Russian War Crimes in Ukraine

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I think that argument was substantiated pretty well in the other thread but it's up to everyone to read for themselves (it is an argument not a "proof", so all I can do is outline why I think it is the case based on what I know of the topic and let others correct me/add/detract wherever seems relevant). Who was the Russian propagandist? Genuinely can't remember.

Just on this. I didn't raise the POW war crime in this thread, I was posting in reply to a topic that had been discussed, at length, by other posters (carolina red, harms, dwayne, yourself I think, and many more) a day or two ago. I was updating readers of the thread on where the claim now stood (after people were claiming it was outright fake).

But generally, I agree, (and said it a page or two back), that war crimes happen in every war.
@Mciahel Goodman & others who wish to debate war crimes. Please can you take that topic to a new thread, it’s worthy of a separate thread and also many others use this thread to get the update of what’s happening in the war. We don’t want to be bogged down reading long posts arguing about war crimes. Those that wish to do so can happily do so in a different thread

Rajma

The atrocities are unraveling as fascists leaving the liberated towns behind them:

I can post another dozen like these from other places but this is very traumatizing content.

Last edited:

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
The atrocities are unraveling as fascists leaving the liberated towns behind them:

I can post another dozen like these from other places but this is very traumatizing content.
Bucha is just insane. Civilian bodies everywhere.

Carolina Red

Staff
The streets of Bucha are exactly how you end up with the Ukrainians being pushed to a “take no prisoners” policy towards the Russian Army.

NotThatSoph

Poor, poor woman:

This incident can help show why people are talking about Azov's possible war crimes even though the Russians are worse, I think.

The hospital bombing was bad, really bad. It's also true that we're talking about a war where this bombing doesn't really stick out, the Russians have done similar things many other places. One incident that struck me, for example, is when they bombed a church used to shelter children. Yet, this bombing is still a topic for conversation, while other comparable ones aren't.

The reason, I think, is because people claim that it's fake. Not only the Russians themselves, but also people like Maajid Nawaz, certain right wing Americans and conspiracy theorists. Of course it wasn't fake, but because there is debate (defined loosely) we're still talking about it. Likewise, the reason people are talking about Azov is that there's disagreement about facts. If everyone agreed, either on it being fake or real or something that should be investigated, then it would get a lot less attention.

I'm not comparing the two incidents beyond that.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
This is why have have fluctuated on how I feel about the Russian soldiers. Early on, when there were lots of conscripts in the invasion force, I felt awful for them. Seeing the videos of Russian tanks, helicopters, etc. were tinged with some sympathy. By now, the Russian soldiers in Ukraine know what they're doing and still keep murdering civilians. They have dehumanized themselves by their own actions.

Vitro

This is why have have fluctuated on how I feel about the Russian soldiers. Early on, when there were lots of conscripts in the invasion force, I felt awful for them. Seeing the videos of Russian tanks, helicopters, etc. were tinged with some sympathy. By now, the Russian soldiers in Ukraine know what they're doing and still keep murdering civilians. They have dehumanized themselves by their own actions.
It’s very hard to judge on the whole tbh because they’re obviously not a homogenous lot.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Funnily enough I heard about these just the other day on a history podcast. I'm sure the emus would disagree though.
Well it's very hard to distinguish a civilian emu from a soldier emu but I do believe most of those emus were armed so I'm not sure you could call it a war crime. Maybe the baby emus I suppose though, poor little murderous child soldier bastards.

Superden

Are these atrocities any different to what happened in Iraq?
The whole military complex of all sides needs booting into the fdcking sea.

KranjskaKlobasa

War brings the worst out of people. It looks eerily the similar as it was in Balkan wars of the 90s. Sociopaths leading "normal" people and convice them do the unthinkable things to former neighbours just because they are 'the others'.

Rajma

Girls brought to Zaparozia hospital from Mariupol with vaginal and anal raptures of which the OLDEST one is 10 years old.

Last edited:

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
Yep, sympathy for Russians is basically evaporating.
There were loads of rumours that Putin had planned to round up and execute the Ukrainian leadership. I guess they felt the civilian population were a suitable substitute. I still cannot believe anyone did this and thought it wouldn't come to light.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
There were loads of rumours that Putin had planned to round up and execute the Ukrainian leadership. I guess they felt the civilian population were a suitable substitute. I still cannot believe anyone did this and thought it wouldn't come to light.
We’re probably just at the beginning of learning about the atrocities.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Are these atrocities any different to what happened in Iraq?
The whole military complex of all sides needs booting into the fdcking sea.
The problem is that if you boot your military complex but then the opposition still keeps theirs your fecked.

dove

Expect nothing less from that country. Unfortunately the vast majority of the crimes will never be discovered unless we retake the occupied cities. Imagine the extent of shite happening in for example Mariupol, city with over 400k people. Russia must be completely blocked from everything and must be deputinized by all means necessary or we will never ever have peace in Europe because you can rest assured, there will be another Putin after this one, it's how the regime works for hundreds of years.

Simbo

I read in one of the tweets that they are investigating a case of a 16y.o girl who was anally raped
I read another tweet where a group of girls “the oldest of which is 10” is being treated in hospital for vaginal injuries.