Rugby Union 21/22/23 Discussion | RWC time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

arnie_ni

Hopefully he can push on in 21. Big stage to do it tonight

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
:drool:
Covid-deniers Exeter get battered by wasps. Admittedly Exeter missed plenty of first team players but still unusually to see them get manhandled up front
You had me at "covid deniers" :lol: I saw that video in a tweet during the week. I suppose it was inevitable that someone in world rugby would do a Covid Folau.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
You had me at "covid deniers" :lol: I saw that video in a tweet during the week. I suppose it was inevitable that someone in world rugby would do a Covid Folau.
:lol:
Exeter fulfilling their destiny and replacing Saracens as English rugby’s biggest weapons

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Connacht have been brilliant tonight to beat Leinster at the RDS for the first time ever. Also ending a Leinster win streak of two years in the Pro 14. I've been jumping around the room at some of the scores :lol:
Missed it to study. Obviously I tend to watch premiership and European cups as preference (being English) but what do you think the most watchable domestic competitions are?

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Missed it to study. Obviously I tend to watch premiership and European cups as preference (being English) but what do you think the most watchable domestic competitions are?
I watch a lot of Pro 14 because of the Irish provinces and Connacht are very watchable again this year. Hit a speedbump recently but they're always committed to playing exciting attacking rugby and taking risks, which makes their games sometimes tough on supporters :lol:

Not sure about the quality of other matches in the competition that the Irish teams aren't involved in.

There are also a few Super Rugby folks around here, but I don't get to see much of that with the timezones.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I watch a lot of Pro 14 because of the Irish provinces and Connacht are very watchable again this year. Hit a speedbump recently but they're always committed to playing exciting attacking rugby and taking risks, which makes their games sometimes tough on supporters :lol:

Not sure about the quality of other matches in the competition that the Irish teams aren't involved in.

There are also a few Super Rugby folks around here, but I don't get to see much of that with the timezones.
I’m hoping to watch some of the french domestic league. They seem to have the best teams to watch based on European rugby....capable of scoring or conceding 40-odd points in any given game :lol: I’m just not sure I get it televised

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I know most of you boys follow Euro or Pro14 but if you get a chance, check out the match just finished between Bath and Wasps, mental game of rugby

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The most watchable is Super Rugby, then Top 14. After that I would Pro 14 over Premiership. But honestly Super Rugby is by far the best domestic league(s) even when you consider the current split leagues.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
The most watchable is Super Rugby, then Top 14. After that I would Pro 14 over Premiership. But honestly Super Rugby is by far the best domestic league(s) even when you consider the current split leagues.
Yeah the time zones is a bit of a pain in the arse for Super rugby. And I can’t for love nor money find a way to stream Top14 in the U.K., even on my IPTV which picks up everything from bare-knuckle boxing to Khazak bear-wrestling

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
The Autumn Nations Cup was nigh on unwatchable but the Champions Cup and Gallagher Premiership games I have seen have been decent enough to watch.

Last edited:

RooneyLegend

Super rugby, the New Zealand version that they had going on was quality.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Super rugby, the New Zealand version that they had going on was quality.
It certainly was. As brilliant as they are, it would be nice to see the Crusaders usurped this year though. Super Rugby AU wasn't horrendous but there was still a gulf in quality between the two competitions.

RooneyLegend

It certainly was. As brilliant as they are, it would be nice to see the Crusaders usurped this year though. Super Rugby AU wasn't horrendous but there was still a gulf in quality between the two competitions.
Once the Blues get Barret in the no10 the Crusaders place at the top will be in jeopardy. Only the Blue's have the talent to compete with them. Tuipolotu, Barrett, Ioane × 2, Tuinukuafe, Tuungafasi, Sotutu etc that's as elite a talent group as you can get. With proper coaching they could take over.

Australian club rugby is a mess. Don't bother with that. Simply isn't enough talent. When the talent is there its misused. Just a mess.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
I’m just watching highlights of the 1st game in the infamous 2005 lions tour and thinking some of the tackles going in would be straight reds now, the obvious one on O’Driscoll, but later on in the 1st half umaga straight up flips lewsie down on his shoulders, he would be a bit of a liability in today’s game.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Leinster Munster tonight, hoping it’s better than the Cardiff Llanelli was yesterday

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
On the telly here they've just said Munster haven't lost at home in 47 months.
Some record if true. Good game albeit low scoring. I don’t watch much pro14 but this games been fun. POM and Beirne have been immense for Munster

Status
Not open for further replies.