Rugby Union 21/22/23 Discussion | RWC time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Offsideagain

Water boys still hanging around coaching for all the teams yesterday. The Irish gave a masterclass in time wasting when they got ahead, but everybody does it. It’s getting boring with one minute scrums, 90 seconds per penalty, collapsed scrums during sinbin time and, worst of all, checking every try over and over again. 80 minutes is turning into 120 minutes.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Good to see a verdict in the Rassie Erasmus case has been announced.

Last edited:

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I'd lost track of this story and was just reading about it all there.

What the hell was he up to with the Waterboy shenanigans? :lol:
Yeah, I opened 'theroar.com.au' rugby section first thing and saw 4 articles about it. I thought the verdict would come after the weekend's tests. Not surprised at all that SARU and Erasmus are appealing.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Wow, what a game! Steward's take there was phenomenal.

freeurmind

weak willed
Disappointing for us not to win in the end, we did more than enough in the second half. Need to be more clinical and need to figure out what is worng with Handre Pollard.
Etzebeth massive again, difintely player of the year for us.
All things considered, a successful year for SA rugby and a good platform to build on going into the defence of the Wrold Cup.

Phurry

Furry Fecker
Disappointing for us not to win in the end, we did more than enough in the second half. Need to be more clinical and need to figure out what is worng with Handre Pollard.
Etzebeth massive again, difintely player of the year for us.
All things considered, a successful year for SA rugby and a good platform to build on going into the defence of the Wrold Cup.
I’m in Swellendam currently….the bar opposite got very excited at about 72mins…then very quiet 8 mins later :lol:

Zoo

All Blacks are being crushed by the French. Can’t help but feel that by promoting within to succeed Hansen that they have made a big mistake.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Not surprised at all by the NZ performance,they have been on the road for a while now and frankly they were absolutely shocking last week & lucky to not lose by more.

Zoo

The French are a joy when on song. It’s just beautiful

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Same.

Ps: Dupont is one of the best scrum halves I’ve ever seen and he’s still only 25.
He still needs to manage rucks better and understand that nowadays you can't put your hand on the ball unless you know where to go. He caused Ioane's try with a silly turnover.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
France were brilliant. The All Blacks were outplayed again and not for the first time this year. Fiji rattled them for an hour, the Boks rattled them in two games, beating them once while Ireland and France have now beaten them pretty soundly. What should alarm All Blacks supporters is this result wasn't a shock.

This All Blacks side is a shadow of the team that looked so brilliant for much of Steve Hansen's time as head coach. Since Wayne Smith left the coaching set up for good 4 years ago, the air of invincibility has dropped. They look and feel beatable if you don't play into their hands by giving them counter attacking opportunities to feast on.

It seems as if the level of personnel in the All Blacks side has dropped as well. Genuine question: How many All Blacks would get into a World XV? Will Jordan, Ardie Savea, Sam Whitelock and Brodie Retallick would come under consideration but maybe two of that group would get in.

Ian Foster is extremely lucky his contract was extended to the 2023 World Cup back in August. If it wasn't he'd be on shaky ground. Many Kiwis on theroar.com.au made the point that extending Foster's contract before the year was out was a questionable call and they've been proven right.

Australia and South Africa have shown that a coach doesn't need 4 years to win a World Cup, it can be done in two. Scott Robertson, who should have replaced Steve Hansen, is ready for the job. Will NZR swallow some pride and give 'Razor' the job he should have been offered two years ago? That's the big question.

JPRouve

Scout
France were brilliant. The All Blacks were outplayed again and not for the first time this year. Fiji rattled them for an hour, the Boks rattled them in two games, beating them once while Ireland and France have now beaten them pretty soundly. What should alarm All Blacks supporters is this result wasn't a shock.

This All Blacks side is a shadow of the team that looked so brilliant for much of Steve Hansen's time as head coach. Since Wayne Smith left the coaching set up for good 4 years ago, the air of invincibility has dropped. They look and feel beatable if you don't play into their hands by giving them counter attacking opportunities to feast on.

It seems as if the level of personnel in the All Blacks side has dropped as well. Genuine question: How many All Blacks would get into a World XV? Will Jordan, Ardie Savea, Sam Whitelock and Brodie Retallick would come under consideration but maybe two of that group would get in.

