Rugby World Cup 2019 aka Squishy McSquish goes into a meltdown thread

kidbob

You just can't keep that insane level of pressure that SA started with for too long. ABs looking ominous.

RedDevilRoshi

The way they just go up 2 gears in the blink of an eye against a quality opponent like South Africa is just insane!

stepic

South African player was a mile off side when they got the ball back before that try.

kidbob

Garces is incompetent. Not biased in any way the guy simply doesn't know the rules anymore. Hope to God he isn't reffing us in any big games.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Is Garces completely idiotic? The South african never released the ball.

diarm

If you can live with that first half hour onslaught from the boks you can beat them. Living with that half hour is the issue though.

RedDevilRoshi

Very good game. NZ started slowly but showed that they can just step up a couple of gears in the blink of an eye no matter how much pressure they are under.

Predicted at the start of the tournament that these two would contest the final and I’m standing by that prediction.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
3-0 becoming 17-3 in the blinking on an eye decided the match. It seemed as if the World Cup rolling brought some conservatism to South Africa's play. I think the All Blacks would have secretly enjoyed the Springboks being talked up pre match.

France scored some nice tries in the first half but stopped for playing whatever reason. The Wallabies did enough but boy for the first 55 minutes or so I was concerned the men in gold would on the receiving end an upset.

RooneyLegend

That backline just isnt going to get it done. Outside of Kolbe the rest just dont have it to impact games pf this level. That ref was a joke btw.

JPRouve

Scout
3-0 becoming 17-3 in the blinking on an eye decided the match. It seemed as if the World Cup rolling brought some conservatism to South Africa's play. I think the All Blacks would have secretly enjoyed the Springboks being talked up pre match.

France scored some nice tries in the first half but stopped for playing whatever reason. The Wallabies did enough but boy for the first 55 minutes or so I was concerned the men in gold would on the receiving end an upset.
I can explain France and it's how the best teams will easily bit them. If you paid attention you noticed that only the 9 manages the ball out of rucks, for some reason no other player will take the initiative and maintain a relatively high tempo, so if you play at a high tempo between the 40th and 55th minutes of the game, you will put the french #9 out of the game because he will be tired and late on every rucks, which means that from that point France won't be a threat since they won't be able to play fast and create mismatches.

Logically France should have Dupond and Paillauge in the 23 and use one for roughly one half. Also one or two players should be more involved in rucks management. It's something that you see with the Crusaders.

RedDevilRoshi

By the way, I'm guessing noone watched Italy Namibia? :) I watched the end of it, it seems like Namibia gave Italy some trouble.
Caught the last 30 mins in the 2nd half. Wasn’t really interested in getting up in the morning for it as we all know which two nations are going to be qualifying from that group.

JPRouve

Scout
Caught the last 30 mins in the 2nd half. Wasn’t really interested in getting up in the morning for it as we all know which two nations are going to be qualifying from that group.
How many of us were lying in bed thinking the exact same thing at the same moment.:lol:

JPRouve

Scout
Hogg plays with incredible intensity.