Rugby 2019 Discussion

RedDevilRoshi

Typical game of two halves.

French should be ashamed of themselves after that 2nd half collapse.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I hope, somewhat against hope that Italy's future in the 6 Nations isn't a discussion point this tournament.

RedDevilRoshi

Vitally important Scotland win with a bonus point today against Italy.

Number of injuries is my major concern though. The Gray brothers, Watson, Maitland & Barclay are huge misses. Depth is still strong but not the greatest.

Big day for Blair Kinghorn. Kingy has been in fine form for the Burgh this season and deserves his start today and I hope he does well!

Reiver

What the he'll France
Vitally important Scotland win with a bonus point today against Italy.

Number of injuries is my major concern though. The Gray brothers, Watson, Maitland & Barclay are huge misses. Depth is still strong but not the greatest.

Big day for Blair Kinghorn. Kingy has been in fine form for the Burgh this season and deserves his start today and I hope he does well!
I'm relatively confident. Just hope the team is ready to grind it out in the early stages. Equally, they need to be focussed on not have an eye on next week. As you say, bonus point victory is a must, especially for a top half finish.
No more injuries, especially at hooker would be good.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
It's probably fair to say that today is Italy's championship. They might fancy France at home on the last day but they're likely to have been ground down by that stage due to lack of depth. Unfortunately for them, it's easy to imagine it following the usual pattern of flying out of the blocks and falling apart after the 50th min. Probably a comfortable Scotland win at the end.

I wonder after last night too if they might change their priorities and target Wales at home for a big push. I'm sure Wales will improve but Italy might fancy it after watching last night.

Thisistheone

Gonna try and be positive & say that its encouraging Wales can play so bad and still win away. Italy next should mean 2 out of 2 and then its England at home.

rednotled

That was a great switch from Laidlaw (I think) - the pass was fired at a hell of a rate.

diarm

Ireland u20s also beat England u20s in a hell of a game it seems... down by 11 points on two occasions.
Huge win for our young lads. Wasn't expecting a result there at all!

I think the English side had something like 9 established Premiership players in it and every one of them a monster. I know we have some great talent in the U20's but honestly I expected us to be overpowered last night.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Huge win for our young lads. Wasn't expecting a result there at all!

I think the English side had something like 9 established Premiership players in it and every one of them a monster. I know we have some great talent in the U20's but honestly I expected us to be overpowered last night.
I think most people didn't! And a Connacht lad got MOTM :cool:

rednotled

I was wondering why one of the Italian players (Ian Mckinley) was wearing goggles, so I googled him.

Bloody hell what an amazing story. That lad has been through the mill for sure.

rednotled

Mini comeback from Italy with the Scots down to 14 men.

Too little, too late.

6N: Ireland vs England

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
@unchanged_lineup - you feeling confident for todays game?

I think you'll have a bit too much for 'em. I'm going for an Ireland win by 10 points.
Reasonably confident I'd say, also considering the home advantage. It'll still be nervy as hell though