Ian Foster is extremely lucky his contract was extended to the 2023 World Cup back in August. If it wasn't he'd be on shaky ground. Many Kiwis on theroar.com.au made the point that extending Foster's contract before the year was out was a questionable call and they've been proven right.

Australia and South Africa have shown that a coach doesn't need 4 years to win a World Cup, it can be done in two. Scott Robertson, who should have replaced Steve Hansen, is ready for the job. Will NZR swallow some pride and give 'Razor' the job he should have been offered two years ago? That's the big question.
Don't give them ideas, the NZRU will poach McMillan from the Chiefs or they will make the Crusaders poach him. :(

diarm

God I hate that Squidge guy.

I'm no great Sexton fan - not with that big, mouldy Leinster head on him.

But if I ever had to watch another video of that scrawny nerd spend 15 minutes making
jokes about him having the word sex in his name, I'd put my fist through the screen.

JPRouve

Scout
@diarm Do you follow Geraint Davies channel? I like his videos and don't really care for your lad, Squidge.

diarm

@diarm Do you follow Geraint Davies channel? I like his videos and don't really care for your lad, Squidge.

I don't but I will check him out.

I used to love the two boys on the 1014, but then they got bought out by some NZ tv network and you don't see any of their stuff online anymore.

JPRouve

Scout
I don't but I will check him out.

I used to love the two boys on the 1014, but then they got bought out by some NZ tv network and you don't see any of their stuff online anymore.
You need to get used to that thick welsh accent though. :lol:

Offsideagain

The Welsh v Aussies game was the worst piece of Referring for a long time. The Welsh got away with murder. Beale binned for a slap down, the Welsh got 7 points from a slap down. The Welsh prop clearly punched the Aussie on the ground and the Ref said he was ‘wrapping around’ now that’s a bit difficult when a bloke is on the floor. Shocking decisions. If the ref doesn’t lose his status then the game is in trouble. I’m English so have no love for either side. My love of the game though makes me expect a fair contest and this wasn’t by a long chalk.
The French were great and the Blacks only played in patches. The tour has taken its toll, they looked knackered I. The second half.

MUFC OK

Great officiating in the Ireland game, clear red card correctly given to Lavannini - horrible attempt.

Don’t understand how football, with all the money in the game continues to get it so wrong so often.

Offsideagain

Great officiating in the Ireland game, clear red card correctly given to Lavannini - horrible attempt.

Don’t understand how football, with all the money in the game continues to get it so wrong so often.
Because there is so much money in football, the PL don’t want to upset the likes of Man City or Chelsea. Those teams get away with stuff others don’t. The folk that organise VAR are also way behind the times especially given the tech available today. Watching the ref trot over to a 20” screen is a joke, but they daren’t show anything in the big screen as the fans would get upset and start fighting.
Some poor 6yr old kid was the victim of some bloke behind him throwing up all over him at the Wales game. Drunk as a skunk and couldn’t hold it.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
What going to happen with the URC now, and Munster will have to field a pretty weakened team against wasps, but it will push the coaches to field some of the younger players, pity kendellen was on the trip.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
What going to happen with the URC now, and Munster will have to field a pretty weakened team against wasps, but it will push the coaches to field some of the younger players, pity kendellen was on the trip.
munster’ll be alright, wasps are missing about 20 first teamers.

diarm

munster’ll be alright, wasps are missing about 20 first teamers.
Our backline is excellent but the pack and bench, particularly in the tight 5, is very, very callow.

5 debuts with 2 in the front row, one at lock and one at number 8 is a worry. 4 of those 5 are from the U20's and there are another 7 potential debuts off the bench.

None of the 34 who travelled to South Africa are involved, and we have guys like Snyman, Kelly and Edogbo (all locks), Osbourne and Nash out through injury. Hodnett, Chris Farrell and Salanoa are all coming straight in off the back of long term injuries as well.

We'll go over and give it a good lash, and anything better than a 28 point drubbing should be viewed as a win, but I wouldn't be too confident about an upset. 37 players is too many for any club to get by without and if Wasps are smart, they'll keep things tight and murder us up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.