Rui Faria leaving United at end of season | OFFICIAL | speculation on replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

crossy1686

career ending
Seems to me that Carrick is an absolute shoe in.
For what? Jose's already said there will be no assistant manager, he's going to restructure the backroom staff instead and promote youth team coaches. He said Carrick will most likely step into the position in a couple of years time when he's ready and got his coaching badges. Did you miss all this?

Chairman Steve

I think Sir Alex technically worked for about a year or so without an official assistant manager between McClaren leaving and Queiroz coming in the first time. Jose may not even get an assistant for while yet until he finds a good one like Sir Alex did on that occasion.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Strange untill now he hasn't been linked to anyone, I wonder why he left, and if it was his fault things weren't going that well.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Reminds me of when Brendan Rodgers lost his main assistant Pascoe (worked with him at Swansea) from Liverpool and then lost his own job three months later.

Pretty sure if Mourinho leaves Man. United this season and rocks up at another club his first phone call will be to Faria if he isn't in another club.

Bojan11

Strange untill now he hasn't been linked to anyone, I wonder why he left, and if it was his fault things weren't going that well.
He was linked with a few clubs. But I’m guessing he wants a break and spend time with his family.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
I doubt it's McKenna. Part of me is hoping for Queiroz.
Wow, I really hope not. We need an attack minded assistant at least, be fecking awful bringing in an even more defensive minded coach next to Mou.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
He was linked with a few clubs. But I’m guessing he wants a break and spend time with his family.
Probably refreshing the Tactical Periodization, and take a rest from Mourinho. ;)

Bojan11

Wow, I really hope not. We need an attack minded assistant at least, be fecking awful bringing in an even more defensive minded coach next to Mou.
What?

Were you saying that when we were playing great football between 06-08. It wasn’t down to just Fergie and even the players said that Querioz was crucial.

Just because his Iran side play defensive which is how they need to play if they wanna have any chance of success. You can’t play expansive football with Iran.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Queiroz is very good organizing defensively a team, he did that with Portugal on South Africa 2010 and with Iran.

Why would he play on a different way with Iran?

Football is performance, and results matter.

And why would he work with Mourinho, they don't even like that much each other, even if when Mourinho was student at University Queiroz was his teacher. Fair to say José was the best.

And what is a attack minded assistant? Do you think offensive minded teams don't need to press, be well positioned to recover the ball, know how to defend set pieces, zonal defense and other things?

Lennon7

What?

Were you saying that when we were playing great football between 06-08. It wasn’t down to just Fergie and even the players said that Querioz was crucial.

Just because his Iran side play defensive which is how they need to play if they wanna have any chance of success. You can’t play expansive football with Iran.
Querioz was the key to our incredible defence, and he worked well with Fergie. But he’s a defensive minded coach.

Lennon7

Queiroz is very good organizing defensively a team, he did that with Portugal on South Africa 2010 and with Iran.

Why would he play on a different way with Iran?

Football is performance, and results matter.

And why would he work with Mourinho, they don't even like that much each other, even if when Mourinho was student at University Queiroz was his teacher. Fair to say José was the best.

And what is a attack minded assistant? Do you think offensive minded teams don't need to press, be well positioned to recover the ball, know how to defend set pieces, zonal defense and other things?
Football is a performance and results matter, I agree, but if we bring in an assistant like Querioz we’re only going to focus more on the defensive side of the game. We need to bring in a coach that can inspire the attacking players, teach them how to work together and produce in the final third and ultimately (try) to convince Mourinho to play more attacking football in certain games.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Football is a performance and results matter, I agree, but if we bring in an assistant like Querioz we’re only going to focus more on the defensive side of the game. We need to bring in a coach that can inspire the attacking players, teach them how to work together and produce in the final third and ultimately (try) to convince Mourinho to play more attacking football in certain games.
But Queiroz only worked with Ferguson, he would never be Mourinho assistant.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Have we got a new assistant manager then, or are we splitting that role between the new coaches (Carrick, McKenna and Rapetti)?

Lennon7

But Queiroz only worked with Ferguson, he would never be Mourinho assistant.
Yeah I know. I’m just responding to someone saying they’d love Queiroz back.

Status
Not open for further replies.