Rugby 2020 discussion

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Game.

That original break came from another Welsh kick which was nowhere near high enough and allows catching player plenty of time.

England have made their kicks much more of a contest throughout. Doing basics better and taking opportunities

And yet again, Wales will speed things up (which makes them a better team) too late.

TMO has a fair share today too. Marler should have got something.
Ahuh.

To be honest, if he red cards that (and he should), they should have looked at the Curry tackle on Biggar in first minute. Doesnt get Biggars head but no arms either. (Not a red but not a tackle either)

I don't want games reffed by video but TMOs need to shout up sometimes.

Good game overall, best team won (or will do).

A fecking red?????
Red Card
  • Shoulder charge (no arms tackle) direct to the head or neck of the ball carrier.
A few years ago, maybe a yellow. Under latest rules (and all the concussion stories in sport over the last ten years has (rightly) brought them in), it's a red. Nice to see no malice... typical of rugby players

paulscholes18

Red Card
  • Shoulder charge (no arms tackle) direct to the head or neck of the ball carrier.
A few years ago, maybe a yellow. Under latest rules (and all the concussion stories in sport over the last ten years has (rightly) brought them in), it's a red. Nice to see no malice... typical of rugby players
But surly the players body position should come into play? Had he been upright the shoulder would have been no where near his head

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Red Card
Yep, I know the letter of the law. My issue is that he’s running at full pace and the ball-carrier is upright,. As the ball-carrier is tackled he drops, and when Tuilagi’s tackle hits his head his head in about 2/3 ft off the floor. Tuilagi’s not aimed for his head, there’s no way he can readjust in that time....the guys on the way down. Do him for not wrapping, fair enough. But if the player’s on the way down and his head is at waist height at the time of contact, it’s stupid to do the tackler for contact with the head.
I’d say this regardless of the colour of the shirt btw

Last edited:

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Bloody Caf autocorrect changing Tuilagi’s first name to Man Utd :lol: :lol: :lol:

But surly the players body position should come into play? Had he been upright the shoulder would have been no where near his head
No.
Yep, I know the letter of the law. My issue is that he’s running at full pace and the ball-carrier is upright,. As the ball-carrier is tackled he drops, and when Tuilagi’s tackle hits his head his head in about 2/3 ft off the floor. Tuilagi’s not aimed for his head, there’s no way he can readjust in that time....the guys on the way down. Do him for not wrapping, fair enough. But if the player’s on the way down and his head is at waist height at the time of contact, it’s stupid to do the tackler for contact with the head.
I’d say this regardless of the colour of the shirt btw
I get you. When I played, I'd have got a pat on the back for tacking like that but the red card rules last year gave refs clearer direction on when a red is appropriate. I agree about the head dip but responsibility is on the tackler... same as in football with dangerous tackles. I don't think the arms/wrapping is the issue, it's the control (or lack of it) and safeguarding players.
  • High tackle with any contact between the tackler’s shoulder or head and the Ball Carrier’s head or neck, with high degree of danger.
  • High tackle with first contact from the tackler’s arm, direct to the BC’s head or neck, with high degree of danger.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Go on Scotland. France have been nowhere near as good as their results have implied.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
imo.... I'd yellow him. It's the rules that allow refs less ambiguity?

You could clearly hear them going through the checklist... "force?" tick, "head?" tick.

If they lose this/a slam, I wouldn't like to be that lad when he next meets Shaun Edwards stare.
I’ve just caught myself saying to my son, “10 years ago that’d have been a yellow”. I’m right though, it would have been. Shit punch as well

Scotland playing well but I think the red is the only way they'd win this (and I'm not convinced they will yet).

France have always had flair, physicality, technique but were missing structure/organised defence which Shaun Edwards has (unfortunately) brought to the table. What he can't do is stop "forwards being forwards" :rolleyes:.

Sacre bleu.

RedDevilRoshi

Good 1st half performance. Leading the game at HT with a man advantage (God knows what was running through that French number 3’s head). Just hope to God for once we don’t f*** this up. The game is there for us to win it now.