be going for a free at the end of the season.
I know for a fact that he will be signing a new contract in the very near future too, first bit of ITK info I’ve ever had but it’s genuine
Excellent

Redcy

Fair enough. https://www.spotrac.com/ was saying he is a free agent next year.

Still, considering some of the punts we are looking at taking from Europe, this seems like a far more solid and guaranteed preposition, even at a high transfer fee.
Because of contract wolves would want 80m, it’s not just his passing that limits him. He needs a really good partner who can pass short and drive with the ball, and he has the mobility of an oil tanker.

I think he excels in a counter attacking team because he can stay back and ping balls, I am sure he can play shorter balls but it’s not his natural game, and it’s too easy for him to get turned over if he loses possession when playing short. When playing longer passes he can use his positional sense to cover any misplaced passes.

Born2Lose

Bottom of the league with McFred and he's still not good enough for some.

Talk about delusions of grandeur.

Godfather

Thank God

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Let's hope it doesn't happen. He doesn't have the tools to play at a top club: his positioning is erratic and lacks intensity. A top 6/8 club is clearly his level.

RedorDead21

We feel like those that missed the titanic by only afew mins…

sugar_kane

A lot of our fans are deluded if they think we can turn our noses up at the likes of Neves.

We are not a desirable club to play for right now, and we need anyone we can get to fit the system, with the right attitude, who can help push us back to a higher level. Then and only then should we worry about signing the absolute best.

ShinjiNinja26

Cool story bro. Did you sign up just to tell us that?

CarbonStoolBites

Thank feck for that

stubie

No chance of signing Neves!

just signed a new five year contract!

Higgy74

Supports
Wolves
imagine being a Man Utd fan and thinking Neves isn’t good enough for your midfield when you have to watch Mcfred week in week out and no other midfielders want to sign for you, the arrogance of some United fans is up there with the red half of the scousers

I genuinely feel sorry for the genuine Man Utd fans who are going through this period but not the ones who turn their noses up at players that are twice as good as what they already have.

you need a reality check, look at the table, look at your performances, you need to close the gap on the number of clubs above you, you won’t do that playing Mcfred, some of you think you’re still relevant and the greatest manager of all time is still in charge, you’re not, he isn’t.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
imagine being a Man Utd fan and thinking Neves isn’t good enough for your midfield when you have to watch Mcfred week in week out and no other midfielders want to sign for you, the arrogance of some United fans is up there with the red half of the scousers

I genuinely feel sorry for the genuine Man Utd fans who are going through this period but not the ones who turn their noses up at players that are twice as good as what they already have.

you need a reality check, look at the table, look at your performances, you need to close the gap on the number of clubs above you, you won’t do that playing Mcfred, some of you think you’re still relevant and the greatest manager of all time is still in charge, you’re not, he isn’t.
I don't think any of those posters are serious but if you come onto a Utd forum during their worst phase acting all smug, you will get responses like that.

Higgy74

Supports
Wolves
I don't think any of those posters are serious but if you come onto a Utd forum during their worst phase acting all smug, you will get responses like that.
Ive not acted smug at all, I grew up watching SAFs team and loved watching them, no one knows what it’s like to watch a crap team disappointing their fans more than a wolves fan, believe me, I came on here having genuine conversations and giving an insight to some of the players you were linked to as opposition fans have on the wolves board I go on but some of the posters on here are unbelievably arrogant

bucky

Ive not acted smug at all, I grew up watching SAFs team and loved watching them, no one knows what it’s like to watch a crap team disappointing their fans more than a wolves fan, believe me, I came on here having genuine conversations and giving an insight to some of the players you were linked to as opposition fans have on the wolves board I go on but some of the posters on here are unbelievably arrogant
Main thing for me is that he needs a specific partner in midfield and I am not sure, we are going to get that one on top of him. Coupled with what your club would ask for, it makes the whole thing not worth it. I'd much rather signed Matheus Nunes than Neves for example.

Abraxas

Good player. I think not pursuing him was fair enough in the end, there were one or two doubts over his suitability. I think he could be great in Spain.

Erik the Red

Don't give a man hope he can't handle.

Trying to replace Busquets I'd imagine.
Whichever way you want to look at it...

De Jong is now essentially first choice in that role, and Busquets will be moved on at some point, so Neves is likely to be coming in as cover for De Jong. This all seems fairly logical, but there is always that slight question about the unpaid wages, and whether Barca will try to use this as leverage to push De Jong towards the exit again....???

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Whichever way you want to look at it...

De Jong is now essentially first choice in that role, and Busquets will be moved on at some point, so Neves is likely to be coming in as cover for De Jong. This all seems fairly logical, but there is always that slight question about the unpaid wages, and whether Barca will try to use this as leverage to push De Jong towards the exit again....???
I certainly hope it's the latter but as you said the former is much more likely at this point, he seems to have weathered the storm , hard to see him leave now.

Status
Not open for further replies.