Music Run The Jewels | RTJ4 out now - released early

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Can’t wait. Those guys are ace. I picked up one of their Hand Washing Tees. All money going to their tour crew who don’t have income right now.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
It's out now. Looks like they released it early.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Yea just got the email with the free download which is brilliant but using Apple Music anyway so just put it on.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
My initial thoughts are not as good as the last one but then I've said that about all of them and changed my mind later so probably a grower.

My stream has now jumped into Dangeromouse and Jemini, Ghetto Pop Life. What an album :drool:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Walking In The Snow is an absolute banger.

Listening whilst still working so will need to give it another run when I’m paying more attention but loving what I’m hearing so far.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
My initial thoughts are not as good as the last one but then I've said that about all of them and changed my mind later so probably a grower.

My stream has now jumped into Dangeromouse and Jemini, Ghetto Pop Life. What an album :drool:
Yeah it’s hard with them on first listens. Will definitely have to give it a few goes and also with headphones. Did like Walking In The Snow though.

Dante

Average bang
So... that's album of the year wrapped up.

I've listened through twice now, and I'm loving it.

This is a very preliminary opinion, but at this point I think it's RTJ2 > RTJ1 > RTJ4 > RTJ3

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Walking in the snow, JU$T and Never look back are three great ones in a row, felt like it only ot better towards the latter half of the album. Didn’t like the first two that much though.

Listened to it whilst running just now, really nice.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
First listen and I liked it but not as much as remember liking RTJ2 or 3 after the first listen. Even if I don't like it as much as those I think it will still be a great album. It's hard to raise the bar a fourth time. RTJ1 was good, RTJ2 was excellent, RTJ3 was iconic. RTJ deserves their place in hip-hop history, few rappers have a renaissance like Killer Mike and El-P.

I'll listen to this over the coming month to see how I really feel about it but it's RTJ as you know and love them.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
And everyday on evening news they feed you fear for free
And you so numb you watch the cops choke out a man like me
And till my voice goes from a shriek to whisper "I can't breathe"
And you sit there in the house on couch and watch it on TV
The most you give's a Twitter rant and call it a tragedy
Amazingly accurate.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I mean it is but it's not exactly a new thing. Kind of ironic that it is being released right now though yeah.
Yeah that's more what I meant. Actually just incredibly painful that almost an identical incident took place between the recording and the release.

Giving it a second listening this morning, really like it. Think it's better than RTJ3.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Loving it so far. Hard to tell if it's RTJ2 levels of brilliance so far but I'm pretty sure I like it more than I liked RTJ3 on the first few listens.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
You can tell El-P has been working on movie scores with his production on this. Working with Massive Attack and Rick Rubin is also evident.

These two guys are the best in the world right now, for me. Another outstanding album.

Try listen to holy calamafeck without making a stank face.

stu_1992

Listened to this the full way through a little earlier for the first time. Initially had just tried for the track with Zach De La Rocha (which is class), but Walking In The Snow probably tops it for me.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Listened to this the full way through a little earlier for the first time. Initially had just tried for the track with Zach De La Rocha (which is class), but Walking In The Snow probably tops it for me.
Zack de la Rocha is awesome.

My first exposure to RTJ was #2 and I remember the first time I listened to it when Close Your Eyes and Count to feck came on I was like “Is that de la Rocha?!?!”

Agree with you on both that his cameo on this one is again a highlight but Walking In The Snow is the best track.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
This one was more instant for me than RTJ3 was. 1 was good. 2 was better. 3 was a grower. This kills it on first listen, a lot like 2 did.

The production on this is crazy too.