Rui Faria leaving United at end of season | OFFICIAL | speculation on replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
If it is McKenna what are everyone's thoughts? I haven't watched any of our under 18s this season, I know they won their league and that's as much as I know lol. What kind of style did he have them playing? :)
I really dont think its McKenna because our academy rebuilding has just started and he is a vital part of that. Anyway who said it was from within?

SirAF

Ageist
whats wrong with him? he posts on here sometimes
Just not fond of these «famous» social media fans. Goldbridge et al.

They are just normal fans, but their views are almost taken as gospel by many.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I really dont think its McKenna because our academy rebuilding has just started and he is a vital part of that. Anyway who said it was from within?
Saw someone who claims to Patreon member say it is from within. So if that's true and it is exciting then the only options would really be McKenna or Nicky Butt.

Chairman Steve

My main concern with this is whether Rui Faria is getting forced out by the club, in an attempt to make Jose play better football and maybe use Carrick as a succession tool. Liverpool did this with Rodgers when he had to let go of Pascoe and Marsh and he didn't last too long after that happened.

If this is the case and this is going against Jose's wishes then the theme of Jose's third season of discontent will continue and it doesn't bode well for the club even before we've hit the summer.

However if Rui Faria wants to go out and prove himself in management or Jose thinks he can do get someone better in, then brilliant news. If these initial murmurs are true then I hope Carrick is getting into the coaching setup for legit reasons and not because he's there to appease fans, report to the board etc. I think I remember rumours of Giggs being somewhat forced upon LVG when he joined and that LVG did want Kluivert but I'm not sure if they're true or not.

prateik

let's buy some baloons to celebrate it then..
Fergie's support staff was brilliant.
I love how all the fans knew Albert Morgan and he would just sit behind the boss.

I have no idea who LVGs #2 was.. and I have no idea who are coaches are at the moment.. Just know about Faria.

DickDastardly

That's great news!
Nothing against Faria, don't actually know what his role was, and how significant he is to Jose.

Don't actually care with who he replaces him.

It's a new dawn, it's a new day....and all that.
A new face with new ideas, difrerent approach, who knows.

Just hope we're all in for a more joyfull period then the last five years.

acnumber9

I love how all the fans knew Albert Morgan and he would just sit behind the boss.

I have no idea who LVGs #2 was.. and I have no idea who are coaches are at the moment.. Just know about Faria.
Van Gaal’s assistant was a fairly unknown ex player to be fair.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Change of style on the cards? Not sure how much control Rui Faria had over that aspect.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Albert Stuivenberg - now Giggsy's assistant for Wales. I think LVG had 2 or 3 assistants but he's the one I remembered.

My main concern with this is whether Rui Faria is getting forced out by the club, in an attempt to make Jose play better football and maybe use Carrick as a succession tool.
With the history Faria and Mourinho have, I'm confident it wasn't done against Mourinho's wishes - Mourinho would have sooner walked. I think it is as you say in the latter bit of the post - he's found a club to cut his teeth at management.

peridigm

This would be great actually. No more prima donas sulking or always staring laterally like Martial does. Winds me up every time.
My biggest complaint about any player is when they sulk after losing the ball or put their hands up or hands in their face while the opposition counters. How fecking hard is it to recover and play on? Most of our players do this. There is one that does not, at least not enough that it’s noticeable.

peridigm

Albert Stuivenberg - now Giggsy's assistant for Wales. I think LVG had 2 or 3 assistants but he's the one I remembered.

With the history Faria and Mourinho have, I'm confident it wasn't done against Mourinho's wishes - Mourinho would have sooner walked. I think it is as you say in the latter bit of the post - he's found a club to cut his teeth at management.
I agree. Jose would not go for that and we’re hardly being run by an Abromovich type of owner.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Saw someone who claims to Patreon member say it is from within. So if that's true and it is exciting then the only options would really be McKenna or Nicky Butt.
I messaged that guy, he said it was McKenna.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Could be a good thing for the team. Freshen things up a bit and hopefully evolve the way we play.

Chairman Steve

I personally think Sir Alex changing his assistants every 4-5 years or so helped build his legacy and we'll see whether Jose is good enough to work with different minds and still be successful, or whether he's a Cloughie and that he needs a Peter Taylor on his right shoulder at all times to reach those heights.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
So he’s let out that there’s a rumour and that he’s got inside info. Then he’s charging people to hear this info?

Hasn’t he got a track record of being found to be ripping other fans off? Or am I thinking of somebody else?

If there was truth to this, I’m really surprised there’s nothing in the papers yet.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
So he’s let out that there’s a rumour and that he’s got inside info. Then he’s charging people to hear this info?

Hasn’t he got a track record of being found to be ripping other fans off? Or am I thinking of somebody else?

If there was truth to this, I’m really surprised there’s nothing in the papers yet.
Not sure if the person was him, but I think the ripping off story was something about somebody charging foreign fans for 'club tours'.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I messaged that guy, he said it was McKenna.
Sorry who did you message? And what website is this?

If it is McKenna, he must be absolutely thrilled. Imagine being a boyhood United fan and getting this opportunity!

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I bet it's Mourinho's son :nervous:

stevoc

Faria leaving i think could be a good thing, Ferguson went through many assistants taking stuff from them all no doubt to varying degrees. Mourinho has had Faria as his no2 for a long time, hopefully a new voice will be good for him.

Kapardin

Someone should break it to him that the manager largely determines the style of play and an assistant is...well, an assistant. Faria may offer key tactical, fitness and personnel advice but it will be Jose calling the big shots.

Nothing will change with a new assistant manager. Suck it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.