Rugby 2020 discussion

Reiver

Ulster gave a good account of themselves but, as the poster above says, Leinster are a different level from the rest right now.

arnie_ni

Commiserations. There was just no change out of their defence whatsoever after the first five minutes.
I was expecting a hammering tbh. The first 5 or 10 mins gave us false hope.

Probably the best club side in the world atm id imagine.

Would love to see a wee winner of northern hemisphere vs southern in a one-off game to end the seasons.

Thisistheone

I was expecting a hammering tbh. The first 5 or 10 mins gave us false hope.

Probably the best club side in the world atm id imagine.

Would love to see a wee winner of northern hemisphere vs southern in a one-off game to end the seasons.
Crusaders v Leinster would be something :devil:

diarm

The Leinster conveyor belt is something else. So much talent in that squad
It's fecking ridiculous. They have options in the backrow alone that would put most countries to shame.

Connors, Ruddock, Murphy
Leavy, Van der Flier, Penny
Doris, Deegan, Conan

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
As things stand, there will be a Rugby Championship taking place in Australia starting on November 7 and ending on December 12. I must stress, the whole 'as things stand' elelement.

Thisistheone

It's fecking ridiculous. They have options in the backrow alone that would put most countries to shame.

Connors, Ruddock, Murphy
Leavy, Van der Flier, Penny
Doris, Deegan, Conan
Outrageously strong

Thisistheone

Man alive the Boks are having some bad luck with injuries. Pollard and RG Snyman out with ACL's and others injured include Peter Steph Du Toit, Etzebeth & De Jager.

diarm

Few big players could be bowing out here. Healy and Sexton look a shadow of their former selves and Sarries are just grinding Leinster into the dust.

Thisistheone

I think Jacob Stockdale would make my step look something else. The fella never saw a dummy he didn't want to be sold.
Ha well Stockdale isn't the first and won't be the last player getting skinned by Kolbe. Owen Farrell probably still has nightmares.

Traub

Got my British and Irish lions tickets for both tests in Johannesburg next year. Demand obviously wasn’t that high. I really hope things are back to normal by then!

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
What a finish to the game, to have the power to hit it from 65 only to hit the post feck, the ref was inconsistent as feck with the advantages near the end he calls advantage over after the Aussies lost the ball after gaining only 5 yards in there own 20.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
What a finish to the game, to have the power to hit it from 65 only to hit the post feck, the ref was inconsistent as feck with the advantages near the end he calls advantage over after the Aussies lost the ball after gaining only 5 yards in there own 20.
I don't want to 'go there' per se but they've done away with neutral refs for the first two Bledisloe Cup tests. Ironically, Angus Gardner, missed what appared to be a foot in touch from Rieko Ioane before New Zealand's first try. It would be worth pointing out that the Wallabies lost a lineout on their own throw before the aforementioned foot in touch. James O'Connor missed a regulation shot at goal to turn 8-3 into 8-6 and the AB's scored a minute or two later.

I'm happy with the effort the Wallabies, just not the result. Neither side seemed to want to win the game via a drop goal which both coaches which will leave both coaches a bit miffed.

Zoo

Some are labelling him the new Lomu which is unfair but he's certainly a handful alright.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam

Some are labelling him the new Lomu which is unfair but he's certainly a handful alright.
I'm watching a lot of NFL highlights these days (matches are too late and there are great highlights packages on YouTube the next day). Serious Running Back vibes off him.

6N: Ireland vs Italy

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Sick Nations is back. Yup, that's the typo my brain spat out when I tried to type "Six", so I'm running with it :D

Hard to expect anything more than Ireland smashing Italy today, but how much of a false hope is it going to give us that we can get back into the running this year?

Also, how long before the championship gets put on hold again.....