Russian invasion of Ukraine | Fewer tweets, more discussion

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Forget about Solovyov and Simonyan, we have a new one in town.

kundalini

Report from a medical facility in Bakhmut. (Click the CC button for English subtitles.)

Thanks.

As someone who knows nothing about war, that was interesting viewing for me. I read the ISW report most days but it rarely captures the human aspect.

Last edited:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Thanks.

As someone who knows nothing about war, that was interesting viewing for me. I read the ISW report most days but it rarely captures the human aspect.
Yeah same here. I wish Vice would make more Ukraine videos as well, as their style is much more interesting than ordinary media reports or tweets.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Good stuff. Their work along with the regular forces doing their part should help to further ruin the Russian will to fight. The Russians must be taught that they are no safe areas inside occupied Ukraine, or anywhere near the border.

Rajma

Seems like a shift in tone at last regarding the delivery of longer range weapons both from the US and UK. Also, during the week we have seen Germany leadership basically green lighting the Leopards to be provided to Ukraine by countries expressing such desire. Hopefully, it can be done in relatively short timeframes and it doesn’t get unreasonably delayed.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
That’s odd — by all accounts it happened quite some time ago (and most likely Russia has mobilized more than 300k despite Putin promising that this would be the final number).

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
EU agrees to 19B aid.

European Union member states have agreed plans to provide a $19 billion aid package for Ukraine in 2023 after Hungary dropped its opposition in return for funding from the EU.

Hungary had initially blocked the package last week, amid a long running standoff over EU aid. Brussels had called for EU funds for Hungary be frozen due to concerns over corruption and insufficient reforms to strengthen the rule of law.

On Monday evening, the EU struck a deal with Hungary. Under the new agreement, Brussels will give Budapest $6.1 billion in grants to "enable Hungary to foster its economic recovery from the Covid 19 pandemic and finance the green and digital transitions."
https://edition.cnn.com/europe/live-news/russia-ukraine-war-news-12-13-22/index.html

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Those 300,000 conscripts mean sweet feck all if they are as poorly equipped as the Iraqis were on the eve of the ground battle phase of Operation Desert Storm. And the Iraqis were estimated to be 650,000 strong at the time.
Right. But the Ukrainians don't have the US air force.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Mind, no alarming messages have come out yet from Western intelligence agencies regarding Belarus' involvement. Not that I've seen, anyway.

RedDevilQuebecois

What is the implication here?

They supported the Ukrainian forces at the very least, especially manning the NLAWs. It would not be surprising if Russians have been killed by British special forces since combat operations were everywhere around Kyiv.