Russian invasion of Ukraine | Fewer tweets, more discussion

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I also don't think Kadyrov is really sending his sons to the front. This is a bit suspicious but it does seem like something is brewing.
But he made a nice little Tiktok Video about it. That Dagestani man believes it, that's good enough I think.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
What’s important is that there is discontent among Russian elites. Shoigu v Prigozhin, Kadyrov getting progressively annoyed, and probably many others we don’t hear about. Collectively, this sort of thing can be incredibly destabilizing to Putin.

frostbite

Perhaps you remember the Russian journalist who held a sign saying: “Don’t believe the propaganda. They’re lying to you here.”

Here is her story so far. I hope she was able to get out of Russia...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...rnalist-fled-house-arrest-marina-ovsyannikova

Russian anti-war journalist confirms she has fled house arrest

Marina Ovsyannikova says she refuses to comply with restraint order because she is ‘completely innocent’

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
If I die in a nuclear holocaust I'll make sure to think "B20 was right."

Or do you not think Putin will use nukes and you're just arguing the details?
The war will stop in 2 conditions, Putin dies or some republics decide they want to be free. If Putin uses nuclear weapons in Ukraine the world would denounce Putin but nothing else, they have enough missiles to destroy the entire planet and if US or NATO invades their territory you better run to the closest bar and have a drink. The Ukraine war is getting too dangerous for the world and supporting Ukraine with weapons - yes, letting them joining NATO - no.

Water Melon

The war will stop in 2 conditions, Putin dies or some republics decide they want to be free. If Putin uses nuclear weapons in Ukraine the world would denounce Putin but nothing else, they have enough missiles to destroy the entire planet and if US or NATO invades their territory you better run to the closest bar and have a drink. The Ukraine war is getting too dangerous for the world and supporting Ukraine with weapons - yes, letting them joining NATO - no.
If Putin goes nuclear in Ukraine, NATO army will be on Ukrainian soil/airspace in a couple of hours and erase the Russian army within legitimate Ukrainian territory. After that, it is tit for tat. The world will not just watch Putin use nukes and denounce him.

MuFc_1992

If Putin goes nuclear in Ukraine, NATO army will be on Ukrainian soil/airspace in a couple of hours and erase the Russian army within legitimate Ukrainian territory. After that, it is tit for tat. The world will not just watch Putin use nukes and denounce him.
So nuking Russia? Isn't that basically ending the world

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Sorry to come back to this, but why would US intelligence want to brief this?
The article also mentions the apparent lack of transparency of Ukrainian military/spec. ops for U.S. — maybe they're trying to force them to open up?

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff

The guys in the video (albeit being, let's say, patriotically-minded) are saying that they, 500 mobilized people, are staying in Belgorodskaya oblast' — already with weapons and ammo on hands... without being assigned to any military unit nor given any food, shelter etc.

We've been talking about a potential revolt in Russia from the inside earlier and I said that I doubt that there's enough weapons lying around or organized groups for this to happen. But if they keep it up...

The Firestarter

This doesn't make much sense to me. Russia already tried that numerous times in first few months according to reports. Nothing was holding them back then. But now they will try harder or something?
Same here, they had the greatest chance when they were on the doorsteps ro Kyiv.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
This doesn't make much sense to me. Russia already tried that numerous times in first few months according to reports. Nothing was holding them back then. But now they will try harder or something?
At this stage it doesn't seem they have anything left except for state terrorism.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Perhaps you remember the Russian journalist who held a sign saying: “Don’t believe the propaganda. They’re lying to you here.”

Here is her story so far. I hope she was able to get out of Russia...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...rnalist-fled-house-arrest-marina-ovsyannikova

Russian anti-war journalist confirms she has fled house arrest

Marina Ovsyannikova says she refuses to comply with restraint order because she is ‘completely innocent’
Damn, that seems like years ago.

Water Melon

So nuking Russia? Isn't that basically ending the world
Well, IF Russia uses tactical nukes, NATO intervene and destroy all Russian weapons within Ukraine. After that, it is Putin's call. If he uses nukes again then NATO are not sitting and watching. Basically, if Putin wants a nuclear war he is getting it.

We need an rvn

Well, IF Russia uses tactical nukes, NATO intervene and destroy all Russian weapons within Ukraine. After that, it is Putin's call. If he uses nukes again then NATO are not sitting and watching. Basically, if Putin wants a nuclear war he is getting it.
So to finish off your answer, are you basically saying yes, it would be the end of the normal day life as we know it for some foreseeable time for those who survive the 1000s of blasts - should Putin release his nuclear weapons on the western world?

It baffles me that we are a human race are hell-bound on destroying ourselves by creating weapons that would kill millions of people - and one day we will have someone in power who is crazy enough to do it.

Water Melon

So to finish off your answer, are you basically saying yes, it would be the end of the normal day life as we know it for some foreseeable time for those who survive the 1000s of blasts - should Putin release his nuclear weapons on the western world?

It baffles me that we are a human race are hell-bound on destroying ourselves by creating weapons that would kill millions of people - and one day we will have someone in power who is crazy enough to do it.
Yes, if Putin goes nuclear, the West are not holding back. As for destroying ourselves, we have been on our way towards this for centuries. We are killing nature, the environment, and we have poisoned air, soil and water. Even our rains are not clean anymore. We are good at being greedy, egoistic, narcissistic species with enough mental and neurological capacity to achieve and fulfil our wishes. The Earth would have been a much better place for the rest of nature without us.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
To my mind, the leaders of the US and the USSR in the 50s and early 60s were most likely to start a nuclear war. Obviously it's possible, but it not happening then gives me hope.

Now there's no hope of a first strike that allows you to survive above ground. Putin and Biden would die of old age in their underground fortresses, of course, if there was Armageddon.

Krakenzero

Supports
Santiago Wanderers
This guy again....making Lindsey Graham appear vaguely rational in the process.

Can the same logic be applied to the US therefore giving more than half the territory to Russia? Asking for a friend.