Rugby League | 2020

MUM

I've told the family that even though I promised the Leicester game was my last take over of the TV.
I've had to tell them that next Sunday is Saints Day!
To any none believer's it's:

Saints v Catalan 3.30pm.
408 Sky Sports ArenaHD.

COYS

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I've told the family that even though I promised the Leicester game was my last take over of the TV.
I've had to tell them that next Sunday is Saints Day!
To any none believer's it's:

Saints v Catalan 3.30pm.
408 Sky Sports ArenaHD.

COYS
I'll be living at my parents' most weekends as I don't have Sky nor a reliable way of streaming their channels.

The Wofpack situation is a spanner in the works but I'm just happy to have any RL back. It'll be an odd season but let's have it.

MUM

Brilliant performance from Saints. Looking more like the Saints of last year and playing the faster game we all enjoy now the 'scrum' has been abolished.

COYS

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Crazy game between Huddersfield and Leeds with Hudds being 26-6 up after 66mins and Leeds a player in the bin. Leeds ended up winning in golden point.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Wigan just snuck past Wakefield. There were too many errors from both sides in a stop-start first half, but I think Wakefield made a few more and Wigan showed flashes of class to get a coupe of scores clear.

Second half Bibby scored to put us 22-6 up after 50-odd minutes and we were looking for maybe one more try to seal it. Then they came roaring back, we looked gassed and out of ideas with the ball, and were not quite as solid defensively as we had been. We hung on like grim death, Tony Gigot missed a couple of conversions and Harry Smith snuck a good drop goal over to make it 16-23, which became 22-23 and set up a nail-biting final 90 seconds.

Overall we can be very happy with the two points and some of our quality attacking moves coming back after a long lay off, but it was a scratchy performance; we lost control of the game in the second half and ended up collapsing over the finish line. Kudos to Trinity who battled hard and scored an amazing try on the touchline through Tom Johnstone.

Now I hope Saints and Leeds knock seven shades out of each other.

MUM

Brilliant from Saints, speed and power won the day. Leeds had never been nilled at Headingley, so to come home victorious 0-48, says it all. Special mention must go to the Welsh wizard, Regan Grace, I don't think you'd see a better hattrick than Regan's.
Bring on Wigoon!

COYS

MUM

Great, hard fought game against Castleford today, one of the best I've seen for a while, but Saints found the formula to win yet again.
To nil Cas today, shows just how good Saints have been since the Covid comeback. Credit to Castleford.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Wigan still finishing off while United are on. A plague on the house of whichever twat scheduled these matches :mad:

MUM

Great again from Saints, leap over Wigoon to the top of the table.
Fast again from Saints, great defence, this team will need some beating otherwise it's Grand final winners again! Long shot I know, but it's looking good ;)

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Great again from Saints, leap over Wigoon to the top of the table.
Fast again from Saints, great defence, this team will need some beating otherwise it's Grand final winners again! Long shot I know, but it's looking good ;)
Yep Wigan were shite against Hull KR. We had a few out and Gildart just coming back but they made five changes and won comfortably. Some of the defending was beyond pathetic, it needs to improve if we're to do anything at all this year.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
The new points percentage league table is an... interesting development:

To be fair while I'm no fan of the RFL they're clearly scrambling like crazy to have some kind of viable competition to put on the telly. The season has been thrown into so much turmoil I'm willing to suspend my grumbling about the whys and wherefores of the new rules and just get behind the sport this year, as UK RL looks to be facing a genuinely existential crisis here.

MUM

Understandable under current Covid situation even if it does mean they have leapfrogged Saints!
Bigger problem will be how many clubs will need to repay money back to Sky TV, due to not completing the games to contract obligations? That could see a few go bust.

Last edited:

Northstand

Great win for Warrington, despite missing 9 players tonight. Went ahead for the first time in the game after 78 minutes, which was tough on Cas but showed so much belief and character.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
A crowd at the Gilbert Brutus, brings a tear to the eye. Now let's have a proper performance after that rubbish last week.

