Rugby 2020 discussion

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
England seriously impressive yesterday and France good value for their win against us. Ntamack is something else.
I think Dupont is playing brilliantly too. Seems to instinctively understand when to ramp up intensity or slow and kick.

diarm

There were real concerns that the game between Italy and Ireland next week might be postponed due to this coronavirus outbreak. Authorities have decided to allow the game to proceed as scheduled however, after determining it was highly unlikely any Irish players would be able to catch anything anyway.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
There were real concerns that the game between Italy and Ireland next week might be postponed due to this coronavirus outbreak. Authorities have decided to allow the game to proceed as scheduled however, after determining it was highly unlikely any Irish players would be able to catch anything anyway.
Is it not in two weeks time? There is a break this weekend. If it gets worse then I would say they could call it. I wouldnt say there is a fear that the players will contract the virus but the fact that a few thousand fans would travel and be much more likely to contract it and bring it back to Ireland would be the fear.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Is it not in two weeks time? There is a break this weekend. If it gets worse then I would say they could call it. I wouldnt say there is a fear that the players will contract the virus but the fact that a few thousand fans would travel and be much more likely to contract it and bring it back to Ireland would be the fear.
Perhaps read the last line again...

Thisistheone

I think Dupont is playing brilliantly too. Seems to instinctively understand when to ramp up intensity or slow and kick.
Totally agree. Love Dupont as well. France should have a world class 9-10 axis for the next decade.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
Totally agree. Love Dupont as well. France should have a world class 9-10 axis for the next decade.
I had questions around the consistency of Ntamack but I didnt realise he was so young. If both can stay fit I see France getting back to being a super power in Rugby soon.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I had questions around the consistency of Ntamack but I didnt realise he was so young. If both can stay fit I see France getting back to being a super power in Rugby soon.
The fact that he started for Toulouse and then was a starter for France at the WC, makes people forget that he is 20 by Rugby standards he is a baby. The good and bad thing though is that he isn't the only 10 or 12 in his age class, Vincent put himself in the competition as a starting center which is where Ntamack generally plays for Toulouse while Jalibert, Carbonel and Barassi are in the same bracket in terms of talent, they are all between 20 and 21 years old. For the 9 Dupont will most likely be in a competition with Couilloud, behind them the likes of Gimbert and Covill are also talented.

The worry now is that we may have too much talent and hopefully the staff isn't trigger happy, these players are very young for international level and they will most likely be inconsistent for a while.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Boom! Very good

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I remember watching his dad play....he’s pretty young

ChrisNelson

Ireland match called off due to the obvious.

Ridiculous decision if you ask me. Why not either ban away fans or play the game behind closed doors? Test the Italy players and staff on arrival?

Whole world may as well lock door and stop inside until we're told it's gone away.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Apologies for those who are squirmish but.....

Last edited:

RedDevilRoshi

Ireland match called off due to the obvious.

Ridiculous decision if you ask me. Why not either ban away fans or play the game behind closed doors? Test the Italy players and staff on arrival?

Whole world may as well lock door and stop inside until we're told it's gone away.
What happens now? Does the match get replayed (if so when) or does it end as a 0-0 draw?

arnie_ni

Love when farrell gives away pointless penalties for being a wanker. Not sure there is anyone in rugby i detest more

Hephaestus

Love when farrell gives away pointless penalties for being a wanker. Not sure there is anyone in rugby i detest more
Not sure there is anyone in sport I detest more. Then you have Marler grabbing AWJ's balls and getting away with it, guess the team takes after their captain...

arnie_ni

Not sure there is anyone in sport I detest more. Then you have Marler grabbing AWJ's balls and getting away with it, guess the team takes after their captain...
I didnt want to go overboard because it was just after a penalty that summed his rugby personality up, but yea, if agree with "in sports".

Do the English like him?

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I didnt want to go overboard because it was just after a penalty that summed his rugby personality up, but yea, if agree with "in sports".

Do the English like him?
He’s a fine young chap.

That Dan Biggar though.....

Hephaestus

Think it's a decent game myself. England doing basics well, Wales not.

North and Parkes (who I've never rated) add very, very little though.

Josh Adams a big miss.
I love North but he's a shadow of his past self.

Do the English like him?
I think there's an element of "he's a dickhead but he's our dickhead". Kind of feel like if he ever played against them, they'd immediately hate him. Like Suarez v Liverpool last year.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I love North but he's a shadow of his past self.

I think there's an element of "he's a dickhead but he's our dickhead". Kind of feel like if he ever played against them, they'd immediately hate him. Like Suarez v Liverpool last year.
North needs ball quicker to his wing so he either has space or at worst, 1 v 1 with a little room. Then, his pace and size can help and he's got a good swerve at speed.

When it's slow and he's getting ball close to the touchline with a couple of opposing players close, he'll do little (he doesn't have the jinky moves/feet).

dbs235

As an England fan I'll happily admit that was quality by Wales :lol: FFS.