Russian invasion of Ukraine | Fewer tweets, more discussion

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I wonder if they actually believe any of the shite they are spewing or if its just pure pre-written and pre-approved propaganda from the Kremlin. Never mind bending the narrative, most of it is just lazy nonsense.
Most of them are thick as shit so yeah, probably. The human psyche also has a unique ability to adapt so even the likes of Solovyov who do (did?) understand what’s going on probably genuinely believe in what they’re saying at this point.

the hea

Yesterday a video of Putin meeting with mothers of fallen soldiers was shown on Russian TV, many of the "mothers" where already yesterday identified as actresses and now we have this. Seems everything about this country is just fake and lies.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Excellent video. This invasion is the biggest mistake in their entire history.

Seems more to me that the loss for Russia is eventually losing the war in Ukraine, losing probably around 125000 dead or wounded. Losing 30% of their military, having their economy and reputation tanked whilst having achieved nothing but genocide.

dinostar77

Seems more to me that the loss for Russia is eventually losing the war in Ukraine, losing probably around 125000 dead or wounded. Losing 30% of their military, having their economy and reputation tanked whilst having achieved nothing but genocide.
I think as the video highlights, if and when finland and sweden join NATO. Russia lose the baltic sea as a means to get their subs out undetected. The island off sweden becomes a NATO forward base so air and sea supremacy of the baltic sea goes to NATO.

Theres a 800 mile border with finland thats next to impossible to patrol and a highway parallel to the border thats the only means of supplying russia's only naval base in the artic circle that doesnt freeze over.

Having spent so much time and effort t9 wnsure finland's neutrality, they have driven finland and sweden into the arns of NATO by their actions in ukraine.

The video explains this all alot better than i can.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I think as the video highlights, if and when finland and sweden join NATO. Russia lose the baltic sea as a means to get their subs out undetected. The island off sweden becomes a NATO forward base so air and sea supremacy of the baltic sea goes to NATO.

Theres a 800 mile border with finland thats next to impossible to patrol and a highway parallel to the border thats the only means of supplying russia's only naval base in the artic circle that doesnt freeze over.

Having spent so much time and effort t9 wnsure finland's neutrality, they have driven finland and sweden into the arns of NATO by their actions in ukraine.

The video explains this all alot better than i can.
I saw it but I'm perhaps so naive I don't see a Nato vs Russia war happen. In terms of deterrence its nice to have Finland and the swedes in the mix.

ThierryFabregas

Supports
Arsenal
Yesterday a video of Putin meeting with mothers of fallen soldiers was shown on Russian TV, many of the "mothers" where already yesterday identified as actresses and now we have this. Seems everything about this country is just fake and lies.
Does this mean Putin is not at all well then?

The United

The videos with the dead Russian soldiers or them getting blown up near Bakhmut are all over the internet. Waste of human lives for nothing.

I assume the causality on the UKR side would be pretty devastating too.

Rajma

Today Belarus minister of foreign affairs has suddenly died, probably a warning to Lukashenko to make him cave in.

Pintu

In hindsight, it was a mistake... But it couldn't look like that back then. Even after Georgia 08, the public opinion was positive to more business with Russia. We've always thought Russia will embrace more positive relations to the West, especially given the higher living standards that trade was brining them.

I think the EU leaders failed to anticipate how dumb the regime in Russia would get. Because it is definitely much worse than it was 15 years ago, with what looks like a madman deciding everything...

frostbite

In hindsight, it was a mistake... But it couldn't look like that back then. Even after Georgia 08, the public opinion was positive to more business with Russia. We've always thought Russia will embrace more positive relations to the West, especially given the higher living standards that trade was brining them.

I think the EU leaders failed to anticipate how dumb the regime in Russia would get. Because it is definitely much worse than it was 15 years ago, with what looks like a madman deciding everything...
The European leaders decided to give carte blanche to Putin. No matter what he did, killing Nemtsov, killing journalists in Russia, massacres in Chechnya, Georgia, Syria, ... well, it was dozens and dozens of cases of murderous behavior, and the European leaders pretended not to see anything and they just wanted to make money. It wasn't just one thing, or two things, or three. The European leaders, with their behaviour in the past 20 years practically told Putin: do what you want, kill anyone you want, we are not going to do anything if we keep making money.

We should not pretend now that they didn't know and they couldn't predict. They simply did not care. They did not care because they were making money. (And I mean money for their economies, because I have no idea if Putin also paid some politicians directly using the various Russian oligarchs that had houses and "businesses" in West Europe. )

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
So is Russia just forever going to pretend Kherson is "Russian territory"?

The United

From various twitter and youtube sources that I watch recently such as Warmonitorua etc.

They claim that Russian forces broke through the first defense lines of UKR forces in some places. Some Russian forces from Kherson have been reinforcing them, and they are gaining ground little by little. Prior to that, it was mostly stalement for months.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Love the stuff about how kind, polite and meek they are.
I wish you could just watch them as a sort of a reality TV without any of the war crimes happening. The fact that they're talking about and directly influencing tens of thousands of deaths makes it harder to laugh at their stupidity and/or hypocrisy, at least for me.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Thankfully it looks like it was a false alarm this time, probably caused by Russian training flights.
Lets assume the russians have changed tactic and instead of missiles and drones they go for bomber planes, how would that play out? How is their fleet of bombers and how would Ukraine respond in terms of anti-air and/or fighter jets?

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Lets assume the russians have changed tactic and instead of missiles and drones they go for bomber planes, how would that play out? How is their fleet of bombers and how would Ukraine respond in terms of anti-air and/or fighter jets?
Would be a massacre and disaster for the Russians, as Ukraine has a lot of air defence systems and is still getting more.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Would be a massacre and disaster for the Russians, as Ukraine has a lot of air defence systems and is still getting more.
i think most air defences become signifigantly less effective at heights of 25,000ft so in theory Russia could use its TU95 and TU22 to bomb from height but by that point its going to be rather inaccurate so would probably only be of use if carpet bombing cities which would probably be a red line that would see further escalation and potentially a UN / Nato enforced no fly zone?

but yeah not a logical move