Rugby Union 21/22/23 Discussion | RWC time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan_F

Mitigation? Maybe the fact that the attacker has put his head at elbow level makes a difference.

His arm is literally vertical in a natural position. If it’s unavoidable it shouldn’t be a red.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I'm not sure I can agree with that.
What was he trying to do?
I don't see why he would turn away rather than just tackle normally.
It's his own fault.
Why am I not surprised? I know suspect that you are the lunatic that comes up with these ideas within the IRB. :lol:

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Mitigation? Maybe the fact that the attacker has put his head at elbow level makes a difference.

His arm is literally vertical in a natural position. If it’s unavoidable it shouldn’t be a red.
I'm in a room full of Ireland fans and we all thought it to be harsh.

I get it, but it's really unfortunate. One of them at slow speed that looks awful but at full speed is all a split second.

I get it, but I think my perception of mitigation and the law is probably different.

Thought England were really good the first 25 mins

Dan_F

Upright isn't a tackle position though. That's what they mean about mitigation.
Looked to me like he didn’t want to tackle because the Ireland player was so low.

Rugby has gone overly cautious in my opinion, most rucks are more dangerous than a guy standing upright with his arms by his side.

Edit. In fairness, I’m not talking about the law. Im sure the ref has made the “right” decision by the law.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Red harsh.
But feck yeah it helps us so I'll take it.

Worst half from us in a long time.

JPRouve

Scout
Looked to me like he didn’t want to tackle because the Ireland player was so low.

Rugby has gone overly cautious in my opinion, most rucks are more dangerous than a guy standing upright with his arms by his side.
Especically when it's forgiven to launch yourself into a ruck and refs barely sanction players for it, neck rolls are forbidden and yet it happens in large amount of rucks and not in subtle way. Rugby has gone in a absolutely moronic direction during the last 2 seasons because they harshly sanction actions that are impressive for the casual watcher(highlight watchers) while turning a blind eye to phases of play that are actually dangerous.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam

Edit. In fairness, I’m not talking about the law. Im sure the ref has made the “right” decision by the law.
Yep, it may be that he was trying to avoid a tackle, but that's the bad decision he made. It resulted in Keenan getting a huge whack to his head. Had to be red nowadays.

Dan_F

Yep, it may be that he was trying to avoid a tackle, but that's the bad decision he made. It resulted in Keenan getting a huge whack to his head. Had to be red nowadays.
Sure. He could have tried to tackle and gone shoulder first into the guys head and not been able to wrap. In the time he had to react, I’d argue he had no way of legally making a tackle without putting himself massively at risk.

Dan_F

That would be mitigation then if he'd done that.
Fair enough. But I reckon the Ireland player will be better off tonight than if Steward went shoulder dipped into his head.

I also think trying to pull out of a tackle should constitute mitigation.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Furlong has been a bit shit today, is Doris fully fit after limping off last week, would we have been better off starting Conan and Coombes off the bench.

JPRouve

Scout
The crowd need to help, the nerves from the stands are palpable. Fair play to England.
It's probably the worst atmosphere I have seen at that level. Maybe a game involving the USA in the US could rival it?

JPRouve

Scout
Ireland are going to win easily but the struggle is real.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
We offer nothing from an attacking standpoint. Absolutely nothing. Been that way all tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.