Rudi Garcia

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

As per Andy Mitten, ManUtd have spoken to him about the interim role.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Rudi Garcia
He drinks sangria
and he's available
Having left Lyon
We're in talks with
him to become our manager
According
to
Andy Mitten

Waaay

Edit - French apparently but you can't rhyme Garcia with Pernod

macheda14

Not football related but this was quite a cool insight into his character.

‘But following the attack on Charlie Hebdo in France, Garcia bought pencils and put them on the seats of the journalists before they arrived for their next press conference.

“Freedom of expression is important,” he said, “the liberty of expression is important.”’

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Rudi Garcia
He drinks sangria
and he's available
Having left Lyon
We're in talks with
him to become our manager
According
to
Andy Mitten

Waaay

Edit - French apparently but you can't rhyme Garcia with Pernod
Not with that attitude

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I know nothing about him except occasionally watching his team once in a while - is he good enough even for an interim?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I know nothing about him except occasionally watching his team once in a while - is he good enough even for an interim?
For interim, hell yeah. I would be disappointed if he was our main target though.

Devil may care

A French league and cup double a decade ago with no success since and plays shite football, sounds about right.

Dan_F

Mitten has relatively good inks to the club doesn't he?
Yeah and he seemed to push Garcia’s name straight away on The Athletic’s podcast when no one else had mentioned him.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
A French league and cup double a decade ago with no success since and plays shite football, sounds about right.
And strangely enough, he used to play very good football with Lille, Le Mans and Roma. Since it has been absolutely awful.

Dante

Average bang
That's at least twice now that Mitten has raised the possibility of Rudi Garcia.

This has legs, no doubt about that. Considering the source, I might even consider it a leak.

Devil may care

And strangely enough, he used to play very good football with Lille, Le Mans and Roma. Since it has been absolutely awful.
His Marsielle stint was especially tumescent, with Roma i was surprised it fell apart the way it did.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Think i'd rather keep Carrick tbh.

Zoo

If he gets it and is not up to the job at least his wife will brighten up Old Trafford.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Rather have Steve Bruce than him. HORRIBLE person.

If only, Murtough spoke to him, it proves that he knows nothing about football. Horrible man, horrible coach.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Rather have Steve Bruce than him. HORRIBLE person.

If only, Murtough spoke to him, it proves that he knows nothing about football. Horrible man, horrible coach.
Why is everyone saying hes not a nice person?

Chaky_Best

Why is everyone saying hes not a nice person?
He's a min Mourinho with less human qualities. The guy was hated when left Marseille, and had a similar impact when he left Lyon. He tends to manipulate players, lying to them (you will play blabla) and never trusts them.

He seems to have a good communication but absolutely not.

I have a friend who was his player when he was at Lille few years back and told me that he was not really close with players but fainted it when interrogated.

But worse is that he's a low level manager. Ranieri is twice the coach Garcia is... I really think that he would be the worst coach in PL if comes (tbh I don't know what Gerrard is made of yet, and what is the level of Thomas Franck and Bruno Lage)

HailtotheKing

Wow a surprising amount of hate. Didn’t he beat city with Lyon to get to the semis of champs? I seem to remember that Lyon team being rather good.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Wow a surprising amount of hate. Didn’t he beat city with Lyon to get to the semis of champs? I seem to remember that Lyon team being rather good.
Apart from that? Didn't Ole get into Semis for the majority of his time here? Didn't he get to a EL final? Finished 2nd in prem?

These one off achievements mean nada.

HailtotheKing

Apart from that? Didn't Ole get into Semis for the majority of his time here? Didn't he get to a EL final? Finished 2nd in prem?

These one off achievements mean nada.
Yeah I’m not sure can compare the two. I’m simply saying I remember that Lyon team being pretty good. I don’t know this guy. I heard Mitten talk about him before. Can any La Ligue fans shed some light on what he was like at Lyon since that was his last club? How did he play? Valverde sounds like a better bet and a better fit to Poch if he comes in after. Although I’m a little scared that if he does well we won’t be hiring a permanent manager.

Chaky_Best

Yeah I’m not sure can compare the two. I’m simply saying I remember that Lyon team being pretty good. I don’t know this guy. I heard Mitten talk about him before. Can any La Ligue fans shed some light on what he was like at Lyon since that was his last club? How did he play? Valverde sounds like a better bet and a better fit to Poch if he comes in after. Although I’m a little scared that if he does well we won’t be hiring a permanent manager.
He likes to play 4-3-3, with a defensive midfielder, two 8s and two wingers that cut inside. That's the theory.

In practical way, he's like a little Mourinho, he burns his dressing rooms, always throw the players under the bus (did it at Roma, Marseille and Lyon).

Lyon were in EL with him, and except the game against City, he made nothing with them, especially in Ligue 1.

Defensive minded, just poor man management. We just don't need him. Blanc is 10 times the manager Garcia is.

The only good thing about him, is that he will throw missiles during press conferences before Pool and City, just to get our favors, but he's absolutely poor.

Look, if he's to become our interim coach, I will not watch a single second of our remaining games until July. He's as pathetic as the ones who wanted to interview him.

HailtotheKing

He likes to play 4-3-3, with a defensive midfielder, two 8s and two wingers that cut inside. That's the theory.

In practical way, he's like a little Mourinho, he burns his dressing rooms, always throw the players under the bus (did it at Roma, Marseille and Lyon).

Lyon were in EL with him, and except the game against City, he made nothing with them, especially in Ligue 1.

Defensive minded, just poor man management. We just don't need him. Blanc is 10 times the manager Garcia is.

The only good thing about him, is that he will throw missiles during press conferences before Pool and City, just to get our favors, but he's absolutely poor.

Look, if he's to become our interim coach, I will not watch a single second of our remaining games until July. He's as pathetic as the ones who wanted to interview him.
Wow, sounds great. Let's hope it's not him then if we decide to go with an interim. Personally, I'd like Rangnick then Ten Hag. Or Valverde then Poch. But I'd be happy with any of those combinations to be honest, or Poch right now. I just don't want to throw away our season when we have such a good squad.