Rui Faria leaving United at end of season | OFFICIAL | speculation on replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I hate people like that. If you know who it is just fecking say it already.
To be fair, if he let on then there's a chance his "source" (even if there is one) wouldn't pass on info in the future. Also, a deal for Jose's new number 2 may not be finalised.

Minimalist

Interesting development for sure. A new voice in Mourinho's ear wouldn't be a bad thing.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
If he's leaving then it sounds like he's got the Arsenal job. I can't see any other reason why he'd leave Mourinho and United.
There is no way that's happening.

Arsenal fans would be paranoid anyway a friend of Mourinho would probably try to relegate them.

He'll probably end up managing a championship club or someone abroad like Morais did.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
How highly thought of is Rui?
He's meant to be quite highly rated although never had a proper management gig, Mourinho thinks the world of him though. He did also start us on our mass unbeaten streak last year when Mourinho was banned :wenger:

iHicksy

I can only hope that Mourinho has realised he needs some fresh energy/ideas and has taken steps to get in a technically adept attacking coach as assistant. Alas, that's a pipe dream as he speaks so highly of Rui that he can only have been offered another role in management.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
How highly thought of is Rui?
He's mostly credited with fitness coaching and periodization that allows Jose to field a consistent 11, building understanding and limiting injuries. Here's an interview with everyone's favourite moaner Raymond Verheijen where he talks about this specifically.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Stephen Howson also reporting this(well only the Faria thing) and he has got very decent contacts at the club.
Interesting. Now he said it's not Carrick replacing him.

Acole9

Outstanding
Wee Jimmy Lumsden is coming back to collect the cones.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Its behind a pawall
To be fair, if he let on then there's a chance his "source" (even if there is one) wouldn't pass on info in the future. Also, a deal for Jose's new number 2 may not be finalised.
So why bait? No better than them Red Issue tosspots.

Edit: Speaking from personal experience. Used to lurk on RI et al. And all them cnuts do is peddle bullshit. 95% being guess work judging by their track record.

Bojan11

I wouldn’t mind Carlos Querioz back even though he’s doing a good job with Iran. Does he have a good relationship with Jose?

Canagel

If whoever comes in can help to evolve our style of play and make us better to watch then I'm all for it. Rui isn't bringing anything to the table. What's Carlos Quieroz upto these days? We played some really great stuff from 2006-2009 period or whenever it was.

Witchking

Good, never liked the guy and feel that he is one of the reasons for the way we play with such a stupid mind set. If Carrick replaces him, i will have a lot of hope that he will be able to get his ideas through to jose and we just might start to play some good football.

Bojan11

If he's leaving then it sounds like he's got the Arsenal job. I can't see any other reason why he'd leave Mourinho and United.
Maybe because he wants to be a manager and is bored of playing second fiddle.

It doesn’t necessary need to be Arsenal he is leaving for. Could be a smaller club.

Bojan11

Queiroz is very defensive and tactical coach.
Well you clearly didn’t watch us between 06-08 as we were far from defensive back then. The players said Querioz was running training majority of the times back then.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Maybe because he wants to be a manager and is bored of playing second fiddle.

It doesn’t necessary need to be Arsenal he is leaving for. Could be a smaller club.
Seems most plausible to me that.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
So why bait? No better than them Red Issue tosspots.

Edit: Speaking from personal experience. Used to lurk on RI et al. And all them cnuts do is peddle bullshit. 95% being guess work judging by their track record.
RI = wankers

Minimalist

To be honest, would be more excited if it was someone other than Carrick.

Status
Not open for further replies.