Rugby Union 21/22/23 Discussion | RWC time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawls

You'll never find, that microfilm of mine
Fair play to La Rochelle there, they were under-rated coming into the final going by the betting odds and their aggressive defence really put Leinster under pressure in a way that Leicester and Toulouse didn't. But it seemed like Leinster had no Plan B plus they never really played with any semblance of belief. For as good as La Rochelle's defence was, Leinster should have coped with it better than they actually did.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Fair play to La Rochelle there, they were under-rated coming into the final going by the betting odds and their aggressive defence really put Leinster under pressure in a way that Leicester and Toulouse didn't. But it seemed like Leinster had no Plan B plus they never really played with any semblance of belief. For as good as La Rochelle's defence was, Leinster should have coped with it better than they actually did.
La Rochelle’s aggression at the breakdown was key. They compete hard for every ball and it slowed Leinsters multiphase game down and nullified it. Chuffed as feck for them and they fully deserved the win

Rawls

You'll never find, that microfilm of mine
La Rochelle’s aggression at the breakdown was key. They compete hard for every ball and it slowed Leinsters multiphase game down and nullified it. Chuffed as feck for them and they fully deserved the win
I agree they did a much better job at slowing Leinster down than any side so far this season but Leinster should have responded better. It seemed to me that Leinster came in with the intention of doing what they had done all season, O'Gara then created a gameplan to counter-act that but Leinster failed to make any adjustments.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I agree they did a much better job at slowing Leinster down than any side so far this season but Leinster should have responded better. It seemed to me that Leinster came in with the intention of doing what they had done all season, O'Gara then created a gameplan to counter-act that but Leinster failed to make any adjustments.
Absolutely, for all the praise they’ve rightly had this season, Sexton & JPG didn’t/couldn’t shape the game as they wanted. I think they’ll regret not kicking to the corner more as their driving maul was causing LAR so much trouble.
Anyway, LAR are very likeable and worthy champs….Leinster will be near the back end of the competition next year again no doubts

diarm

I am so drunk. I spent the entire day in a pub in the middle of Dublin.

Literally every other person in there was a Leinster and Liverpool fan - I'm not sure how I wasn't lynched.

I don't remember much, but I do remember being a complete and utter arsehole all day long.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I am so drunk. I spent the entire day in a pub in the middle of Dublin.

Literally every other person in there was a Leinster and Liverpool fan - I'm not sure how I wasn't lynched.

I don't remember much, but I do remember being a complete and utter arsehole all day long.
:lol: It wasn’t a day for sanctimonious fanbases that’s for sure

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Loads of fascinating stuff in this short interview.

- Leinster's recent matches with Connacht and Leicester gave them "the ammunition" they needed for their strategy
- They considered being only a few points down at half-time to be a win because Leinster are usually ahead by more at halftime when they're playing well
- They we're confident because they knew that they score 60% of their points in the second half
- He also talks about the difference between winning as a player and winning as a coach, and the difficulties of leading a diverse international squad as a coach

diarm

Loads of fascinating stuff in this short interview.

- Leinster's recent matches with Connacht and Leicester gave them "the ammunition" they needed for their strategy
- They considered being only a few points down at half-time to be a win because Leinster are usually ahead by more at halftime when they're playing well
- They we're confident because they knew that they score 60% of their points in the second half
- He also talks about the difference between winning as a player and winning as a coach, and the difficulties of leading a diverse international squad as a coach

I'm so happy for him. What a man!

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
I was literally just about to post something similar. He'd have to be considered next in line for the job, if he wants it at that stage.
I think it's more, hope the job lines up with the time he feels he's ready to be an international coach.
The biggest danger is that the IRFU aren't ready for him when he decides that and he takes another opportunity instead.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Move along, France isn't giving him back.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Ireland can have Cheika after the World Cup - he'll be free as he's only coaching Argentina until their World Cup campaign ends.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
This is a completely weird complaint, and not even a complaint really just a comment, but is there something wrong with URCs media game?

Half the teams on google don't have logos and the wiki page isnt updated

Just find it strange for one of the big 4 Rugby Union leagues.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
This is a completely weird complaint, and not even a complaint really just a comment, but is there something wrong with URCs media game?

I see the same here too.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast

They are useless at promoting the games as well, nothing popping up on social media, or on any channel, missed the game last week because of it.

that was something I never wanted to see just there, with Henderson’s white arse on full display there:lol:

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
No doubt player safety rules are becoming too extreme
It’s interesting to see how it’s played out. The idea was that a lot of cards would encourage teams to tackle lower. The reality is, teams still tackle high to stop offloads and to try to get dominance in the collision. Consequently you get games like Sarries Quins where there’s 4 yellows….and we don’t bat an eyelid. If a game had 4 yellows for one-off challenges a decade ago we’d be talking about it for the rest of the year

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Phil Bennett has died at 73 :(

Not as many caps as he could (should) have had but hard to oust one of the greatest players of all time. When his chance came, he took it. Wales (forming one of the great partnerships with Gareth Edwards), the Lions and memorably, the man who started “the try” for the Baa Baas…

BBC obituary …. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/59951331

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Tigers v Saracens

Tigers are the only team ever to be on top of the table after every round. Be shame if they don't go on to win it now.

They have to win against the evil empire that is Saracens.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Today is a good day: the Super Rugby Pacific, URC and Gallagher Premiership finals are all on today.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
The Crusaders winning a Super Rugby title means one thing....

For the record, the Crusaders beat the Blues 21-7 at Eden Park to win yet another title. The Crusaders dominated possession and territory while making the Blues' set piece look 2nd rate.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
The Crusaders winning a Super Rugby title means one thing....

For the record, the Crusaders beat the Blues 21-7 at Eden Park to win yet another title. The Crusaders dominated possession and territory while making the Blues' set piece look 2nd rate.
Missed this mornings game, was just too early after a shocking night.
How do you see the other 2 going? I can’t see past Sarries today, I think their defence is just too brutal. I don’t watch enough URC to know much about the SA final though. Excited to watch this Roos though, SA fans act like he’s the second coming of Jesus

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Missed this mornings game, was just too early after a shocking night.
How do you see the other 2 going? I can’t see past Sarries today, I think their defence is just too brutal. I don’t watch enough URC to know much about the SA final though. Excited to watch this Roos though, SA fans act like he’s the second coming of Jesus
I don't have access to the URC so I can't give much of an opinion there. I have seen lots of positive reviews of Evan Roos and surely he's better than Jasper Wiese? I haven't watched as much of the Premiership as I have in the past but I think you could be right about Saracens winning and I think it'll be damn close. Leicester were a tad fortunate Courtnall Skosan treated the ball like a cake of soap last week.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I don't have access to the URC so I can't give much of an opinion there. I have seen lots of positive reviews of Evan Roos and surely he's better than Jasper Wiese? I haven't watched as much of the Premiership as I have in the past but I think you could be right about Saracens winning and I think it'll be damn close. Leicester were a tad fortunate Courtnall Skosan treated the ball like a cake of soap last week.
Leicester were poor last week, the scoreline flattered them and Saints let them off the hook numerous times. Contrast with Sarries who were at their brutally efficient best. I can only see it going one way.
So watch Leicester win it now :lol:
On Wiese….I read that he hasn’t been carded in 17 games, so appears to have sorted out his lack of discipline. Which makes him a handy players considering he almost always breaks the gain line

Status
Not open for further replies.