Rugby 2020 discussion

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
After so many great matches in the tournament so far, this Connacht Bristol match is ridiculously scrappy. The conditions aren't even that Sportsgroundy either :lol:

28mins and no scores. Loads of lost lineouts from both teams though.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Connacht down by 9 with no time left, win a penalty and can get a bonus point by taking an easy three points. A try won't change a thing, they'll still lose.

Opt for a scrum despite Tiernan O'Halloran pointing this out, nearly make it in the corner but tackled into touch. Argh.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Some interesting Pro <insert number> news today.

Looks like Cheetahs and Kings are just outright cut.
No great surprise to be honest. This was on the cards once super rugby as we knew came to a halt in June. Do you expect the SA teams to then eligible for the Champions Cup? For what it's worth, the Sharks and Stormers were the strongest of the South African teams before the 15 team super rugby comp ended ealier this year.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
No great surprise to be honest. This was on the cards once super rugby as we knew came to a halt in June. Do you expect the SA teams to then eligible for the Champions Cup? For what it's worth, the Sharks and Stormers were the strongest of the South African teams before the 15 team super rugby comp ended ealier this year.
Probably not in Champions Cup, but who knows?

As long as everyone fields decent strength teams in this competition and takes it seriously, it could work out really well. Fingers crossed.

diarm

The only issue I have is that I hate the conference model. It rarely results in a tournament worth watching.

I'd prefer to see a two tiers of 10 format developed with promotion and relegation. Between the 5 countries currently involved we already have 18 sides so we could look at inviting a side from a couple of developing nations to be involved and create a proper two division setup.

The arguments would start when deciding who went into which league in year one but that could be worked out.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
The only issue I have is that I hate the conference model. It rarely results in a tournament worth watching.

I'd prefer to see a two tiers of 10 format developed with promotion and relegation. Between the 5 countries currently involved we already have 18 sides so we could look at inviting a side from a couple of developing nations to be involved and create a proper two division setup.

The arguments would start when deciding who went into which league in year one but that could be worked out.
They'll have to find out some way to balance the schedule alright or teams will either burn out or field weakened teams in some matches out of necessity.

freeurmind

weak willed
Hope this is just a once-off. No idea how anyone is planning tournaments with this pandemic going on.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Bruising match between Wasps and Exeter. Exeter missing a bunch of forwards and getting outmuscled so far