Rugby World Cup 2019 aka Squishy McSquish goes into a meltdown thread

RedDevilRoshi

Oh well, very well played Ireland. Deserved win and very good performance in tough conditions.

Scotland, nothing to say other than absolutely abysmal! Not going to rant, I’ll save that for the Utd game this afternoon against West Ham :lol:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I haven't matched England's test matches, how are they?

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Brilliant start by Ireland, that match was always going to be the most important in the group for us.

JPRouve

Scout
For some reason I just thought about Ngatai, if he wasn't from New Zealand he would be starting for any of the other top teams. It's crazy how deep the All Blacks are.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Decent start from Ireland.
They can expect a Qr Final against SA now should all other results be normal.

JPRouve

Scout
Do you guys see a clock for kickers?

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Reece Hodge could be in some trouble. Phil Kearns is not happy about it either.

Also, if any folks are missing Stuart Barnes, he's in Australia working for Fox Sports.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Man Utd is simply a monster at times. Great half.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Seriously, the schedule is shit. I can't watch any match cause it's in the morning or afternoon.

diarm

Seriously, the schedule is shit. I can't watch any match cause it's in the morning or afternoon.
It's amazing for me. I tend to be working every day from 12pm until 11pm so if these were on anywhere else in the world I'd be fecked.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Just watched a rerun of Ire/Sco.
Good win with the bonus point for Ireland.
They should be happy with that early test of their character.
What’s up with Sexton- is he injured again?

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Just watched a rerun of Ire/Sco.
Good win with the bonus point for Ireland.
They should be happy with that early test of their character.
What’s up with Sexton- is he injured again?
He seems to regularly pass kicking duties to Murray these days. Not sure what's up with him but it probably wouldn't be too surprising if he's constantly carrying some lingering injury.

Hephaestus

3 tries for Wales inside 20 minutes. Only issue is that missed conversion. Well, that and whoever keeps shrieking in the crowd.

Hephaestus

Can also add in the commentators talking over the sodding TMO. They were so busy speculating about whether that was a yellow card for a deliberate knock then finally said let's listen in just as they were announcing that there was no knock-on at all.

RedDevilRoshi

Easy peasy win for Wales against Georgia.

Will be interesting to see how that group unfolds. Despite Fiji’s defeat to Australia on Saturday, I’m not writing them off just yet. Win this group and you avoid an England team that looks bang on form and for me, 3rd favourites for the World Cup after New Zealand & South Africa.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
Easy peasy win for Wales against Georgia.

Will be interesting to see how that group unfolds. Despite Fiji’s defeat to Australia on Saturday, I’m not writing them off just yet. Win this group and you avoid an England team that looks bang on form and for me, 3rd favourites for the World Cup after New Zealand & South Africa.
I'm not sure about England being bang on form. They amount of errors in the game against Tonga was huge.

RedDevilRoshi

Samoa win against Russia in a very physical game. Still surprised how they never escaped with a red card! Some of those high tackles were extremely dangerous in my opinion.

Kopral Jono

Samoa win against Russia in a very physical game. Still surprised how they never escaped with a red card! Some of those high tackles were extremely dangerous in my opinion.
I reckon that second yellow was a red whilst the first one could've gone either way. The scoreline flatters Samoa a bit methinks, Russia were in it for much of the game.

RedDevilRoshi

Don’t worry. The officials are just waiting to ruin a very important knockout match with an unnecessary red :nervous:
Wouldn’t be surprised. There have been some crazy refereeing decisions in this World Cup so far.

I reckon that second yellow was a red whilst the first one could've gone either way. The scoreline flatters Samoa a bit methinks, Russia were in it for much of the game.
I agree. 2nd was definitely a red. 1st one could have gone either way but I’m leaning more towards a red than a yellow. Scoreline definitely flatters Samoa. They were trailing at HT and looked 2nd best in the opening half. Gotovtsev got an early yellow in the 2nd and Samoa took advantage of having an extra man for 10 mins and scored 2 tries during that period which practically won them that game.

Last edited:

Tarrou

Don’t worry. The officials are just waiting to ruin a very important knockout match with an unnecessary red :nervous:
Haha yeah

I’m still upset about Warburtons red in the semis eight years ago!

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
How fecking tough was the Russian fullback? Absolutely slammed by massive Samoans twice his size but it was the tackler who came off worse each time. He even knocked their hooker spark out. Incredible.

Great post-match interview too.

Wonder if he learned English off an Irish person :D I hear it in his accent for some reason

RedDevilRoshi

So we have our first shock of the tournament! Hats off to Uruguay, every single one of those Uruguayan players were terrific!

Fiji were absolutely horrific. I’m struggling to think of one single aspect of their game that was actually pretty good. So poor in every single department.