Russian invasion of Ukraine | Fewer tweets, more discussion

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Nothing major, but I thought this is a nice little statement from the German government: https://www.deutschlandfunk.de/bund...halb-ihres-staatsgebiets-verteidigen-100.html

"Ukraine is free to defend itself outside of its own borders" (statement of a government speaker when asked about the recent attacks on air force bases in Russia). This is a bit different than the deescalation rethoric we have quite often seen before.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Nothing major, but I thought this is a nice little statement from the German government: https://www.deutschlandfunk.de/bund...halb-ihres-staatsgebiets-verteidigen-100.html

"Ukraine is free to defend itself outside of its own borders" (statement of a government speaker when asked about the recent attacks on air force bases in Russia). This is a bit different than the deescalation rethoric we have quite often seen before.
Its good to hear this coming from the German side. Maybe the American side will follow suit.

Pintu

This is very misleading considering that Hungary just vetoed the 18 million euro deal, while the US number decreased only because of aid that was approved but not disbursed during the calendar year.
I don’t think we will be giving more than the US… But I’m not worried about the 18 billion package. The EU parliament voted for it overwhelmingly. The commission said it will be delivered in due time, with or without Hungary’s approval. Lacking unanimity means they’ll have to raise it differently (for exemple the commission can’t take new loans, but they can use the money already budgeted for different EU expenses and hand it over to Ukraine. Orban can’t do anything about that)

sport2793

I don’t think we will be giving more than the US… But I’m not worried about the 18 billion package. The EU parliament voted for it overwhelmingly. The commission said it will be delivered in due time, with or without Hungary’s approval. Lacking unanimity means they’ll have to raise it differently (for exemple the commission can’t take new loans, but they can use the money already budgeted for different EU expenses and hand it over to Ukraine. Orban can’t do anything about that)

That's good to know, every dollar counts.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Someone tried to fall putin down the stairs? I thought that was his move.