Rui Faria leaving United at end of season | OFFICIAL | speculation on replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

FujiVice

This is the "word" going around today on social media (especially the "paid" forums who charge for scoops). Guess we'll see. Makes sense I suppose.

Rui's not really getting that Arsenal job is he?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Our intimidation factor would go down. Rui always looks like the bloke who'd shiv you when you turn your back. Carrick looks like your local car dealership owner.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
This is the "word" going around today on social media (especially the "paid" forums who charge for scoops). Guess we'll see. Makes sense I suppose.

Rui's not really getting that Arsenal job is he?
Stephen Howson also reporting this(well only the Faria thing) and he has got very decent contacts at the club.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
No idea about Carrick but I like the idea of Rui Faria leaving. Nothing against him but he’s been with Mourinho for so long, Mourinho could really do with a new voice in his ear offering fresh (and hopefully attack-minded) insights. It is one of the ways Fergie managed to keep up with the evolution of football for so long.

Acole9

Outstanding
If he's leaving then it sounds like he's got the Arsenal job. I can't see any other reason why he'd leave Mourinho and United.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
In what universe would he get the Arsenal job?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
If true, I hope whoever comes in encourages Mourinho to be more aggressive and expansive in our style of play.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Well people wanted Jose to change his backroom staff

Acole9

Outstanding
In what universe would he get the Arsenal job?
It sounds daft but don't discount it. Kroenke's has got previous for hiring rookie coaches for his NFL team. To do this in the Premier League would be a huge gamble but it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Adisa

In a bit of blind hope, the rumour has lifted my mood somewhat.
Mourinho needs new ideas.

laughtersassassin

Anyone else think its sketchy that Howson "BROKE" this news and put it behind a pay wall. Seems a quick attempt at making some money as people might be more inclined to believe a rumour about assistantant manager than players. Hell even if the rumour is true putting it that title and having it behind a paywall is kind of strange.

Jacko21

One thing I did wonder is why Mourinho was so keen for Carrick to make the switch to a coach before the end of the season. To go as far as taking him out of the first team environment. I know his game time was going to be extremely limited, but couldn't the transition have happened during the summer?

Probably something of nothing. And there's no suggestion it'll be Carrick replacing Faria, if indeed he does leave.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
In a world where arsenal want a cheap option.
There are plenty of cheap options that also include a little bit of experience or have a previous connection to the club. I just think it's super far fetched. Like many, I would be quite interested to see a new number 2 (no slight on Faria, I've no clue what he brings to the table) purely in terms of hatching out some clear identity for our attacking play. But I think the Buvac to United is even less likely than Faria to Arsenal...

Flytan

Anyone else think its sketchy that Howson "BROKE" this news and put it behind a pay wall. Seems a quick attempt at making some money as people might be more inclined to believe a rumour about assistantant manager than players. Hell even if the rumour is true putting it that title and having it behind a paywall is kind of strange.
His Patreon has 344 people and only has a 5 dollar option from the looks of it. Would be incredibly short-termist of him to do that unless he's got some small gambling debt he has to repay right now or he dies or something.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
His Patreon has 344 people and only has a 5 dollar option from the looks of it. Would be incredibly short-termist of him to do that unless he's got some small gambling debt he has to repay right now or he dies or something.
Interesting narrative development :D

Adisa

No doubt he's trying to make a quick buck. Only time will tell.

Sigma

There are plenty of cheap options that also include a little bit of experience or have a previous connection to the club. I just think it's super far fetched. Like many, I would be quite interested to see a new number 2 (no slight on Faria, I've no clue what he brings to the table) purely in terms of hatching out some clear identity for our attacking play. But I think the Buvac to United is even less likely than Faria to Arsenal...
This is said about every number 2. The manager gets all the credit/blame because he is in the public light.

laughtersassassin

I mean he could always just say Jose convinced him to stay if he does. Probably just the cynical person in me. Personally, i hope he is correct. Jose could do with bringing in some fresh ideas. Worked wonders for Ferguson.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
This is said about every number 2. The manager gets all the credit/blame because he is in the public light.
True. The reality it's pretty difficult to know. With Buvac you at least have Klopp saying he's the thinker in terms of their tactical approach. Is there another number 2 people have any clue about in terms of what they bring to the table? What did Kidd bring? I know he was really liked by the players, but not sure what he brought, not as if his career was stellar after he left. Same with all the other number 2s.

Status
Not open for further replies.