Rugby 2019 Discussion

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
It was truly baffling that Anscombe stayed on the field for as long as he did.

Offsideagain

I think he did his acl when he took a conversion but tried to run it off. That made it worse and he wasn’t even sprinting when it went. Great shame for the lad and Wales. On the other hand, England have an embarrassment of riches particularly in the back five of the scrum. Doesn’t necessarily mean they will win the WC though. A WC winner is joining my local rugby club as a none playing member having moved into the area.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Scott Barrett has been suspended for 3 weeks as a result of his red card against Australia on Saturday.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I don't disagree with Scott Johnson: https://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/...p/news-story/c1c0d6f0f7a5bb1f6fb8c6b496367eda

The Aussie media respond to suggestions in New Zealand that Australia got away with foul play that was unpunished: https://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/...s/news-story/3e5a2d70373bf5ce5eb4677657d49497

Article on Australia's new selection panel that has worked well thus far: https://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/...s/news-story/0928ca8064883bb76108bedf85e1738c

Piece on new Wallabies attack coach Shaun Berne: https://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/...e/news-story/dfacea0879b7506ec6851b037e07dffa

Last edited:

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Cooney, Bealham and Haley cut from the Irish squad.

Carbery included with a 4-6 week recovery time suggested.

Huge, huge chance for Jack Carty now given the extra playing time he'll get in the next few fixtures.

Also, Cooney being cut is interesting because there was a theory he'd be brought to cover 9 and 10 if Carbery looked dodgy.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I feel like the Wallabies genuinely can win at Eden Park but I'm still in the expect the worst, hope for the best mindset.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Brutal conditions.

You'd wonder how much this will change each team's tactics. If the conditions were good, it would have been very interesting to see if the Aussies backed themselves and went for it like last weekend.

Likely to be a very different game now with lots of handling errors.

Last edited:

diarm

Australia are in for a hiding here if they don't wake up soon.

Ardie Savea has been immense in that first 14 minutes. AB's kicking much better this weekend too.

diarm

Nice of Australia to listen to me.

If you concede a penalty, let alone two that close to the line when defending the tryline, it should be an automatic penalty try.

It's the equivalent of last man in football. You're using foul play to prevent a try.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Nice of Australia to listen to me.

If you concede a penalty, let alone two that close to the line when defending the tryline, it should be an automatic penalty try.

It's the equivalent of last man in football. You're using foul play to prevent a try.
Yup. There were a few more too the ref didn't spot that slowed the ball.

diarm

Australian pack haven't been bad to be fair. Not has Nic White.

I'd imagine everyone behind that will be frightened of going into the changing room at halftime.

diarm

How good was Ardie Savea! Incredible workrate from him today!

freeurmind

weak willed
What a reaction. Aussies weren't that bad but NZ were so clinical and immense on scramble defence.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Thanks. I had a bad feeling the moment it started pissing down at Eden Park. The Wallabies were thoroughly outplayed by a team that knew how to play to the conditions. On the All Blacks side of things, Ardie Savea and squeaky voice Aaron Smith were brilliant. It was as if some of their players took last week's result as a personal stain on their dignity as All Blacks.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Apologies to all Irish supporters for playing the All Blacks back into form with a potential World Cup quarter final meeting in mind.

freeurmind

weak willed
Six Nations have had Squidge Rugby's youtube channel shut down. :nono:

Stuff like this confuses me. He's not showing live games just analysis of highlights. How do they lose revenue from this? Having that channel taken down won't get the 6N a single extra penny in revenue. It's like these people hate us fans.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Always enjoy the analysis and humour on offer in Squidge's videos. Such a shame.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Stuff like this confuses me. He's not showing live games just analysis of highlights. How do they lose revenue from this? Having that channel taken down won't get the 6N a single extra penny in revenue. It's like these people hate us fans.
I would have thought it falls under Fair Use too.

Can't fault a man who hates Folau and loves Wyn Jones that much :D

RedDevilRoshi

FFS Scotland! This is a disgrace!

I said at the time when we changed head coach we were making a massive mistake in taking Townsend after all the fantastic work Cotter had done.

This year's Six Nations and the absolute shambles I am witnessing against France, I'm not convinced I was wrong.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
FFS Scotland! This is a disgrace!

I said at the time when we changed head coach we were making a massive mistake in taking Townsend after all the fantastic work Cotter had done.

This year's Six Nations and the absolute shambles I am witnessing against France, I'm not convinced I was wrong.
Why did Cotter leave?