MUM

Big game on BBC One this Saturday at 2.00pm (GMT)

Challenge Cup, Quarter Final

Warrington v Saints.

COYS

MUM

Saints lose to Wire :( (18 - 20 )
Well that was a big disappointment being beat by a header? John Harrison 6ft 7in, headed a ball forward for George Mann to score for Saints against Sheffield!

John, being a big United fan, will remember our coach trip down to see United beat Palace in the 1990 FA Cup replay with the great Lee Martin ;) scoring the winner.

Happy Days, let's get it done today.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Good for Salford. Wigan stank the place out after resting players against Saints. Absolute garbage today.

MUM

Yes great win by Salford, hope they go on to win the cup. Ian Watson has done wonders at the club.

MUM

Saints looking like their championship best tonight. Better teams are coming up in the coming weeks, but Saints seem to be getting their act together for the title. I just hope I'm right on this one!

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
No Springboks at the Rugby Championship :(

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
No Springboks at the Rugby Championship :(

feck the Springboks and feck the Castle Lager Rugby Champs, whatever that is :smirk:

If it's not impoverished people watching a very marginal sport in the M62 corridor (and a bit of the south of France) it's the wrong thread I'm afraid.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
feck the Springboks and feck the Castle Lager Rugby Champs, whatever that is :smirk:

If it's not impoverished people watching a very marginal sport in the M62 corridor (and a bit of the south of France) it's the wrong thread I'm afraid.
Oh is this not the general Rugby thread? I only follow them so apologies if this is for the England/France national leagues :wenger:

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Rugby league is so good. Have been following the NRL Australia this season and it's been incredible

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
After beating Saints with a good display to go top the other day, Wigan decide to bring us back down to earth by unveiling this beautiful new crest :wenger::

I liked having a bit of clutter on our old heraldic-style crest, but we've gone wit ha very basic design like most other clubs seem to have done.

MUM

After beating Saints with a good display to go top the other day, Wigan decide to bring us back down to earth by unveiling this beautiful new crest :wenger::

I liked having a bit of clutter on our old heraldic-style crest, but we've gone wit ha very basic design like most other clubs seem to have done.
You'll not be saying that next Friday ;)
Super League Grand Final,
Sky sports main event, next Friday night from 7.30pm (GMT).

The Battle of Battle's.

Saints v Wigoon

COYS

Last edited:

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
You'll not be saying that next Friday ;)
Super League Grand Final,
Sky sports main event, next Friday night from 7.30pm (GMT).

The Battle of Battle's.

Saints v Wigoon

COYS
True, we won't be beating you to go top next time...

Here's to a great game and more crying from your mob.

MUM

True, we won't be beating you to go top next time...

Here's to a great game and more crying from your mob.
Now, now, we won't cry, we'll beat the pie's.
We know it's going to be a cracker for the sport, but you just stock up on the kleenex, your partner won't want the bed sheets wet ;)

COYS

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Now, now, we won't cry, we'll beat the pie's.
We know it's going to be a cracker for the sport, but you just stock up on the kleenex, your partner won't want the bed sheets wet ;)

COYS
Many congratulations, that was a hell of game. I could moan about a couple of game management decisions from us (giving Zak a kick from halfway when we could have driven it for a drop and French deciding not to punch the fecker into the Humber at the end) but can't complain about you being worthy champions after that.

Enjoy, and see you next time.

MUM

Many congratulations, that was a hell of game. I could moan about a couple of game management decisions from us (giving Zak a kick from halfway when we could have driven it for a drop and French deciding not to punch the fecker into the Humber at the end) but can't complain about you being worthy champions after that.

Enjoy, and see you next time.
Cheers, it was one of the best games ever was that.

No quarter given and the defensive effort from both teams was outstanding, a credit to them both.

For us to snatch it at the death due to a rare mistake by French, to allow the ever eager Welsby to pounce was a shock for us all even Johnny Vegas!